• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

Zeke

So with Houston @ Dallas this week a question keeps popping up:

Does Dallas regret taking Tyron Smith, a good LT over JJ Watt two picks later.

Do you take a cornerstone LT over a defensive juggernaut? What say you? Honestly I would take the LT everyday.
I'd go with a LT all day. Hard to win games with a qb getting smashed every play. An anchor at LT protecting your qb is invaluable especially when your LT will be taking on the defenses best rusher.

Fox318

Kimberley A. Martin
@KMart_LI

#Jets leads #NFL in sacks (14). ...This defense is the first since 1985 to register four sacks in three straight games.

Do you guys think running into cockroach in a house (not apt) is a normal thing? I ran into four last night and when I told my landlady about it, she was understanding but also told me "what do you expect...it's what happens when you live in a house"

Best luck I've had in dealing with them is using about a cup of borax mixed with a tablespoon of sugar to bait them. and then just put it on on your floors, crevices where ever you're seeing them the most. it makes them crazy for a few days, and you'll likely see more than before, but it kills the whole nest within a week or two.

Trey

Elite QB, elite pass rusher, elite tackle. In that order.

An elite qb is still great with a mediocre tackle, and defense is absolutely necessary to win championships. If you simplify the game of football to a relationship between the two competing QBs, making the other fail is almost as important as your QB succeeding.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

Do you take a cornerstone LT over a defensive juggernaut? What say you? Honestly I would take the LT everyday.

what the fuck is wrong with you?

Its not THAT hard to find a good LT, JJ Watt is once in a lifetime player. And i dont think its too early to say if he keeps up his current play, as he's done for 3+ years now, he's a first ballot hall of famer.

Bowser

That's it. Not surprised it only lasted 4 seasons. Guy gained like 50 pounds.

Yeah. They had to create a new show called MvF Nation so that other people could do the challenges cause Richman got dangerously unhealthy. He's lost a ton of weight since then:

MH0114_DPT_WEI_01.jpg

http://www.menshealth.com/weight-loss/man-v-flab

edit: Fun fact - you can see me standing in line at one of the places during the NC episode

eznark

Banned
Elite QB, elite pass rusher, elite tackle. In that order.

An elite qb is still great with a mediocre tackle, and defense is absolutely necessary to win championships. If you simplify the game of football to a relationship between the two opposing QBs, making the other fail is almost as important as your QB succeeding.

JJ Watt makes twice as much as Joe Thomas.

It's a super shitty market. You get way more marginal value at the tackle position than pass rusher.

Guy is annoying but the food on DDD usually looks amazing. Plus he's just enough of a douche to laugh at but not enough to completely disgust me.

mr2xxx

Banned

DE, a QB can make up for lineman play while you need an entire secondary to make up for a lack of a pass rush.

Pro

Yeah. They had to create a new show called MvF Nation so that other people could do the challenges cause Richman got dangerously unhealthy. He's lost a ton of weight since then

Did that ever start up? They delayed it for his Twitter comments on #thinspiration about telling people to commit suicide and how they shouldn't have been born.

Bowser

Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy will not miss his third straight game by choice. The NFL put him on its exempt list last month while they were dealing with a swirl of controversy created when TMZ released the second Ray Rice video.

So while Hardy is making nearly $800,000 a week to be in limbo, he’s free to do whatever he wants. And that includes working on his aspiring rap career.

Ja Alan, a Memphis-based rapper, on Thursday posted a portion of a video shoot in Charlotte. In the snippet, Hardy, aka Mac Carl Jr., name drops LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and uses the line, “crack a b—-.”

It’s unclear what the exact meaning of that lyric is, but it may not be the best choice of words considering Hardy’s current legal situation.

http://blackandbluereview.com/panthers-defensive-end-greg-hardy-working-rap-career-nfl-exempt-list/

cUe6r8B.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
My ex was into that thinspiration thing and it's not pro anorexia. Much of it is just girls showing off their hardcore six packs and working out and running and stuff. Yeah there's some occasional "thigh gap" stuff but the girls weren't overly skinny or anything.

BigAT

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Broncos releasing K Matt Prater, who's coming off 4-game suspension, per source. Brandon McManus wins Denver kicking job.

You know what this means? SEVENTH ROUND PICK FOR THE GIANTS, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

boondocks1ggzwk.gif

bbhighfiveaxy72.gif

tmnt3zzy2n.gif

A little surprised that Denver is bailing on Prater, despite his off the field stuff. McManus has done well so far, but Prater was pretty great. Plus he counts as $4M in dead money for them next year.

Syrinx

If they got to do it over again, I would think they'd take Watt. But I don't think you ever "regret" a pick that ended up being a legit franchise LT.

zychi

Banned

Overall Watt is the better player. But Dallas NEEDED an o-line, they had Demarcus already, a DPOY candidate. The offense was struggling at the time, not the defense.

Could you imagine Watt AND Demarcus Ware on the same team? Jesus.

Texans went 2-14 with a dominant JJ Watt.

Give me the tackle.

That's it. Not surprised it only lasted 4 seasons. Guy gained like 50 pounds.

Amen. Big Walt won an MVP trophy for the Seahawks*. How many pass rushers have ever won MVP?

Yes I know they gave it to Shaun Alexander but anyone who watches football intelligently knows that Walter Jones was the best player on that team and made Shaun Alexander what he was.

Man, Prater either really fucked up in his recent offense or really has an issue. I hope he gets better, whatever it is. He really looked off all preseason.

Amen. Big Walt won an MVP trophy for the Seahawks*. How many pass rushers have ever won MVP?

Yes I know they gave it to Shaun Alexander but anyone who watches football intelligently knows that Walter Jones was the best player on that team and made Shaun Alexander what he was.

Hutch too. Man Shaun had it easy those years.

Top Bottom