• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

Talon

No but when a call is that obvious it should be quick. Once the refs start to call a shit game I don't cut tenant slack.
Intentional grounding requires the following conditions:

1. QB inside the tackle box.
2. a. Ball must reach beyond the LoS OR b. Ball travels to an area with no obvious receiver

Each official has a specific area of the field that they're watching. The linesman is watching criteria 2a, the back judge is watching the secondary/receivers so he's 2b, and the referee is standing behind the QB, so he's keeping an eye on the tackle box.

No idea why you're being so obtuse about this.

KHarvey16

No you didn't follow the conversation. The reason I mentioned the players going up to the ref is because that was the point of contention about whether or not their bitching caused Boger to throw the flag.

Uh...I know? You said it was because the players went to the ref that they called the penalty. And we're telling you that's a dumb thing to believe.

Ponn

Banned
I just thought I would share something I thought I was funny. Hanging out with some friends today who are big Jags fans. They were all saying "Well they kept the score close so that was good" I was like, is this what Jag fans are aiming for now?

Dragon

Banned
I normally post on Internet forums and make relevant responses to what people say. Do you normally fail to respond and instead try to make dissembling meta responses instead of defending the lame things you posted?

You want to continue this pointless conversation? PM me, I'm done cluttering up this thread with this shit.

Hunter S.

XFRu0hS.gif

jnc perfect!

Tamanon

Banned
What a terribad drop.

I just thought I would share something I thought I was funny. Hanging out with some friends today who are big Jags fans. They were all saying "Well they kept the score close so that was good" I was like, is this what Jag fans are aiming for now?

Look for the good in everything? Sounds like they're just realistic and know we aren't a good team.

Good lord, the Pats fanbase is insufferable. Listen to them boo'ing the most obvious incomplete pass ever, also those stupid chants. Brady needs to leave this cesspool of an organization and fanbase. He's too good for them.

Patriots fans are funny. Don't think rules apply to their team.

Pats are just playing terrible, undisciplined football right now. They finally got something going offensively and momentum wise, and are pissing it all away.

Even if you don't agree with a penalty, don't get in the damn situation that might get it called in the first place.

Just dumb

Talon

My dream is that they start calling those bleacher throws out of the back of the end zone intentional grounding.
That will never happen unless there's some of bizarre car crash where Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, and every decent QB is involved, and the game reverts back to the single wing offense.

Top Bottom