• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

jakncoke

Banned
I don't know if I'd jump ship tbh. I am in favor and always have been in favor of an nfl team here. It's good for the city profile I have no issue with it. SA doesn't have a huge Texan fan base. If SA were to land a team I bet my bottom dollar people would jump ship as soon as it was announced. The city has been hungry for a team for 30 years it's always been a goal here. The entire reason the alamodome was built was because the city was serious about landing an expansion team. SA loves it football UTSA is a conference USA team and are pulling in 35,000-45,000 a game. You can't tell me fucking Texas of all places is at capacity when you have 3 teams in Florida, 3 in cali and 3 in ny. Texas is a huge ass state man and football is king here. Look at saints games here in SA during Katrina all sell outs. The city used that as why to show they would support an nfl team.

Well people can travel you know ;),

Maybe im overthinking Cowgirl nation allegiance

bionic77

I also assumed that everyone in Texans was a Cowboys fan and that even most Texan fans also owned Cowboys jerseys.

This is from watching King of the Hill and not any real world information or facts.

I just realized that the Giants probably have a solid argument for top 5 franchise.
I didn't want to appear homerish ;) by making it but the contributions of Wellington Mara alone, the history of the team and those Hall of Fame coaches associated with some of the franchises in that list starting out with the Giants along with 8 league championships is a pretty compelling argument.

Hunter S.

Ehhhh I know you're trolling but....

Top 5 teams would be Packers, Niners, Steelers, Raiders, and Cowboys.

Mount Rushmore
Dean_Franklin_-_06.04.03_Mount_Rushmore_Monument_(by-sa)-3_new.jpg

BigAT

most successful team in winning seasons since 1984. Longest streak of game sellouts, even above the Packers you Indiana man.

Indiana Man

"Sellout streaks" are always absurd and absolutely meaningless. The rest of it just screams "We lost a TON of playoff games" to me. Broncos only have two Super Bowls and those are concentrated to a single period of time.

Their greatest accomplishment as a franchise is having lost the most Super Bowls ever. Congrats.

eznark

Banned
Packers are so old most of their championships were done before you were born. In a time when only Bionic, Weinke, and FMT were alive.

You realize they have as many Super Bowl wins in my lifetime as the Broncos, right? That is something you are aware of?

jakncoke

Banned
I also assumed that everyone in Texans was a Cowboys fan and that even most Texan fans also owned Cowboys jerseys.

This is from watching King of the Hill and not any real world information or facts.

Maybe all the #americateam talk and all the maps that showed texas and midwest is cowboy nation has me brainwashed.

"Sellout streaks" are always absurd and absolutely meaningless. The rest of it just screams "We lost a TON of playoff games" to me. Broncos only have two Super Bowls and those are concentrated to a single period of time.

Their greatest accomplishment as a franchise is having lost the most Super Bowls ever. Congrats.

They are indeed, because we'll never get the info on how many seats were bought by local business and local corporations, like the final 9000-15k to keep the streak in tact/the game from being blacked out

Hunter S.

There can be only one.

I can not talk trash to your team because I do not know your team and remember nothing about you. Sorry

duxstar

After Listening to the Ross Tucker Football podcast something is really bothering me, and I know its going to make me sound like a homer; but still defies logic.

The 49ers have 3 Wins and 2 Losses

The Losses were to the Bears in which Kaepernick sucked ass, and still isn't 100%, and the Cardinals who are 3 - 1

The wins were over the Cowboys (4 - 1), the Eagles (4 - 1), and the Chief's (now 2 - 3)

In their first 5 games the combined record of the teams they played is 19 - 9, and if you take out games against the niners they are 17 - 6. Yet people are heaping praise on the Cowboys and Eagles like they are these elite teams, the fact of the matter is the Niners aren't at 100% and really just need to survive till week 10 in the hunt when we get some of our better defensive stars back.

Yet they haven't had an easy game all year so far, and in 2 weeks they go against Denver.

Other than the 49ers
The Cowboys have gone a tear recently against the Saints, Rams, Texans, and Titans. The Eagles competition has been Jaguars, Colts, Redskins, Rams.

Just pointing out that all these analyst that are on the bandwagon need to look a little deeper. I hate when they don't ever look at the Schedules of teams that they are getting PAID to talk about.

Granted when the Niners can't beat the Rams on Monday (don't ask me, they always suck it up against them) then I'll look like a fool, I'm just saying they've had a pretty tough schedule so far this year.

jakncoke

Banned
Who was the clown last year that called the entire regular season the entire preseason for the broncos and it didnt matter because broncos bout to rout to another SB in the playoffs?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Who was the clown last year that called the entire regular season the entire preseason for the broncos and it didnt matter because broncos bout to rout to another SB in the playoffs?

Sounds like Tabris.

I don't think any of the regular Broncos fans were that crazy.

jakncoke

Banned
Sounds like Tabris.

I don't think any of the regular Broncos fans were that crazy.

It does, but I dont think it was a dude that posts often. I think it was one of godplays flock who post like 3 times a week and he accepts and defends because they root for the broncos. Wondering if he has made a post this season. Guess i might have to take a little search

Zeke

No one was traveling from New Orleans to SA for saints game they had bigger problems. SA used to be crazy about the boys I feel now a days most people are lukewarm about them. Hell most despise Jerry himself. He hasn't given the fans anything to rally behind aside from 8-8 seasons and embarrassment.

Eleuin

My kids might be racist or its possible that black people really do all look alike. Or maybe they just need glasses.

I got excited about Kobe Bryant when they were 2 and before his body exploded and that has stuck with them. Now every time they see a black player of any sport they just shout out Kobe very excitedly.

I am glad that they know we are a Steelers family but I am a little uncomfortable with them calling any black athlete Kobe.

kA62T.png

kA62T.png

kA62T.png
kA62T.png

Fox318

Shame mount rushmore was never completed

kmccDJO.jpg

Meanwhile Crazy Horse is the Duke Nukem Forever of the rock sculpture world.

Colasante

Dominique Easley suffered an AC joint separation against the Bengals. There's early optimism he can play, but the call will be made later.

For Easley's joint separation in right shoulder, it's mostly about pain management. Again, will know more definitely later in week.

That's not good, considering the thin depth on the defensive line. At least it wasn't his knee, I suppose.

jakncoke

Banned
No one was traveling from New Orleans to SA for saints game they had bigger problems. SA used to be crazy about the boys I feel now a days most people are lukewarm about them. Hell most despise Jerry himself. He hasn't given the fans anything to rally behind aside from 8-8 seasons and embarrassment.

So they a bunch of squickens.

Top Bottom