• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

LevelNth

Banned
these words are from another poster on our 9er forum, but the Gif is mine

now I don't agree with the 100% part...but yes, many of their passes are.

if this was Kap on this play... even after a win... what do you think the media and some fans would say?

i'll go first.

oh look, there is a clean pocket and he couldn't help himself BUT to run....and WOW he is not seeing the field... instead of being selfish and one read QB... he could've had the easiest TD of his life....and helped his team on this play. tsk tsk tsk.
It's just subtle media racism man, it always has been. Wilson is somewhat of a black Tim Tebow, and even speaks the same, so he's enough Cuba Gooding for the media to be more accepting. Nothing sticks out like a 'sore thumb'. He doesn't have lots of tattoos like Kap, doesn't have a perceived me-first attitude like Cam.

Kap (or if it was Cam or Geno etc.) is way too 'thug', with his tattoos, his manner of speaking, his style of dress, etc. You flip the script and put Kap on the Seahawks with a Super Bowl win, and the praise would be NO WHERE NEAR as unanimous as it is for Wilson. Just how it goes.

Kelly Explains What's Behind Foles' Troubles:

No one has a better idea of what's behind Nick Foles' (Arizona) recent struggles than coach Chip Kelly, and he offered a detailed assessment of his star-crossed quarterback when he met with reporters Monday.

One of the most obvious issues has been Foles is sitting on his back foot on passes, and not stepping through the throw with authority. The best sports analogy might be that of a basketball player failing to follow-through on a jump shot. Kelly chalked that up to Foles not getting his feet set because he's too busy dodging pass rushers in the pocket. And said defenders are appearing from unexpected places.

"I think it’s fixable," Kelly said. "It’s just a matter of drill work, fundamentals, do a lot of movement drills, (quarterbacks coach) Bill (Musgrave) does a really nice job with him from that standpoint.

"We just got to get him to where he’s real comfortable in there and sometimes guys are coming clean or coming off at times that you didn’t expect. It may have been a three-technique that beat the guard, so he’s got to slide-step. Usually you kind of understand that when there’s a blitz coming, you know where the unblocked guy is coming from. But sometimes when you think it’s going to be solid but you feel a little bit of pressure and you step into your right or step into your left, you just need to do a little bit better job of getting your feet set before you throw the football."

Over his last two games, a road loss to the 49ers and Sunday's 34-28 home win over the Rams, Foles is connecting on only 56.3 percent of his passes for 302 yards with two touchdowns and three interceptions. His passer rating is an average of 64.25 (out of a possible 158.3) over that stretch.

Kelly admitted his quarterback has been under greater duress through the first five games than he was in a record-setting 2013, when he threw 27 touchdowns to just two interceptions. Part of that is likely because the offensive line is missing two standout starters, left guard Evan Mathis and center Jason Kelce, and right tackle Lane Johnson is still re-adjusting after sitting out the first four games with a drug suspension.

"I don’t think we got as much pressure last year, to be honest with you," Kelly said. "But I still think it’s a combination of things. Sometimes it’s just little, fundamental things and we all got to go back to work and I think he understands that."

Skele7on

Banned
It's ok. Buffalo's D was racking up the penalties Sunday, so his philosophy hasn't changed and that will bite them eventually.

But damn. Stafford is hot garbage. We're stuck with him, too. At least hockey starts tomorrow.

I would love to see inside staffords brain when he makes his decision.

I mean imagine being a guy that has depended on a monster for seasons to save him.

then he looks over and said monster is waving from the side line.

I would imagine he see's the field like this....

heic0211h.jpg

So I'm officially 21 now.

What adult beverage do I purchase first?

Tequila bottle, down it, then you'll know the pain of what being an adult is.

Bowser

I'm not the one making fun of him though.

Although I think he would fare better if he posted more his age

You and Gata have more in common than just sharing an avatar it seems.

And the answer to your question is Bourbon. My choice is Knob Creek, but you can't go wrong with Woodford either.

Happy Birthday Grover! As for drinks try as many as you can as fast as you can and enjoy!

Happy Birthday brentech! Welcome to 31....it sucks, might want to get some liquor too

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I'd prefer Chris Illusion over their older stuff, but in general I've never been a fan

they had their moment, but so many bands do so much more these days
not sure what you mean by this?

Ive seen lots of metal bands live, and only a few compare to slayer live. A lot of the 'newer' bands that were supposed to be the new hotness in metal a few years ago like Mastadon, children of Bodom, lamb of god, et al, seriously don't know how to setup their sound live, they sound like whitenoise.
Slayer on the other hand has a very good sound live. And i freaking love that they are no bullshit, almost no pyro, no lasers, or anything like that, they dont fuck around between songs doing pointless shit (looking at you metallica), Tom Araya just looks around the audience, calmly says maybe one or two things then they start the next song.

Every time i have seen slayer, their set list has been wildly different than the last time i saw them. Where a lot of bands play a lot of the same songs just in different order. I dont know how slayer is overrated when they arent that popular and people love to say that they are overrated.

You make good points Kas. But they even got MVP, 2 Time Super Bowl Champion Eli Manning working in his footwork, Stafford misses a lot of reads and throws partly because of his mechanics. If he was properly set he wouldn't have to sidearm it and do lob passes when he should be singing it. Marino had horrible injuries, weak offensive lines and no running game,but his mechanics were great. But like FMT said, you can only get away with it for so long. Once Marinos receivers were getting jammed, he dropped off considerably.

Really dude

31 today =(

I've been 31 for a few months now.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Glad that Buffalo gets to keep the Bills. I feel a little bit of kinship there since Buffalo is sort of like Green Bay in that it's a pretty small town with an NFL team. OKC is twice the size for example.

Also Happy Birthdays all around to Grover and Bren.

I don't even follow baseball and I'm hoping something horrible happens to the Giants and Cardinals. Not quite as bad as having to watch an all Harbaugh Super Bowl though.

I agree with the Tequila suggestion and would mix it with some beers.

You'll hate yourself tomorrow, like you should now yang you're an old.

Bowser

Glad that Buffalo gets to keep the Bills. I feel a little bit of kinship there since Buffalo is sort of like Green Bay in that it's a pretty small town with an NFL team. OKC is twice the size for example.

Also Happy Birthdays all around to Grover and Bren.

I don't even follow baseball and I'm hoping something horrible happens to the Giants and Cardinals. Not quite as bad as having to watch an all Harbaugh Super Bowl though.

Same. I am not a baseball fan at all but I enjoy the playoffs. Definitely rooting for either the Royals or Orioles to win the series.

Greg

not sure what you mean by this?

Ive seen lots of metal bands live, and only a few compare to slayer live. A lot of the 'newer' bands that were supposed to be the new hotness in metal a few years ago like Mastadon, children of Bodom, lamb of god, et al, seriously don't know how to setup their sound live, they sound like whitenoise.
Slayer on the other hand has a very good sound live. And i freaking love that they are no bullshit, almost no pyro, no lasers, or anything like that, they dont fuck around between songs doing pointless shit (looking at you metallica), Tom Araya just looks around the audience, calmly says maybe one or two things then they start the next song.

Every time i have seen slayer, their set list has been wildly different than the last time i saw them. Where a lot of bands play a lot of the same songs just in different order. I dont know how slayer is overrated when they arent that popular and people love to say that they are overrated.
I wasn't talking about live, just their sound in general is dated now, and even other bands like Overkill and Onslaught in the same time period had better output

and how aren't they popular? they're one of the most popular metal bands ever - one of the big four, millions of record sales...

eznark

Banned
I wasn't talking about live, just their sound in general is dated now, and even other bands like Overkill and Onslaught in the same time period had better output

and how aren't they popular? they're one of the most popular metal bands ever - one of the big four, millions of record sales...

douchbag-metal-fan.jpg

bionic77

Happy birthday to youngs and almost olds!

Both of you need to be wary of your balls dropping closer to the ground. It happens to both children and old men!

One day Gata...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'd still like to see Metallica live at some point.

I should probably get on that since they're already pretty old and busted.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I'd still like to see Metallica live at some point.

I should probably get on that since they're already pretty old and busted.

eh, dont pay too much for the tickets. Lars drumming is and has been very lazy since the black album. You can listen to pre black album live to his drumming and after on songs like Harvester of Sorrow and he plays the drums very lazily, doesnt even attempt to do the double bass beat in that song.

Go in with low expectations.

I wish I could have seen them on the and justice for all tour.

Bowser

On Schwartz:

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 44m44 minutes ago
On the Jim Schwartz controversy, team source said: "He never asked anyone to carry him off the field.

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 44m44 minutes ago
He told the defense if we lost, they would have to carry him off the field because he'd be so devastated."

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 43m43 minutes ago
Will be interested to hear Schwartz discuss this.

DMczaf

On Schwartz:

Doesn't matter either way, he should have been smart enough on the field to go "Don't lift me up, I am not a douchebag! This is just a standard regular season win! I'm just a defensive coordinator!"

Except he is a douchebag, so he got on those shoulders and high fived people like the douchebag he is.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ould-be-coming-for-calvin-johnson-in-detroit/

I'm done if this happens. Calvin is our franchise quarterback. He's the whole team. Stafford would barely throw for 4000 yards without Calvin. Stafford would be out of the league without Calvin, bottom line.

It's not like the Lions to trade their top franchise player. They let let them retire at the age of 31.

Also guys Naruto is ending in November. I'm surprise Shonen Jump's big cash cow is actually gonna end. I stopped reading the Manga and just watch the anime so the ending is gonna be a little longer for me. Hopefully this means no more fillers.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
eh, dont pay too much for the tickets. Lars drumming is and has been very lazy since the black album. You can listen to pre black album live to his drumming and after on songs like Harvester of Sorrow and he plays the drums very lazily, doesnt even attempt to do the double bass beat in that song.

Go in with low expectations.

I wish I could have seen them on the and justice for all tour.

I saw a video where he actually played Dyer's Eve live. That must have been pretty sweet.

I wish I could have seen them also on that tour but I would have been like 8....9?

LevelNth

Banned
I love the logic that because the Lions drafted a TE it implies they are considering releasing Calvin.

Florio gonna Florio.

I love the logic that because the Lions drafted a TE it implies they are considering releasing Calvin.

Florio gonna Florio.

But he's a WR

:kas

I saw a video where he actually played Dyer's Eve live. That must have been pretty sweet.

I wish I could have seen them also on that tour but I would have been like 8....9?

I saw them play Dyer's Eve live....it was awesome. I've seen them live 5 times

Top Bottom