• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

Colasante

page2_a_stevan-ridley_mb_576.jpg

This sucks.

I think they'll probably go with James White and Tyler Gaffney next season, but I wonder if Ridley's injury makes it more likely he stays. I could see him signing a one year, prove it contract when the running back market is inevitably lower than he'd like.

As for now, I hope they bring up Jonas Gray from the practice squad. Little bowling ball looked decent in the preseason. And hopefully James White becomes the lead back, not Brandon Bolden.

Farooq

Banned
I was wondering if someone was going to catch that. Wussel had lynch wide open on that pick. He could have hit lynch and gotten a first down easy. The nearest defender was way down field playing the pass. He never even looked that way just staredowned the te and let it fly. Farooq free has sprained foot per bleacher report.

Damn. I wonder how long he will be out.

Edit: Gif of the INT btw.

just got a ticket for expired registration, just noticed that it went at the end of september :(

if i register real quick i should be able to fight the ticket right?

Just a guess but I doubt it. You are expected to not only have registered but to have the sticker before expiration date. At least in California

bionic77

When you are driving home from a decent distance (I was coming back from philly) and during the drive you get a strong urge to take a crap do you pull over and shit in the first gas station or restaurant you see with a bathroom or accelerate and wait until you get back home or to the office?

I always choose the latter.

Bread

Banned
Just a guess but I doubt it. You are expected to not only have register but to gsve tutu sticker before expiration date. At least in California
that's what i would think, but i got a ticket for expired inspection sticker a year back and a cop told me that if i had just gotten the car inspected asap and done the appeal i would have been fine.

it's different since an expired registration is a moving violation though...

Tom Penny

just got a ticket for expired registration, just noticed that it went at the end of september :(

They usually tow your car immediately because they are assholes. I don't think those are fightable tickets. They have the scanners now were I live so they drive around and just trap people. I was a victim 2 years ago of the " I noticed your registration is expired " pulling out a of a restaurant..bastards.

When you are driving home from a decent distance (I was coming back from philly) and during the drive you get a strong urge to take a crap do you pull over and shit in the first gas station or restaurant you see with a bathroom or accelerate and wait until you get back home or to the office?

Depends on the level of urgency. All #2's aren't always alike. Though general rule of thumb is I avoid public bathrooms to take a shit whenever possible. The only exception is at work where they keep our bathrooms very clean.

Bread

Banned
They usually tow your car immediately because they are assholes. I don't think those are fightable tickets. They have the scanners now were I live so they drive around and just trap people. I was a victim 2 years ago of the " I noticed your registration is expired " pulling out a of a restaurant..bastards.
the only reason it wasn't towed is because they pulled me over literally as i pulled into the bar's parking lot. thank god i made it in, that would have been fucking ridiculous to get pulled over 100 feet from home.

Zeke

Damn. I wonder how long he will be out.

Edit: Gif of the INT btw.
Nice thanks for posting that
Demarcus Lawrence can start practicing this week. Can't fucking wait to see him play in week 9.
Same here I really hope he can tally some sacks that's really been missing this season. The defense has whopping 5 sacks on the season which crazy for how well they have been playing.

jchap

Whoops just checked on twitter and they're saying he'll miss the next 3 games.

They are saying he could miss 3-4 weeks but that he may play this week

IRVING — Although Doug Free hopes to play Sunday, the starting right tackle could miss three to four weeks with a sprained foot, according to a source.

“I think he’s OK,” Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Monday. “He’s dealing with that injury, and we’ll see what it is here over the next few days.”

Free has started 77 consecutive games, but his streak now is in jeopardy. The Cowboys have four games remaining before their bye week, including a Nov. 9 game in London against Jacksonville.

Free sprained his right mid-foot with 3:23 left in Sunday’s victory over the Seahawks on a 6-yard run by DeMarco Murray. Jermey Parnell, who has two career starts, helped pave the way for Murray’s 15-yard touchdown run on the next play.

Parnell played five snaps, with Free returning for the victory formation kneel down to end the game.

“Jermey did a really nice job,” Garrett said. “He didn’t play many plays in the game, but he played some important ones. He’s been dealing with a rib injury and hasn’t been able to practice fully the last few days but came in and just really responded well to the situation. It’s part of knocking a guy all the way on his back on that first one. He came off the ball. One of the challenges for a guy like that going into a game like is everybody’s been playing for a while and the crowd noise and all that kind of stuff, you get used to that. All of a sudden you come in, and …you’re kind of clean and all that, but everyone else is kind of well into this thing, and I thought he responded well emotionally to that situation and mentally to that situation, and those were big plays that he played.”

jbug617

Banned

Can't take a crap in a strange bathroom.

Same here I really hope he can tally some sacks that's really been missing this season. The defense has whopping 5 sacks on the season which crazy for how well they have been playing.
You have the Giants coming up. That number will increase exponentially.

jakncoke

Banned
I seen on twitter earlier that Flacco is the first qb to throw 5 td passes in the first 16 minutes of the game. Congrats Blarry for Flacco lifetime contract and lol snes.

Doomsayer

the only reason it wasn't towed is because they pulled me over literally as i pulled into the bar's parking lot. thank god i made it in, that would have been fucking ridiculous to get pulled over 100 feet from home.

Did you get a correctable violation?

I got pulled over for the same thing (1 year expired... don't ask). The initial fine was $850 or so, I got it taken care of immediately and my fine was reduced to $55.

Bowser

Schefter with dem scoopz:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 27s27 seconds ago
Patriots LB Jerod Mayo is out for the year after suffering a lower right leg injury that multiple sources say “is bad”.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I seen on twitter earlier that Flacco is the first qb to throw 5 td passes in the first 16 minutes of the game. Congrats Blarry for Flacco lifetime contract and lol snes.

Yup fastest to throw 5 TDS. The old record was Big Ben at 28 minutes.

Farooq

Banned
The next 3 are against the Giants redskins and jags so it's not the worst thing in the world.

What happens when the Giants decide to match up JPP on Parnell? Definitely a mismatch. Washington also has a good front. I don't know.

He played 5 snaps yesterday, he was solid but his issues have always been in pass protection. I was not impressed with how he played in preseason when he was battling out Weems. We'll see.

Edit: But you are right, not the worst thing in the world and this is probably the best time to weather his injury. After the bye, the schedule is less favorable with so many games being on the road.

Yeah usually it's just a fix-it ticket in California unless it has changed, but last time I got one for expired tags, I took care of it and the judge waived the ticket and fine. but that was years ago.

Zeke

What happens when the Giants decide to match up JPP on Parnell? Definitely a mismatch. Washington also has a good front. I don't know.

He played 5 snaps yesterday, he was solid but his issues have always been in pass protection. I was not impressed with how he played in preseason when he was battling out Weems. We'll see.
Witten is going to have to help block then. He's good blocker so that should help take some pressure off.

RBH

uq3j1cxecmdsek7qqqhj.jpg

Bz2SK_uIcAAZFIh.jpg:large

St. Louis is breaking out the 1999 throwback uniforms for Monday Night Football tonight.

The Rams have suited up in these throwbacks for a few years, but this one's special. Tonight they'll be celebrating the 15th anniversary of that Super Bowl winning team, including honoring them on the field at halftime. The field itself will look a little different too.

Rams executive Kevin Demoff has been making noise since last year about overhauling the team's look, and in the spring he hinted that permanently returning to the '90s scheme is definitely on the table.
http://deadspin.com/the-rams-will-wear-those-sweet-1999-throwbacks-tonight-1645769781

Top Bottom