• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

MechDX

Then move some other team, I want to enjoy beating the pats for years and years when brady retires
in a few weeks

We would rule with an iron fin

Both of you can just keep finishing 3rd in your division and you will meet yearly. Im always looking out for you BFF

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The nfl has been saying that for awhile now sorry I'm just skeptical about this. I can buy the rams going to LA. Stan already bought the land 60 acres worth and has deep enough pockets to do whatever he wants as far construction goes. I can't see aanyone fronting cash to the raiders without wanting a chunk of Mark's pie. They have already sold off shares of the team I think if he sells more off he'll cease to be the majority owner. He already he wants his own place to play hence why they aren't sharing the 9ers stadium.

Yeah I think it's pretty damning if you follow the money. I'd bet Rams to LA will be the next move if any team does relocate.

The Raiders leaving California is a bigger question to me because I have to wonder if the NFL would be okay with one of their marquee franchises moving. It's one thing to move the Rams out of St. Louis back to where they came from but another to move one of the members of the NFL "Mt. Rushmore" so to speak.

MechDX

Yeah I think it's pretty damning if you follow the money. I'd bet Rams to LA will be the next move if any team does relocate.

The Raiders leaving California is a bigger question to me because I have to wonder if the NFL would be okay with one of their marquee franchises moving. It's one thing to move the Rams out of St. Louis back to where they came from but another to move one of the members of the NFL "Mt. Rushmore" so to speak.

Im still on the "move the Packers to Akron" train. For Greg.

Zeke

Stan is the owner of my teams the Avalanche and the Nuggets. He is usually not cheap with his teams at all. As long as they make profit. He does not care where they play; he will pay to have good facilities and a good team, usually. In other words, I think he will pay for a good team in LA, in that huge market.
That's my point dude has deep pockets and is the right owner for an LA team. The nfl is going to want an owner like that in LA and no disrespect to Mark Davis but he's one of the poorer owners in the nfl. The big question I have if one or both teams go to LA how bad is that going to hurt the chargers? Socal is their market and now they would have to split it three ways. Someone isn't going to be happy.

MechDX

If that means we get 17 years of Tannehill playing like Marino then sure, make it 70-0 if you want.

If you make it 2nd in the division and we play the jets every other year then we have a deal

Sure! Dolphins/Texans can be the new Titans/Jags once the Bortles era gets full steam

That's my point dude has deep pockets and is the right owner for an LA team. The nfl is going to want an owner like that in LA and no disrespect to Mark Davis but he's one of the poorer owners in the nfl. The big question I have if one or both teams go to LA how bad is that going to hurt the chargers? Socal is their market and now they would have to split it three ways. Someone isn't going to be happy.

Move the Chargers to SA since they dont have the history of the Raiders in Cali.

As expected..

Ebenezer Samuel @ebenezersamuel · 24m24 minutes ago

Tom Coughlin was not happy about this whole Prince-and-DRC taking pics with a fan thing. Amukamara said he heard from TC about it today.

Mifune

Mehmber
I love seeing people get all bent out of shape about the Schwartz thing. He was carried about ten feet for about ten seconds. None of his former players gave a crap. It was a douchey move but maybe try winning a game without using laser pointers, Lions fans.

Fox318

As expected..

image.php

Hunter S.

That's my point dude has deep pockets and is the right owner for an LA team. The nfl is going to want an owner like that in LA and no disrespect to Mark Davis but he's one of the poorer owners in the nfl. .

My point is he would go to LA to take advantage of the huge LA market so he can make the most profit possible.

Stan is like this:

tumblr_mkbpkaN37G1s5elw3o1_400.gif

Zeke

It sucks for Oakland but shit how much longer do expect the team stick around with the same situation. The stadium problem has been an issue since they first left Oakland for LA and back again. Raiders have a raw deal at o.co. the A's get a cut of the raiders money I believe. I doubt any owner is cool with that.

Zeke

No matter what happens San Antonio will NOT get a team. McNair and jerry would never allow it.

Mcnair said it was whatev as long as it was good for the league. As far as Jerry goes well Fuck Jerry. You do seem to have your jimmies rustled about the thought of my city getting a team.

MechDX

Mcnair said it was whatev as long as it was good for the league. As far as Jerry goes well Fuck Jerry. You do seem to have your jimmies rustled about the thought of my city getting a team.

I could care less to be honest. It doesn't mater what either say: neither owner is going to risk losing any fanbase $$$ to another team. Just will not happen.

Horse poop. That dude is about as credible as Gata. Raiders will never move to the NFC.

It's more likely the Rams are moving to LA anyway, so even if 2 teams do end up there (which seems kinda dumb to me), there wouldn't be any need for reshuffling.

I still think there's a good chance the Raiders end up in San Antonio. Especially if Rams come back to Cali, 3 teams each in Texas and Cali is better than 4 in Cali and only 2 in Texas.

In any case staying in Oakland is looking less and less likely.

bionic77

My kids might be racist or its possible that black people really do all look alike. Or maybe they just need glasses.

I got excited about Kobe Bryant when they were 2 and before his body exploded and that has stuck with them. Now every time they see a black player of any sport they just shout out Kobe very excitedly.

I am glad that they know we are a Steelers family but I am a little uncomfortable with them calling any black athlete Kobe.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
My kids might be racist or its possible that black people really do all look alike. Or maybe they just need glasses.

I got excited about Kobe Bryant when they were 2 and before his body exploded and that has stuck with them. Now every time they see a black player of any sport they just shout out Kobe very excitedly.

I am glad that they know we are a Steelers family but I am a little uncomfortable with them calling any black athlete Kobe.

I remember small children a few decades ago thinking every black dude was Michael Jordan.

Zeke

I could care less to be honest. It doesn't mater what either say: neither owner is going to risk losing any fanbase $$$ to another team. Just will not happen.
What money does mcnair lose? Texan fans are pretty localized as it is. Jerry I can see not wanting it since he has a bigger stranglehold on the area. A three way in state rivalry is a money maker for both of them any way you slice. Dallas or Houston rolling into town is an immediate sell out game.

Greg

:kobe

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I want SA to have a team. Texas should have 3 teams.

Hell, give El Paso, Corpus, and Harlingen/Brownsville one each too.

jakncoke

Banned

You going to jump ship if they do? If not, how many cowboy fans/texans will do you think if san antonio got a team? To me personally it seems the texas market is at capacity and doesnt need a 3rd team.

I want SA to have a team. Texas should have 3 teams.

Hell, give El Paso, Corpus, and Harlingen/Brownsville one each too.

You're drunk go home and think about your sins.

jakncoke

Banned
Just watched Paths of Glory for the first time. Amazing Film.

You need to burn your car like it was a cowboys fans car and throw batteries at the next cat for taking so long to watch it.

sanjuro is in the nfl-gaf irc if you need him, no i will not messenger. you fuckers will go in there yourself. not hard to dl a client and type in irc.browsingtheinternet.com as the server and #nfl-gaf as the channel

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You going to jump ship if they do? If not, how many cowboy fans/texans will do you think if san antonio got a team? To me personally it seems the texas market is at capacity and doesnt need a 3rd team.

:you

You have a poor understanding of how huge football is in Texas. There also isn't any state income tax here so players would love to play here. Also considering that most of Texas avoided the 2008 collapse, the number of transplants, population, and just amount of money that exists in this state, Texas could probably support 4 NFL franchises if they wanted.

Hunter S.

My NFL Mt. Rushmore

Broncos, Packers, 49ers, Steelers

Raiders belong in the thug, loser hall of fame.

JABEE

You need to burn your car like it was a cowboys fans car and throw batteries at the next cat for taking so long to watch it.

sanjuro is in the nfl-gaf irc if you need him, no i will not messenger. you fuckers will go in there yourself. not hard to dl a client and type in irc.browsingtheinternet.com as the server and #nfl-gaf as the channel

Next up is 2001. I also have the Killing and Spartacus on reserve at the library.

Tell Sanjuro that I will play him in Madden tonight after the Flyers-Bruins game!

jakncoke

Banned
:you

You have a poor understanding of how huge football is in Texas. There also isn't any state income tax here so players would love to play here. Also considering that most of Texas avoided the 2008 collapse, the number of transplants, population, and just amount of money that exists in this state, Texas could probably support 4 NFL franchises if they wanted.

I don think I do, how many people are going to jump ship to become a fan of this mythical new franchise in san antonio and even more mythical 4th franchise? No one knows for sure. Just because there is 26 million residents in texas and rising doesnt mean they are going to jump ship from their current teams. I think it'd be mistake to put a 3rd team in texas, just like it was a mistake giving jacksonville a franchise.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
My NFL Mt. Rushmore

Broncos, Packers, 49ers, Steelers

Raiders belong in the thug, loser hall of fame.

Ehhhh I know you're trolling but....

Top 5 teams would be Packers, Niners, Steelers, Raiders, and Cowboys.

I don think I do, how many people are going to jump ship to become a fan of this mythical new franchise in san antonio and even more mythical 4th franchise? No one knows for sure. Just because there is 26 million and rising doesnt mean they are going to jump ship from their current teams

Pulling a statistic out of my ass but I would say that squickens make up the majority of NFL fans and not the minority. If you build it, they will come.

Zeke

I don't know if I'd jump ship tbh. I am in favor and always have been in favor of an nfl team here. It's good for the city profile I have no issue with it. SA doesn't have a huge Texan fan base. If SA were to land a team I bet my bottom dollar people would jump ship as soon as it was announced. The city has been hungry for a team for 30 years it's always been a goal here. The entire reason the alamodome was built was because the city was serious about landing an expansion team. SA loves it football UTSA is a conference USA team and are pulling in 35,000-45,000 a game. You can't tell me fucking Texas of all places is at capacity when you have 3 teams in Florida, 3 in cali and 3 in ny. Texas is a huge ass state man and football is king here. Look at saints games here in SA during Katrina all sell outs. The city used that as why to show they would support an nfl team.

bionic77

I remember small children a few decades ago thinking every black dude was Michael Jordan.
This sounds horrifying.

My kids will grow up knowing nothing about Michael Jordan, Tom Brady or the Star Wars prequel movies.

I want them to maintain their innocence for a little while longer. I am sure ez slaughters baby deer in the family room in front of his kids and dresses them up in bambi's skin but the bionic household is a little softer than the eznark household.

Top Bottom