• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

eznark

Banned
you know its bad when the radio and news articles are saying "the yucks are back"

:(

2048x1367

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't know why everybody is so surprised that Eagles fans would cheer the injury of an opposing team's wide receiver.

:jnc

Pretty damning gifs. But as stated when I posted Vines of Watt being held, choked and blatantly tripped: happens every game and some gets called and some doesn't.

There's a very solid line between bending/breaking the rules to limit a player in a game and trying to injure another player. Nasty stuff does happen pretty frequently at the line because everyone is focused on the skill players. Still never cool to try and intentionally injure another player though because that's like trying to get another dude fired or laid off in the real world.

eznark

Banned
:jnc

There's a very solid line between bending/breaking the rules to limit a player in a game and trying to injure another player. Nasty stuff does happen pretty frequently at the line because everyone is focused on the skill players. Still never cool to try and intentionally injure another player though because that's like trying to get another dude fired or laid off in the real world.

Burfict is an idiot for doing it in the open but that shit happens in every single pile.

Crisco

Banned
Yeah, I mean the Steelers and Ravens both took shots at Cam's ankle, but those were in the middle of making an actual football play. Burfict twists his ankle after getting beat for a TD with the play over. Going after known injuries on star players is nothing new, it's why hockey is so secretive about injuries, but there's still a line you don't cross.

What's really shocking is the amount of people that are shocked that Burfict, or any player, would do such a thing. What sport do you think you've been watching all these years?

jakncoke

Banned
Whats up with the new LC pretzel crusted pizza having no sauce.

What's really shocking is the amount of people that are shocked that Burfict, or any player, would do such a thing. What sport do you think you've been watching all these years?

People are naive to things that occur at the bottom of the pile and on the field. Too much pc neogaf and anime has warped their sense of reality of the outside world

JCizzle

It's the same as the Ray Rice video getting released. Everyone knows that domestic violence is bad, but seeing it happen on tape puts a new face to it. You're absolutely right that it's a common thing, but it's rare to see it like this so out in the open.

eznark

Banned
It's the same as the Ray Rice video getting released. Everyone knows that domestic violence is bad, but seeing it happen on tape puts a new face to it. You're absolutely right that it's a common thing, but it's rare to see it like this so out in the open.

history700.jpg

That one actually disgusted me as Reynolds was clearly trying to crush Sorgi's windpipe. Fucking lunatic.

jakncoke

Banned
What are you going to do to stop it?!

Unless your answer is "stop watching", all you guys are doing is bitching needlessly.

Gata thinks because he can get people banned on neogaf that he has all the power!

Also no gata you dumb shitler, but being shocked at it is pretty dumb. It would be like be shocked at the rampant steroid/hgh abuse in the nfl

Crisco

Banned
So what's the next step for the Bucs? They tried promising up and comer in Raheem Morris. They tried giving a college coach total control with Schiano. Lovie Smith was supposed to be a known commodity. Promote from within maybe?

eznark

Banned
So what's the next step for the Bucs? They tried promising up and comer in Raheem Morris. They tried giving a college coach total control with Schiano. Lovie Smith was supposed to be a known commodity. Promote from within maybe?

lol they aren't going to fire Lovie

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So what would you guys consider "dirty play" then? I mean, everyone has a line somewhere that shouldn't be crossed. Warren Sapp's and Brandon Browner's attempted murders on Chad Clifton and Greg Jennings respectively were pretty dirty and cheap in my book.

Or is the expectation simply "do whatever you can get away with" and that there really is no dirty play on the field?

So what would you guys consider "dirty play" then? I mean, everyone has a line somewhere that shouldn't be crossed. Warren Sapp's and Brandon Browner's attempted murders on Chad Clifton and Greg Jennings respectively were pretty dirty and cheap in my book.

Or is the expectation simply "do whatever you can get away with" and that there really is no dirty play on the field?

I don't think anybody is saying that it's not dirty.

MechDX

Dirtiest hit in league history:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81182051/

charles-martin-hit-list.jpg

Sometimes you just know what a dirty play is

eznark

Banned

Who said it wasn't dirty?

Bowser

What are you going to do to stop it?!

Unless your answer is "stop watching", all you guys are doing is bitching needlessly.

Uh, in case you missed it, that's basically the entire point of even having a forum. What the hell else are we going to do? If we're not commenting on the games, what the fuck is the point of this thread?

Not quite sure what's gotten into you since last night, but chill man.

Discussing football and remarking on dirty plays in a thread about football.
Told to stop watching or shut up.

K.

You're insufferable DK.

tissues.jpg

Let me know when you're finished, i'll buy you a cookie.

Uh, in case you missed it, that's basically the entire point of even having a forum. What the hell else are we going to do? If we're not commenting on the games, what the fuck is the point of this thread?

Nobody's saying we can't discuss it. It's "OMG, a player intentionally tried to injure another player! i'm so surprised by this! This is unprecedented in NFL history!" that is eye rolling. We just got into this with Suh last year!

Gata said we shouldn't accept it. How do you suggest we don't accept it?

jakncoke

Banned

To waste to see how far into hell we can dive. Clearly, otherwise we'd be over 12% football related posted and things like coldnoodle and other weirdos would be kicked out!

Gobias

Banned
history700.jpg

That one actually disgusted me as Reynolds was clearly trying to crush Sorgi's windpipe. Fucking lunatic.

Yeah I remember seeing that dirty ass shit. Dude is a bum. Future Packer great AJ Hawk must have been disgusted seeing that up close.

brentech

Yeah I remember seeing that dirty ass shit. Dude is a bum. Future Packer great AJ Hawk must have been disgusted seeing that up close.
You posted that, and I was thinking that the incident happened like 3 years ago. Holy shit time flies when you quit watching college football.
Had to look it up to realize Hawk really was on the team then.

Hunter S.

Peyton has 506 total touchdowns and is averaging 3 touchdowns a game.

I bet FMT would love if Peyton beat out Farve for the total touchdown record against the 49ers. I am excited!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm pretty sure most of us here understand that there are dirty plays happening all the time. I think we all had a communication issue because it sounded like you guys were saying that the dumbest part was getting caught, not the dirty play itself.

It's definitely part of the game and won't be going away anytime soon. Outside of Tebow, I have been pretty clear in the past that I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of NFL players aren't the saints and amazing people that the league would like for everyone to believe.

Since Steelers and Packer fans make up a giant portion of the posters here, we agreed that the NFL didn't happen in the 1980s so I don't even know what you're talking about.

eznark

Banned
You posted that, and I was thinking that the incident happened like 3 years ago. Holy shit time flies when you quit watching college football.
Had to look it up to realize Hawk really was on the team then.

I got in like a 200 person brawl with ohio fans during that game. It was nuts.

that was a 2 game suspension.
And it ended his career

Top Bottom