• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

5. They have a weak schedule, so while they may beat these teams, does that mean we get to see who they truly are? Arguably Philly is the toughest team on their schedule.
Hey the 49ers haven't regressed THAT much. Philip seems so jekyll and Hyde so I guess we'll see which team shows up.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I addressed one poster that led to a dog pile.

Never once did I accuse anyone of fair weathering, in fact I've been the one accused of that.

Btw, it's not my fault. Had he said he wasn't a Seahawks fan, despite having a Pete Carroll Avatar and being a Seahawks apologist, it would have been a different conversation. Me being a new face, even though I've posted in these threads on a rare occasion for years, it would've helped him help me had he prefaced his post with such information.
yea you did
you said twice he probably became a fan in January, implying he's only a fan because the Seahawk won the superbowl. If that's not accusing someone of fair weathering, I don't know what is.

Godslay

Banned

Never once did I accuse anyone of fair weathering, in fact I've been the one accused of that.

Btw, it's not my fault. Had he said he wasn't a Seahawks fan, despite having a Pete Carroll Avatar and being a Seahawks apologist, it would have been a different conversation. Me being a new face, even though I've posted in these threads on a rare occasion for years, it would've helped him help me had he prefaced his post with such information.

For the record, I want to make sure you saw this post, and I'm far from a Seattle apologist. If anything I should be happy they lost. I was also being sincere about this post, we're all pretty laid back here.

Zach3000, welcome aboard by the way.

I'm a Broncos fan, but stick around. Everyone is welcome here.

Hey the 49ers haven't regressed THAT much. Philip seems so jekyll and Hyde so I guess we'll see which team shows up.

SF beat them though.

brentech

I just wanted to argue it was all. :3

lol, but you actually have an argument. It's hard not to have a top line with a top 3 LT and C.
If it wan't for playing as the Browns in Madden GAF league, I probably wouldn't know the other guys (like every other team outside the Packers).

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
yea you did
you said twice he probably became a fan in January, implying he's only a fan because the Seahawk won the superbowl. If that's not accusing someone of fair weathering, I don't know what is.

Lol you both sound like children.

captive

Why couldn't the giants oline play like this against the Texans? I've seen the eagles defense before and this isn't all them.

Oh fucking great, costas going to fellate the cowboys.

DarkFlow

Banned
The only thing I learned from the Dallas-Seattle game is this. DeMarco is a beast, nothing is going to slow him down.
Until he inevitably hurts himself.

captive

Lol you both sound like children.
Sorry you're just so above it all.

I have a problem when people say they didn't say something when they did, ill call them out on it every time

I also don't care how much people post in here, my own post count is dwarfed by others, but like i said before, don't come in guns blazing making yourself look like an idiot like he did and then double down on it.

Narag

what in the hell

Godslay

Banned
I have been a Seahawks fan since the Chuck Knox days.

image.php

Konka

Banned
I was just saying that the niners are still the best team they'll play all year and that the Eagles o line issues are pretty large right now. If they can't get them fixed by playoffs it's gonna be rough for them.

Our players will be back by the playoffs.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I like everyone bitching about these primetime blowouts and how CBS or whoever is getting the shaft.

But then the ratings come out and they destroy everything they're up against.

ZaCH3000

I never brought up any of your posting history, it's not a popularity contest either. I can hold my own, I don't need help to engage you in football discussion.

I understand your enthusiasm, all I was saying was the following:

Temper your expectations with the following thoughts:

1. Seattle was missing a player that takes them from pretty good to elite.

2. They didn't utilize the engine of their offense for whatever reason.

3. They were winning up until the very last drive, which took a rare play (3&20 conversion), for Dallas to remain in the game.

4. Dallas always seems to get up for certain games. The game against Denver last year is a perfect example. They played lights out that game, and then weren't able to put it together consistently for the rest of the year. Is this one of those times?

5. They have a weak schedule, so while they may beat these teams, does that mean we get to see who they truly are? Arguably Philly is the toughest team on their schedule.

Dallas came away with the win, props to them. Sorry for not being sold on your team yet.

Dallas of last year is a different Dallas this year. It's apples to oranges. That's why I don't recognize your point.

Dallas was leading going into the half. In fact, the momentum was greatly in their favor for most of the 1st half. Seattle capitalized in 12 minutes of the 3rd quarter largely off great field position from flukes. Please present an argument that substantially refutes mine. I bet you won't.

From a cynical fans POV, this is the game that puts to rest lots of my fears about this Dallas football team, namely on defense. I knew what this offensive was going to be before ESPN analysts. I knew the offensive line was the problematic area on offense years ago whenever the team cut an aging Flozell Adams. Murray is carrying the ball at a record rate and looks strong.

Despite this success, I'm still week to week, game to game. This game, the Cowboys indisputably dominated the Seahawks. The former Super Bowl champs. I'm holding my breath for next week because injuries, which has been the Boy's biggest crutch in seasons past, continue to be an imminent fear of mine.

Godslay

Banned
I was just saying that the niners are still the best team they'll play all year and that the Eagles o line issues are pretty large right now. If they can't get them fixed by playoffs it's gonna be rough for them.

Yeah, Indy, Arizona, and Philly are the best teams they'll play for the rest of the year. Giants can't decide if they'll be good or bad, so I'm undecided on them. But a win is a win, and in the end that's all that matters.

Top Bottom