• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

Konka

Banned
WOOO BOYKIN

092313-kelly-chip-eagles-600.jpg

Godslay

Banned
Dallas of last year is a different Dallas this year. It's apples to oranges. That's why I don't recognize your point.

Dallas was leading going into the half. In fact, the momentum was greatly in their favor for most of the 1st half. Seattle capitalized in 12 minutes of the 3rd quarter largely off great field position from flukes. Please present an argument that substantially refutes mine. I bet you won't.

From a cynical fans POV, this is the game that puts to rest lots of my fears about this Dallas football team, namely on defense. I knew what this offensive was going to be before ESPN analysts. I knew the offensive line was the problematic area on offense years ago whenever the team cut an aging Flozell Adams. Murray is carrying the ball at a record rate and looks strong.

Despite this success, I'm still week to week, game to game. This game, the Cowboys indisputably dominated the Seahawks. The former Super Bowl champs. I'm holding my breath for next week because injuries, which has been the Boy's biggest crutch in seasons past, continue to be an imminent fear of mine.

I understand they are different team, the year over year point I'm getting at is that when they played Denver it was a different energy. Same thing with tonight. I remember one of the Dallas players saying as much last year, although I can't find the quote now. They seem to play their best when it's a top-tier team, and then they go back to being inconsistent. They have been better this year, and the record reflects that.

Call it flukes, but football happens. Same thing happened with the 3 & 20. Fact was even with a lead at the half, Cowboys were nearly out of the game when Romo pulled that conversion out of thin air. It was impressive though.

From my POV, I wouldn't hang my hat on this win. If the Broncos beat Seattle the way the Cowboys did tonight I wouldn't be confident with them doing it again or with consistency. I'm not trying to insult your team with that, it's just how I would feel.

Anyways, congrats on the win over the SB Champs. It was a good game. Here's to hoping both teams stay healthy.

I understand they are different team, the year over year point I'm getting at is that when they played Denver it was a different energy. Same thing with tonight. I remember one of the Dallas players saying as much last year, although I can't find the quote now. They seem to play their best when it's a top-tier team, and then they go back to being inconsistent. They have been better this year, and the record reflects that.

Call it flukes, but football happens. Same thing happened with the 3 & 20. Fact was even with a lead at the half, Cowboys were nearly out of the game when Romo pulled that conversion out of thin air. It was impressive though.

From my POV, I wouldn't hang my hat on this win. If the Broncos beat Seattle the way the Cowboys did tonight I wouldn't be confident with them doing it again or with consistency. I'm not trying to insult your team with that, it's just how I would feel.

Anyways, congrats on the win over the SB Champs. It was a good game. Here's to hoping both teams stay healthy.

lol what? there was about 5 minutes left and dallas had all 3 timeouts. seattle hadn't moved the ball much. even if they dont convert that 3rd down the game is nowhere near over

Top Bottom