• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

cdyhybrid

When you are driving home from a decent distance (I was coming back from philly) and during the drive you get a strong urge to take a crap do you pull over and shit in the first gas station or restaurant you see with a bathroom or accelerate and wait until you get back home or to the office?

I always choose the latter.

I'll almost always stop at the first place.

v8oif1xg7qav6bqfsh8c.jpg

http://deadspin.com/drunk-seahawks-fan-has-foolproof-plan-for-hanging-onto-1645837842

NFL fans, SMH.

Bowser

Vernon better pay up. Lol

Bz3EDWjIAAEVfiV.png

The pre-pre game (i.e. when players come out to the field in warmups) is not subject to the Beats ban. It's only when they are warming up in their uniforms and in the post-game presser.

(UPDATE, Sun. Oct. 12, 11:15 a.m.): The ban against wearing headphones with logos other than Bose does not extend into the pre, pre-game. Example: When Panthers quarterback Cam Newton first comes out to do his pre-game ritual that includes a prayer near the goalpost, he is allowed to wear his Beats by Dre headphones. But when the team later comes out to warm up in pads, the non-Bose ban is in effect. The rule is mostly aimed at discouraging players from wearing other brands of headphones in postgame interviews, like 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick did last week.

JCizzle

Players have to pay fines for things like this? I thought it was just if they wore them in a press conference and so on.

If so, then fuck the NFL for this.

Kap got fined more for wearing pink beats than julius did for the cheap shot on Campbell that knocked him out for a few weeks. NFL!

Bowser

Why do players with all that money settle for shitty Beats headphones unless they are free of course?

They are free obviously. Most of these guys had pre-existing endorsement deals with Beats (Cam, Kap, etc). Some guys are now getting Bose endorsement deals (Wussle, Clay Matthews, Kuechly).

Patriots7

Is it wrong to say that Mayo hasn't been playing at the same level of the past, this season?

I feel the biggest contribution (arguably more important than I'm giving credit for) is wearing the green dot.

Lack of Ridley is gonna mean more Bolden...God help us all.

Tom Penny

Anybody hear from Brandon Spikes

"I think I talked a lot of trash in the offseason and we weren't able to back it up. That's what hurts me the most," Spikes said. "I pride myself on being a man of my word and it just let the city down. It's just unfortunate."

"We worked so hard in OTAs, the offseason, training camp, just for this game. It was disappointing. Just come out and trip it off like that.

I would laugh hysterically if Bill ever said they prepared all offseason for one division game...

Godslay

Banned
I hope for the sake of Farooq that this Dallas team isn't waiting to turn back into pumpkins.

As an outsider with no skin in the game as far as Dallas is concerned, I always hear warning sirens when a defense is playing beyond themselves. Will it hold up? Or will they come back down to Earth and then the games fall back on Romo's shoulders and Murray's legs? I don't have the answers. I can't really tell who they are.

Lost to the 9ers and beat up on some mediocre to poor squads, then beat a good team in Seattle. I'm leaning towards the idea that the offense will be good and consistent, but the defense won't hold up. Then again they have the following QBs to face the rest of the year so who knows:

Eli x2, Stanton, Bortles, Foles x2, Cutler, Luck, and Cousins x2

So far only Luck and Foles are playing well or with any consistency. So it will be hard to judge who they are unless they just start running wild on teams. October football is such an odd duck.

I will say that plenty of commentators, even on the Denver radio station are declaring them as 'for real', so maybe I should shelve any concerns.

I would laugh hysterically if Bill ever said they prepared all offseason for one division game...

Division games count for 2, so there is some merit behind his claim.

Honestly, it's probably because of the image. Beats are considered cooler. I don't think they're looking for the best fidelity of sound.
Beats by Dre , or Bose by some presumably random old white dude? (He is white).
Name recognition

I might be racist?
Naww, I'm good
Edit: some presumably random Indian American dude.

BigAT

I hope for the sake of Farooq that this Dallas team isn't waiting to turn back into pumpkins.

As an outsider with no skin in the game as far as Dallas is concerned, I always hear warning sirens when a defense is playing beyond themselves. Will it hold up? Or will they come back down to Earth and then the games fall back on Romo's shoulders and Murray's legs? I don't have the answers. I can't really tell who they are.

Lost to the 9ers and beat up on some mediocre to poor squads, then beat a good team in Seattle. I'm leaning towards the idea that the offense will be good and consistent, but the defense won't hold up. Then again they have the following QBs to face the rest of the year so who knows:

So far only Luck and Foles are playing well or with any consistency. So it will be hard to judge who they are unless they just start running wild on teams. October football is such an odd duck.

I will say that plenty of commentators, even on the Denver radio station are declaring them as 'for real', so maybe I should shelve any concerns.

Look at this fucking Cowboys fan.

effzee

Thoughts on Eagles game...

Missed it because I was at a family event so I watched it at 2am.

What a great watch at that time of night/morning when going into the game I was thinking the Giants would destroy the Eagles.

Where in the world had this Eagles OLINE been? We still played with 2 backups, with 1 guy (the center) who was out of football and was teaching, and yet they were all pulling, engaged in blocks, and getting McCoy to the 2nd level!

If we can get that run game going I wouldn't worry so much about Foles.

BTW its safe to say Foles is a turnover machine himself. Get your shit together over the bye week Foles. Sick of it.

Felt terrible for Cruz. First I'll be honest I thought he was faking an injury cause he dropped an easy TD but man seeing and hearing him in pain... just terrible.

I expected the Dline to get some pressure as they have been getting better but again just like the OLINE didn't expect what I saw.

Now I don't know if it was the Eagles finally putting together 4 quarters together on both sides of the ball or the Giants just never showed up to play? Even in our previous wins its either the Special Teams shows up when the D and O don't. Or OFFENSE plays well for a quarter but then disappears. Same with the D.

Feels great to be 5-1 going into the bye.

Walking Dead telling Todger to hold dat L

If there was ever proof positive of genre television series taking back the airwaves, it's this: AMC has revealed via press release that the season five premiere of "The Walking Dead" reached 17.3 million viewers -- 11 million in the coveted 18-49 demographic -- beating everything else in its slot, including Sunday Night Football. "The Walking Dead" beat Sunday Night Football by 2.5 million viewers in the 18-49 demo.

A friend hooked me on Mad Men and I'm through S1.

It's time to go face first in S2 tonight.

Niners by 17.

Get the thread posted you lazy fatties.

bionic77

Thoughts on Eagles game...

Missed it because I was at a family event so I watched it at 2am.

What a great watch at that time of night/morning when going into the game I was thinking the Giants would destroy the Eagles.

Where in the world had this Eagles OLINE been? We still played with 2 backups, with 1 guy (the center) who was out of football and was teaching, and yet they were all pulling, engaged in blocks, and getting McCoy to the 2nd level!

If we can get that run game going I wouldn't worry so much about Foles.

BTW its safe to say Foles is a turnover machine himself. Get your shit together over the bye week Foles. Sick of it.

Felt terrible for Cruz. First I'll be honest I thought he was faking an injury cause he dropped an easy TD but man seeing and hearing him in pain... just terrible.

I expected the Dline to get some pressure as they have been getting better but again just like the OLINE didn't expect what I saw.

Now I don't know if it was the Eagles finally putting together 4 quarters together on both sides of the ball or the Giants just never showed up to play? Even in our previous wins its either the Special Teams shows up when the D and O don't. Or OFFENSE plays well for a quarter but then disappears. Same with the D.

Feels great to be 5-1 going into the bye.
Someone get this 5-1 SOB a large bag of dicks.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Lol what? It has no merit whatsoever. They've already played other division opponents so did they not prepare for them? Just the pats? That comment is embarrasing. He's trying to act humbled and own up to it, but he made it worse in a way.

Dragon

Banned
I don't get the love for Beat headphones. They're not very good for the price.

Is it wrong to say that Mayo hasn't been playing at the same level of the past, this season?

I feel the biggest contribution (arguably more important than I'm giving credit for) is wearing the green dot.

Lack of Ridley is gonna mean more Bolden...God help us all.

You should ask LJ11 what he thinks of Mayo...

Godslay

Banned
Lol what? It has no merit whatsoever. They've already played other division opponents so did they not prepare for them? Just the pats? That comment is embarrasing. He's trying to act humbled and own up to it, but he made it worse in a way.

I'm just saying that division games are worth 2 games. So therefore they are more valuable. Not to mention that the Bills likely see the Pats as the top opponent to defeat in the division, adding more value to beating them. If you were to ask the Bills who they would LIKELY have to prepare the most for to capture the division who do you think they would answer with? Makes total sense in my mind that they would focus as much effort as they could to defeat the Pats than other division rivals such as the Jets and Fins. Even though as I pointed out above those are valuable as well.

I know you have an axe to grind with him, but like I said there is merit behind the thought.

Striker

For some reason, they lacked a decent rush against a depleted Falcon OL the week before until the 2nd half started and JPP began to turn on the jets. The DT's are solid (Jenkins and Hankins, at least; Patterson and Kuhn are ordinary), but the DE's just aren't consistent enough.

More worrisome is the OL regression. Pugh had his worst game to date and Richburg and Walton also mightily struggled. Reminded me of the 2013 line. They had issues both run blocking and protecting Eli.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm just saying that division games are worth 2 games. So therefore they are more valuable. Not to mention that the Bills likely see the Pats as the top opponent to defeat in the division, adding more value to beating them. If you were to ask the Bills who they would LIKELY have to prepare the most for to capture the division who do you think they would answer with? Makes total sense in my mind that they would focus as much effort as they could to defeat the Pats than other division rivals such as the Jets and Fins. Even though as I pointed out above those are valuable as well.

I know you have an axe to grind with him, but like I said there is merit behind the thought.

Lol I have no axe to grind, to make a comment like that holds absolutely no water. You play week by week, otherwise you lose focus. Focusing on a different game instead of the now is often considered a "trap game" for a reason. They didn't do all their hard work in the offseason to beat one team, there is no way to spin that as having merit. He is a moron.

edit- also if you don't get it, the main reason he ran his mouth wasn't because the pats were his "top opponent" for his team, it was selfish reasoning.

Top Bottom