• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ould-be-coming-for-calvin-johnson-in-detroit/

I'm done if this happens. Calvin is our franchise quarterback. He's the whole team. Stafford would barely throw for 4000 yards without Calvin. Stafford would be out of the league without Calvin, bottom line.
Pure speculation.

Ultimately Stafford is the problem. I would rather have Suh and Megatron than him, and you guys know how much I dislike Suh. Check this out:
http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2014/10/7/6938227/matthew-stafford-lions-bills-missed-opportunities

He just isn't very good. He locks on guys and doesn't read defenses. I know I hate on Ebron but dude has been wide open multiple times this year, but Stafford doesn't see him. Ross has been open. Tate is almost always open.

Remember when we said if he couldn't replicate 2011 with more weapons he wasn't the guy? The offense is averaging 12.5 points since the Giants game. I don't want to hear about Megatron being hurt, Tate is a beast. Ross and Ebron are open. I want to get rid of Stafford AND Lombardi tbh.

Milchjon

I saw a video where he actually played Dyer's Eve live. That must have been pretty sweet.

I wish I could have seen them also on that tour but I would have been like 8....9?

Dyer's Eve is my favorite.

Also, for some reason I enjoyed God Hates Us All the most, followed by South of Heaven.

Oh wow.
Prosecution throwing shade in the AD case. Just motioned to have the judge recused.
They REALLY don't want AD playing this year at all...

Crisco

Banned
Isn't Calvin Johnson signed through like the end of the decade with a ton of guaranteed money? Why would the Lions ever ....... oh.

did anyone here pick up drive club? I am not gonna buy it cause I spend all my time on dota 2 but I was curious
Yep. Finished up the rookie tour trophy last night after about two hours of play. I'm enjoying it outside of the servers still being down which is pretty inexcusable for a supposedly "social" racing game.

GTI Guy

these words are from another poster on our 9er forum, but the Gif is mine

now I don't agree with the 100% part...but yes, many of their passes are.

if this was Kap on this play... even after a win... what do you think the media and some fans would say?

giphy.gif

i'll go first.

oh look, there is a clean pocket and he couldn't help himself BUT to run....and WOW he is not seeing the field... instead of being selfish and one read QB... he could've had the easiest TD of his life....and helped his team on this play. tsk tsk tsk.

Yes I couldn't believe he didn't throw it to Kearse. That was a total TD.

Dragon

Banned
I can't believe how long this is taking... What a mess.

Evolution has always had a combination of bad luck and incompetence along with some good graphics and decent gameplay. I remember when Motorstorm: Apocalypse was delayed to hell and back because of the Japanese earthquake.

not sure what you mean by this?

Ive seen lots of metal bands live, and only a few compare to slayer live. A lot of the 'newer' bands that were supposed to be the new hotness in metal a few years ago like Mastadon, children of Bodom, lamb of god, et al, seriously don't know how to setup their sound live, they sound like whitenoise.
Slayer on the other hand has a very good sound live. And i freaking love that they are no bullshit, almost no pyro, no lasers, or anything like that, they dont fuck around between songs doing pointless shit (looking at you metallica), Tom Araya just looks around the audience, calmly says maybe one or two things then they start the next song.

Every time i have seen slayer, their set list has been wildly different than the last time i saw them. Where a lot of bands play a lot of the same songs just in different order. I dont know how slayer is overrated when they arent that popular and people love to say that they are overrated.

If bucket was a metal fan he would complain that Slayer is overrated. They have been around for 30 years almost and consistently put out good music, and have not wandered from what they do.

I wonder how many extra Driveclub sales Sony has gotten by not putting up the PS+ edition? Very smart of them to hold it back and get the impatient to just buy it.

Daryl Ruiter ‏@RuiterWrongFAN 9m 9 minutes ago
#Browns DL Phil Taylor will miss some time; Taylor underwent surgery this morning; sustained knee injury Sunday at Tennessee

Skele7on

Banned
these words are from another poster on our 9er forum, but the Gif is mine

now I don't agree with the 100% part...but yes, many of their passes are.

if this was Kap on this play... even after a win... what do you think the media and some fans would say?

giphy.gif

i'll go first.

oh look, there is a clean pocket and he couldn't help himself BUT to run....and WOW he is not seeing the field... instead of being selfish and one read QB... he could've had the easiest TD of his life....and helped his team on this play. tsk tsk tsk.

You may kill me for this post but here I go.

This was the most annoying play of the night.

Not as a fan, but as a fantasy coach who had wilson, this very play cost me the win.

He's a good QB but sometimes I think he's a little selfish.

LevelNth

Banned
Supposedly AP's lawyer has also stated he's going to motion to push the Dec. 1 date up even into November as soon as other cases fall off the docket.

That is an aggressive push and coupled with the silly request by the prosecution for the judge to recuse himself (aka. massive stall tactic) my early prediction that there is way, way more to this story is looking more likely.

Don't be shocked to see AP on the field before the end of November guys.

ShaneB

A dream metal tour for me would've been able to have seen In Flames, Iced Earth, and Jag Panzer when they toured together in 2002, all in their prime.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's not like the Lions to trade their top franchise player. They let let them retire at the age of 31.

Also guys Naruto is ending in November. I'm surprise Shonen Jump's big cash cow is actually gonna end. I stopped reading the Manga and just watch the anime so the ending is gonna be a little longer for me. Hopefully this means no more fillers.

One of its cash cows.

The real cash cow is One Piece and you know it.

Singlehandedly saving the manga industry!

Hunter S.

I never thought I would see the day the Chargers are number 1 on NFL.com's power rankings. Mike McCoys system he brought from Denver really worked.

Skele7on

Banned
If Lions let Megatron go, I will personally burn my 81 jersey and start supporting the bills.

Please don't do this to me. I don't deserve this.

The Lions front office ruined Megatron's health by failing to surround him with decent WRs until he was fucking 30 years old. Yea he had a nice surrounding in 2011 but that's about it.

The Lions are to blame for not bringing in talent and having shit coaches but let's not overlook fatty forcing him to dive or be hit on every throw.

Tom Penny

I never thought I would see the day the Chargers are number 1 on NFL.com's power rankings. Mike McCoys system he brought from Denver really worked.

Rivers has been playing out of mind since the 2nd half of last season, their D is solid and now all his WR aren't injured.

Hunter S.

Rivers has been playing out of mind since the 2nd half of last season, their D is solid and now all his WR aren't injured.

Yeah, I am aware. He also got better after McCoy brought Peyton's style offense over to them. Last year at beginning of the year people were calling Rivers and has 100 million children done for. Then came the change in the system and they got better fast.

Crisco

Banned

McCoy's philosophy and emphasis on short completions helped, but at the end of the day, protection and productive WRs made the biggest difference. The front office is finally giving Rivers what he needs. He is a great QB, and has been under 3 different head coaches.

Hunter S.

McCoy's philosophy and emphasis on short completions helped, but at the end of the day, protection and productive WRs made the biggest difference. The front office is finally giving Rivers what he needs. He is a great QB, and has been under 3 different head coaches.
Hired Jan. 15, 2013 as the 15th head coach in team history, McCoy led the Chargers to the playoffs in his first season. At the time of his hiring, McCoy, then 41, was the second-youngest head coach in the NFL and the second-youngest in team history. The Bolts went 9-7 under McCoy and won four straight and five of their last six to close out the regular season, including a thrilling season-ending overtime win against Kansas City that vaulted the Chargers into the postseason. During that stretch, the Chargers defeated Kansas City twice, and Denver and Oakland once each to finish 4-2 in the AFC West. McCoy then led the Chargers to a Wild Card Playoff win in Cincinnati for the franchise’s first playoff victory since the 2008 season. The Chargers playoff appearance in 2013 marked the organization’s first since 2009 and McCoy joined Sid Gillman (1960), Don Coryell (1979 – Coryell’s first full season), Bobby Ross (1992) and Norv Turner (2007) as the only coaches in team history to lead the Bolts to the playoffs in their first season. Then with his team’s win over the Bengals, McCoy became only the third head coach (Ross and Turner) to win his first playoff game.

The Chargers themselves really value what McCoy did.
http://www.chargers.com/team/coaches/mike-mccoy/28859997-6158-4442-9f4c-576ab6f8946d

Tom Penny

Chargers were 9-7 and made the playoffs because the Dolphins were choke artists but they have carried over their good play from the 2nd half of last year.

Top Bottom