• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

Jesus christ why would you come out and admit that you fucked up like that. Either you pass on both downs to try and get the 1st, or you run on both to eat up TO's and time. You cant do both. He really should just be fired and hope that whoever else comes in can do basic football things.
Also, he called the two TO's on the Packers final drive to "Kodak" and see what formation the Packers would line up in before the TO. When Finnegan and Wheeler were asked if they knew what formation the Packers were in before the final TO neither knew, and the defense came out with the same personnel and play regardless...

Fantomex

You actually believe this, don't you?

I actually didn't. Thought it was hogwash. This was during Irelands last year. Then you started hearing it from Armando Salguero (beat writer), writers from the Sun Sentinel, mentioned weeks later from Greg Cote and then finally it was insinuated when the phins hired Dennis Hickey this year. During some of the interviews Hickey and Philbin mentioned vaguely something like "you can't let someone draft a player that you know with certainty will set your franchise back just to win a power struggle". I'm heavily paraphrasing here.

Supposedly he wasn't easy to work with in Seattle either. This all coming from the same writers by the way.

After bringing former Miami Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland in as a pre-draft consultant, the Seahawks did not retain his services, the News Tribune has learned.

The plan was for Ireland to be with the Seahawks through the draft, with the possibility of further work within the organization. The Seahawks decided to move on without him.

To be crystal clear, as fans. The majority of us wanted a clean slate this year. New GM, New Coaches, New staff and just start from scratch with someone capable for a turnaround in 4 years. Some were ok with keeping Philbin. I felt he was part of the problem and wanted him gone.

So Lazor was the one throwing it? Interesting given the criticism Philbin took yesterday for that.

You have to admit that whatever decision was originally made, pass for the first down, or run out the clock, you had to stick with it. Changing from passing to running after 2nd down is a terrible strategic move.

Bowser

So apparently Dilfer was on Cowherd's Thundering Herd this morning and said Cam is nothing more than a RB wearing a QB's jersey.

Marty Hurney, former Panthers GM who has his own radio show now, is going off on Dilfer, saying things like, "Just because you run the Elite 11 camp doesn't make you a QB guru" and wondering why "Russell Wilson gets so much credit for his game last week where he was running and passing, but Cam is constantly discredited for doing the same thing."

Will be interested to hear the actual audio from Dilfer. Everyone knows Cam's playing the best he ever has from the pocket this season.

Mindlog

So apparently Dilfer was on Cowherd's Thundering Herd this morning and said Cam is nothing more than a RB wearing a QB's jersey.

Marty Hurney, former Panthers GM who has his own radio show now, is going off on Dilfer, saying things like, "Just because you run the Elite 11 camp doesn't make you a QB guru" and wondering why "Russell Wilson gets so much credit for his game last week where he was running and passing, but Cam is constantly discredited for doing the same thing."

Will be interested to hear the actual audio from Dilfer. Everyone knows Cam's playing the best he ever has from the pocket this season.
You can't lose super bowls and be considered a super bowl winning quarterback.

BigAT

This is abhorrent and terribly offensive. Cam should be allowed to self-identify as any position he wants, regardless of what position he was born as.

Tom Penny

If Cam modeled his game after Dilfer he might have a SB already.

Colasante

Seahawks left tackle Russell Okung has a torn labrum in his shoulder, according to team sources.

Okung suffered the injury in Week 3 against the Denver Broncos, and has been attempting to play through the pain. There’s no official word on the extent of the tear, although it is believed to be significant.

The Seahawks starting tackle spent part of last season on Injured Reserve with designation to return after tearing a ligament in his toe.

Okung was drafted in the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He is currently in the fifth year of a six-year contract with the Seahawks.

That's not good.

Bowser

Here's the Dilfer audio (about 2:50 in): http://t.co/ODdzuvjxa3

Not as bad as was reported elsewhere, but he did seem to intimate that the Panthers/Shula don't have faith in his ability as a QB because they were calling zone reads in crunch time/OT? And also that if you "looked at Cam's eyes and body language, it was kind of like 'Really? I'm doing this again?'" in terms of zone reads being called. Um, I didn't see that at all...odd comments all the way around.

Not as bad as was reported elsewhere, but he did seem to intimate that the Panthers/Shula don't have faith in his ability as a QB because they were calling zone reads in crunch time/OT? And also that if you "looked at Cam's eyes and body language, it was kind of like 'Really? I'm doing this again?'" in terms of zone reads being called. Um, I didn't see that at all...odd comments all the way around.

talks shit on kap in the same manner. his hard on is for wussle and no one else! accept it!

zychi

Banned

Trent: "There's a reason why their called QBs....etc"

Says the game-manager who had 0 to do with winning the Super Bowl

Crisco

Banned
Every game where Cam has big rushing numbers is called into question. Nevermind the fact he also completed passes to 9 different receivers, 5 of whom are undrafted free agents. Did Dilfer complete a pass to 9 different players in his career?

Geez, it almost sounded like Dilfer was saying all the hits Cam takes running the ball will make him too stupid to be a good QB.

bionic77

What are this offenses weaknesses? Ben can make all the throws, They rack up a ton of yards, and have the number 2 WR and RB In the whole league. They should be a top 5 offense.
We don't have any horrible weaknesses but we don't have great depth outside of Brown concerning the wide receivers. The rest of the guys are green and clearly not always on the same page as Ben. Our TE is a million years old. And we don't have an obvious and physically dominating red zone target.

Nothing horrible as everyone has weaknesses.

I do agree that we could be a top 5 offense.

bionic77

Random note. But I've actually met starting guard Rob Sims for Seattle. He talked to my football team once in high school!
You Brownie bastards seemed so lovable and likable until after this Sunday.

Now you just seem like mean, ugly smug bastards to me.

Even though I predicted the Browns to destroy us I never could have foreseen how much it would hurt!

:(

eznark

Banned

Even though I predicted the Browns to destroy us I never could have foreseen how much it would hurt!

When did you get a Michael Jordan avatar?

Zeke

That's a lie gata is no where close to getting his GED. He probably just got up from his nap and is enjoying juice and cookies right now.

Still can't believe Philbin got "queasy" and overruled Lazor on that last drive. Running the ball on third and 9 with the game on the line... Truly brilliant coaching.

cajunator

Banned

Trent is a fucking idiot. Coasted to a SB win on the back of historic defense, that by the way had to bail him out as well.
It does make me wonder why Cam gets a lot of flack when he is actually a more talented passer than either Kap or Wilson. He is a scary motherfucker to play against, ground or air. I give him a ton of respect and I know the Saints do.

Trent is a fucking idiot. Coasted to a SB win on the back of historic defense, that by the way had to bail him out as well.
It does make me wonder why Cam gets a lot of flack when he is actually a more talented passer than either Kap or Wilson. He is a scary motherfucker to play against, ground or air. I give him a ton of respect and I know the Saints do.

Well he's an athletic run first QB, cajunator. I think he's a decent QB but I tell you what, I'm really impressed by Derek Anderson. First off he's a smart guy. He understands the playbook, the coaches don't have to baby him. And he's a born leader, he's not a flashy guy, not doing commercials all the time when he should be studying. He's a franchise guy, cajunator.

Brother bionic pls! In my book you're a honorary Browns fan for your support this week! Way better fan then that slut Squicken.

Really though I've been to many Browns home game loses. Can't imagine what it was like for the fans at the game yesterday. A win at home and vs the steelers.

Glad the team appears to be on the up swing, and hopefully more competitive division games are ahead.

Also won a bet of chipotle on the game yesterday. I'll mail you half friend :) !

eznark

Banned
Tramon Williams has no structural damage, just swelling.

Given the way these early reports go in GB, he is probably dead.

cajunator

Banned
Well he's an athletic run first QB, cajunator. I think he's a decent QB but I tell you what, I'm really impressed by Derek Anderson. First off he's a smart guy. He understands the playbook, the coaches don't have to baby him. And he's a born leader, he's not a flashy guy, not doing commercials all the time when he should be studying. He's a franchise guy, cajunator.

I wouldnt be surprised if Dilfer actually said that.

bionic77

Brother bionic pls! In my book you're a honorary Browns fan for your support this week! Way better fan then that slut Squicken.

Really though I've been to many Browns home game loses. Can't imagine what it was like for the fans at the game yesterday. A win at home and vs the steelers.

Glad the team appears to be on the up swing, and hopefully more competitive division games are ahead.

Also won a bet of chipotle on the game yesterday. I'll mail you half friend :) !
You can't expect me to be rational after that performance yesterday.

When push comes to shove Brownies are still much preferred over the pond scum that consists of the rest of the division.

You can't expect me to be rational after that performance yesterday.

When push comes to shove Brownies are still much preferred over the pond scum that consists of the rest of the division.
Rest of the division is the fucking worst.
Actually steelers are turrible too

eznark

Banned
he was actually sick from watching Brad Jones attempt to play football

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Zeke

I haven't been able to find anything on Doug Free's injury outside of it was a right foot injury. Read that he said he was ok after the game tho. I hope that's true because having Parnell out there doesn't sit well with me. As much shit as I've given free over the years he's been great run blocking.

Farooq

Banned
I haven't been able to find anything on Doug Free's injury outside of it was a right foot injury. Read that he said he was ok after the game tho. I hope that's true because having Parnell out there doesn't sit well with me. As much shit as I've given free over the years he's been great run blocking.

What surprises me is that they didn't even work Martin at RT in training camp and in the preseason. They worked Martin at Center and at LG for contingency, but not tackle.

cdyhybrid

After rarely seeing each other through the game's first half, Sherman and Bryant wound up lining across from one another 48 times (unofficially) to close the day. Of those 48 snaps, six were throws from Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo to Bryant, who hauled in two of them with Sherman on his shoulder - a 23-yard second-quarter catch and a 16-yard back-shoulder grab in the fourth quarter.

B-but if Sherman was good he'd follow the #1 receiver!

At least Stevan Ridley made it through the season without fumbling.

Glee1.gif

Mayo, Ridley out for Thursday which isn't a surprise. They haven't announced severity yet

Connolly has a concussion so he's probably out for Thursday. Stork wouldn't have practiced if they practiced today. Devey and Kline will be in... :X

MRSA

Banned
A patient checked in from Africa with flu like symptoms. We threw him into our isolation room and chucked him a phone.

jmdajr

Detroit Lions could sit Calvin Johnson until Week 10

Well he does my fantasy team no good being hurt. Brian Quick this is your time to shine!!!

Top Bottom