• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Phil Taylor had a scope on his knee and will be out a few weeks.

Hughes and Kitchen will replace him.

the NBA is jealous of all the negative attention NFL players have been getting I guess
lzpvxdnabxnt4hlcvlqk.jpg

Jesus fuck.

I am pretty sure if both DeMeco Ryans and Mychal Kendricks are out this week against the Giants it is a guaranteed loss. They would be starting Casey Matthews and Emmanuel Acho at ILB. With Marcus Smith subbing in, and he's only got like 10 or so snaps at the position in his career. Disaster.

cdyhybrid

Go Hawks

IND @ HOU

NE @ BUF
BAL @ TB
PIT @ CLE
CAR @ CIN
DEN @ NYJ
DET @ MIN
GB @ MIA
JAX @ TEN

SD @ OAK
CHI @ ATL
DAL @ SEA
WAS @ ARI

NYG @ PHI

SF @ STL

MechDX

Texans O lineman David Quessenberry will be honorary captain on Thursday while getting treatment for non-Hodgkins T lymphoblastic lymphoma.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11664406/player-battling-cancer-texans-captain

Before the Texans face the Colts, Quessenberry will be an honorary captain, having just completed his sixth round of chemo. The Texans will donate $100,000 to the Lymphoma Research Foundation in his name, the proceeds of the sales of T-shirts made in Quessenberry's honor.

"Going out for the coin toss will be awesome," Quessenberry said in a phone interview. "... My biggest thing is raising awareness for the young adults of America to understand what lymphoma is, to understand it's about getting diagnosed early so you can attack it and beat it and live a long healthy life afterward."

Colts coach Chuck Pagano reached out to have an "Indianapolis for DQ" shirt created. Pagano, a leukemia survivor, wore it during a preseason practice and has helped Quessenberry throughout his treatments.

When he can, Quessenberry is at the facility, attending meetings and taking notes.

"The other day I looked up, we're in a team meeting and he was sitting there," Texans coach Bill O'Brien said. "It's unbelievable. He's there and he's going through the chemotherapy. He just loves his teammates. He loves football.

"He's a tough guy. Here's a guy that practiced with that for about four or five days before he actually said something was wrong with him. That's tough; that's just a unique person. He comes from a great family and we love to see him around. I know the fans will love seeing that on Thursday night."

Quit being classy Pagano.

eznark

Banned
Supposedly AP's lawyer has also stated he's going to motion to push the Dec. 1 date up even into November as soon as other cases fall off the docket.

That is an aggressive push and coupled with the silly request by the prosecution for the judge to recuse himself (aka. massive stall tactic) my early prediction that there is way, way more to this story is looking more likely.

Don't be shocked to see AP on the field before the end of November guys.

Ultimately he still beat a 4 year old bloody with a stick. I doubt the league lets him on the field this year.

No doubt in my mind AP walks legally. All Hardin needs to do is find one geezer on the jury who was brought up on the same tradition of child discipline and says its no big deal and Peterson's in the clear.

Goodellfuhrer's not about to let someone with a demonstrated pattern of child abuse back on the field now though. Not in light of all the other shit these shitheads are doing. Especially not when there is clear and indisputable visual evidence supporting the allegations.

Peterson should join the Twins while he's not allowed to play in the NFL, they could use a switch hitter.

Damn

What trash talk?
Both teams. All on twitter.

This was posted by license plate guy (big Giants fan who's at all the games) with DRC and Prince:

BzYdChfCEAAdUn9.jpg

Trent Cole went in on Rolle for saying the division was weak last season, then Maclin came out saying Rolle talks to much, etc.

I sometimes think they do this stuff on purpose to build up these games up ala boxing matches. Either way, it's entertaining even if I prefer them (te Giants I mean) to shut-up. Of course the coaches are both super respectful to their respective opponents as you'd expect.

EDIT: DRC did come out and tweet later that he posed for the pic at the request of a fan and it wasn't meant to go out in the wild to disrespect the Eagles.

I <3 McCoy

Chargers were 9-7 and made the playoffs because the Dolphins were choke artists but they have carried over their good play from the 2nd half of last year.
Basically every team choked, I think 3 other teams had to all lose and then we almost lost to the Chiefs backups, which would have been the most Chargerish loss ever.

Coley Harvey @ColeyHarvey · 8m 8 minutes ago
A.J. Green just got carted off practice field while practice is open. He let out an audible sigh as he rode off. Possibly his toe #Bengals

Coley Harvey @ColeyHarvey · 3m 3 minutes ago
Only exercises the #Bengals were doing before Green got carted off were plyometrics and stretching. May have aggravated it then.

Bungles

Top Bottom