• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 5 |OT| The Week of Embarrassment and the Fall of an Empire

Do you guys think running into cockroach in a house (not apt) is a normal thing? I ran into four last night and when I told my landlady about it, she was understanding but also told me "what do you expect...it's what happens when you live in a house"
Don't wait for your landlord. Buy maxforce fc roach gel and apply it yourself around the house. No more roaches. My tenant had a roach problem and i bought that goop, works like a charm.

Feel free to forward the bill to your landlord afterward.

Bowser

Diners Drive ins and Dives is the GOAT cooking show

CivWZC2.gif

zychi

Banned
best cooking show is called "fuck thats delicious" by action bronson. its on vice.com/youtube

so great. he even makes fun of the spiky haired guy from the one food show in one of the episodes.

Don't wait for your landlord. Buy maxforce fc roach gel and apply it yourself around the house. No more roaches. My tenant had a roach problem and i bought that goop, works like a charm.

Feel free to forward the bill to your landlord afterward.

I'm googling it but what does it do? And where would I apply it around the kitchen?

Oh man I get nervous about forwarding the bill

eznark

Banned
Cooks Country and America's Test Kitchen are the only cooking shows (and magazines!) to pay attention to.

Wtf is this shit? Guy makes the show awesome
Wow, I have never in my life heard anyone say anything positive about Guy Fiere

Football wise, the Giants will hold their third consecutive day of 100% practice participation. Beckham, Kennard and Beason all full go.

As for the Falcons:

vaughn mcclure @vxmcclure23 · 34m34 minutes ago

Coach Mike Smith said Justin Blalock and Harry Douglas are out for Sun

Three starters on their offensive line are out for this game along with Douglas.

Bowser

Lions update:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 7m7 minutes ago
Lions HC Jim Caldwell said if Calvin Johnson doesn't improve with his ankle injury, there's a chance he misses Sunday's game.

Lubricus

Football wise, the Giants will hold their third consecutive day of 100% practice participation. Beckham, Kennard and Beason all full go.

As for the Falcons:

Three starters on their offensive line are out for this game along with Douglas.

I was just on the Falcoholic website, I saw two predictions, 44-14 and 45-17 in favor of the Giants. Myself, I will be surprised if the Falcons score over 10. I along with others are hoping the coaching staff get lost in the Pine Barrens of NJ.

HylianTom

Banned
Cook's Country, on PBS, is my main cooking show. And I'm not much of a cooking show guy. I like their kitchen gadget comparisons, and they do a blind taste test on different supermarket products in each episode - fun to see if my tastes match theirs. They also try preparing a dish several different ways, to see which gimmicks or methods work and which ones don't.

Edit:
Regarding Mr SmashMouth cooking show person..

life.jpg

I'm googling it but what does it do? And where would I apply it around the kitchen?

Oh man I get nervous about forwarding the bill
It kills roaches!

Specifically, you apply it in areas that roaches frequent (kitchen, bathroom, hallways) they eat it, it poisons them, they take it back to their nest and it poisons their progeny, destroying everything. It doesn't smell and it's easy to apply, so you don't have to evacuate the house when or after you put it down.

It costs about 30 bucks for a tube, which should do your whole house unless you're eznark. Don't be afraid to forward the bill to your landlord. The cost of the gel to her is much less than the cost of finding a new tenant, and in that case she'll have to get rid of the roaches anyway. Just tell her what you're going to do and the cost beforehand.

It kills roaches!

Specifically, you apply it in areas that roaches frequent (kitchen, bathroom, hallways) they eat it, it poisons them, they take it back to their nest and it poisons their progeny, destroying everything. It doesn't smell and it's easy to apply, so you don't have to evacuate the house when or after you put it down.

It costs about 30 bucks for a tube, which should do your whole house unless you're eznark. Don't be afraid to forward the bill to your landlord. The cost of the gel to her is much less than the cost of finding a new tenant, and in that case she'll have to get rid of the roaches anyway. Just tell her what you're going to do and the cost beforehand.

Thank you you are so helpful. I will be rooting for the Steelers from now on

bionic77

I don't think it is possible to kill all of the roaches.

If you reach a point where you never see them be happy.

For every roach you see there are 1000 that you don't.

Just make sure not to leave open containers out (ziploc that cereal).

Also roaches don't seem to be a problem in more rural areas. I think the houses are too far apart or maybe they get bored with that country living.

I was just on the Falcoholic website, I saw two predictions, 44-14 and 45-17 in favor of the Giants. Myself, I will be surprised if the Falcons score over 10. I along with others are hoping the coaching staff get lost in the Pine Barrens of NJ.
Giants don't really blow out a lot of teams and we have our own issues on defense that Ryan and his receivers can exploit but it's about as winnable as a game gets. Seriously banged up team with a poor pass rush against an surprisingly healthy Giants team at home and coming off of two games where the offense has finally found its footing.

EDIT: Coughlin on Rolle's theory about Prince's sex life:

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr · 22s22 seconds ago

Tom Coughlin when asked about "The Prince Theory" says "Oh stop it. Does anyone have a legitimate question?" #nyg

Milchjon

Belichick actually released a statement on Dobson.

STATEMENT FROM PATRIOTS HEAD COACH BILL BELICHICK
"In my year and a half with Aaron Dobson, he has always been respectful to me and to the rest of the coaching staff. He has never once been argumentative or confrontational. The suggestion and reporting that his playing time was in any way the result of a ‘loud disagreement’ with a coach is completely false."

Top Chef
Fresh off the Boat- Eddie Huang (although it seems like Vice took all the episodes off - I can't find them except on Chinese youtube)
No Reservation

I don't think it is possible to kill all of the roaches.

If you reach a point where you never see them be happy.

For every roach you see there are 1000 that you don't.

Just make sure not to leave open containers out (ziploc that cereal).

Also roaches don't seem to be a problem in more rural areas. I think the houses are too far apart or maybe they get bored with that country living.
Killing all roaches is a pipe dream with track housing and townhouses, but the cleanliness thing is a myth. Roaches can proliferate in a number of ways. The easiest? Your groceries.

It's harder to get roaches in rural areas, but if you do you are fucked with a capital F. Good luck getting rid of them without burning the house down.

MechDX

So with Houston @ Dallas this week a question keeps popping up:

Does Dallas regret taking Tyron Smith, a good LT over JJ Watt two picks later.

Do you take a cornerstone LT over a defensive juggernaut? What say you? Honestly I would take the LT everyday.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Do you take a cornerstone LT over a defensive juggernaut? What say you? Honestly I would take the LT everyday.

Typically speaking if you have three elite players I would pick:

Elite QB > Elite Pass Rush > Elite Tackle

What was the name of that show where that guy went to places that made ridiculously unhealthy but famous food? I remember seeing him get fatter every season in the ads.

They are both important pieces in an oline/dline but neither will single-handedly win you any games like a QB/RB/WR would.

Top Bottom