• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

Dragon

Banned
has anyone listened to the new Weezer album?
I dont want to hear "they sucked after blue and pinkerton" I have followed along with them for many years since then and still like their music (sometimes)

Just compare a song like Hash Pipe or Beverly Hills to Say It Ain't So and tell me they haven't sucked for a long time...

Striker

Even better. I love them huge round flabby cottage cheese cheeks
4czqvfL.gif

Godslay

Banned
hunter put down the cigarette you hippie, the broncos aren't that great.

We've been consistently better than the Pats have been since the merger. At least we have that going for us.

I'm not going to throw out a Mount Rushmore. Simply because everyone has their idea of who belongs on it and the reasons why they do.

I will say in our defense that we have, all numbers since 1970:

4th most wins -> Only behind Steelers, Fins and Cowboys.

4th most winning seasons -> Tied with SF, only behind Steelers, Fins, Cowboys.

5th most playoff appearances tied with a couple teams.

7 Superbowl Appearances tied for 2nd with NE, only behind Cowboys/Steelers with 8.
(Yes we lost 5 smartass).

4th Longest Sellout Streak -> Only behind Packers, Steelers, Skins.

13 Division Titles -> Most in division.

Suited up and started Tim Tebow. No other team gave him that chance.

The list goes on and on.

Let's be real here though, most people just put it on Superbowls. Which being that is the ultimate goal, is understandable. If you take the composite into consideration, you could put the Broncos in the top 5. If you just base it on Superbowls, they are probably top 10. I guess I don't really care much, as they are a successful franchise. As long as they consistently keep that up, I'll be happy.

It does, but I dont think it was a dude that posts often. I think it was one of godplays flock who post like 3 times a week and he accepts and defends because they root for the broncos. Wondering if he has made a post this season. Guess i might have to take a little search

Yeah, I do remember someone saying that. Not sure who. Some were saying that on the radio, so I can see where it came from. Even with that said, I took the stance of let's just make the playoffs first.

As far as new guys, you know my stance. A couple did rubbed me the wrong way around Superbowl, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I didn't like the brashness and cockiness, and backfired on those folks. The only season I've ever been down right confident the Broncos would get the job done was 98. Even then I thought Minnesota would be a tough team to beat. As a Broncos fan, it's hard to be confident in the Superbowl, and should always be humble. It's a lesson learned from all the losses in the Superbowl.

Bread

Banned
We've been consistently better than the Pats have been since the merger. At least we have that going for us.
Cool, no one was talking about the Pats but good to know.

I'll take our 3 superb owls, you take your long list of consolation prizes.

Even better. I love them huge round flabby cottage cheese cheeks
image.php

this is how i'll imagine you for now on

Godslay

Banned
Rivers will end up MVP IMO

I think they actually edge out Denver in that division.

Very well could happen considering how well they started off.

Problem right now with San Diego is that the injuries are piling up. They are winning with the next man up, so it will be impressive if it holds.

I only heard back to the shack. Fucking terrible even by Weezer low standards

I listened to the whole thing at work on rdio yesterday. Didn't really care much for it. Wasn't bad, just couldn't really get into it I guess.

Cool, no one was talking about the Pats but good to know.

I'll take our 3 superb owls, you take your long list of consolation prizes.

You said Broncos aren't that great, so if we are better then you what does that make the Pats?

We've already had the conversation about those 3 Superbowls. Their legitimacy is questionable.

Pretty much every losing SB participant in the 90s when teams were beating the tar out of the opposition were forgettable. For a while there as a kid it seemed like every game was a blowout up until that GB/Denver game.

Bread

Banned
You said Broncos aren't that great, so if we are better then you what does that make the Pats?

We've already had the conversation about those 3 Superbowls. Their legitimacy is questionable.
In comparison to the legendary NFL franchises they aren't that great, not sure why you brought up the Pats.

cajunator

Banned
Just compare a song like Hash Pipe or Beverly Hills to Say It Ain't So and tell me they haven't sucked for a long time...

Beverly hills is shit.
I like quite a few recent songs by them though. Weezer has always been geeky power chord pop rock so its not like their music has to be all that significant. They are just fun to listen to occasionally.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
What type of person with a decent football IQ would let Suh or Megatron go to keep Stafford.

I've liked Caldwell but this has been puzzling. He had no business being in the Jets game, and didn't need to be out there against the Bills. The Vikings are trash, he could sit that game too. That's three weeks...and then you see if he can play against the Saints. I'd prefer to just sit him against the Saints and Falcons, then the next week is the bye. That would be 6 weeks...

PD you're my LionsGAF brethren always and I'd rather we focus our energy to wiping those smug smiles off of Packers fans or kicking the shit out of Cutler but you answered your own question.

Why are we paying $20 Million a year to a soon to be 30 year old receiver who's body is not built to sustain long term, and for the last two years does not practice because something is wrong, whether it be knee or ankle? I love Megatron, and I'll always love him. He is a Lions for life and should be retired as a Detroit Lion and inducted into the Hall of Fame as a Lion but we have to cut our ties. He can either restructure his contract or do the right thing and trade him to an AFC contender so he can see the glory in wins he deserves. He just happened to be drafted by the worst GM in NFL history and those years were wasted. It's depressing but it is what it is.

We have our whole offense tied to whether or not Megatron is playing and I know thats bullshit. Look at how Golden Tate has produced the last two weeks with Megatron as a "decoy". Tate is on pace to break his own personal records and his first back to back 100 yards is because Stafford is the one throwing him the ball.

Stafford is a franchise QB and for some reason gets shit on by his own fanbase on top of a media already piling on top of him. I've watched Stafford play, I wouldn't spend hours here and IRL defending the guys play if he was garbage. Stafford is a franchise QB you build your team around and that is the most important piece to any football team. Where he leads our franchise is to be seen, but he is a QB that has a skillset that the Football Gods gave him.

Look at Staffords' supposed atrocious game against the Bills where he got sacked 6 times? Still got us in position to win and the INT as usual came off of a tipped pass.

We're going to ride or die with this cocky sonofabitch and I can't wait to see where that leads us.

Untitled-new.gif

DealwithitStafford.gif

Defend the Den 2014.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Matthew Stafford is a national treasure and a hell of a football player.

Agreed, and a franchise Quarterback. You do not trade away or even give idea to the thought of drafting a replacement.

Trade/restructure Megatron and sign Suh long term. If Suh walks let him walk, I'm still not comfortable with the idea of paying $20 Million to a 6'6, 240 lb WR as he's about to hit 30 with numerous injury issues due to the toll of the game and his overall size. We'll have plenty of cap room to work with one way or another.

Godslay

Banned
One of those moments where the rumors were true, Prater was in rehab:

Prater addressed his addiction during his suspension by spending four weeks in a Florida rehabilitation center.

"It's one of those things where it comes down to me," Prater said. "Whether you go through rehab or (Alcoholic Anonymous) meetings, it's up to me to not put myself in bad situations. I did go to a center to try and help myself. I think it was the best thing for me."

Read the rest here:
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26686822/matt-prater-thankful-fresh-start-detroit-lions

Signed for the vet min. which is a steal if he's sober. Good luck Matt!

Rorschach

Remember what happened to Shaun Alexander's career after they got rid of Steve Hutchinson? That's what's gonna happen to Stafford the year they get rid of Megatron.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Remember what happened to Shaun Alexander's career after they got rid of Steve Hutchinson? That's what's gonna happen to Stafford the year they get rid of Megatron.

Not sure if you're serious or not but that's BS. Stafford has had Megatron as his #1 reciever his whole career yes, but Megatrons record numbers came with Stafford. Stafford is elite and Megatron is elite. Just as Brady and Moss were elite and Peyton and Marvin Harrison were elite.

I don't know why Stafford gets lumped into the "chucks it up to the elite receiver category". Look at his 2011 season he distributed the ball to everyone and Megatron still put up record numbers.

While we're at it look at Golden Tates' numbers the past two weeks without Megatron playing (he was on the field but he was not playing). Golden Tate is a fucking stud and the fact we got him on a 5 year $30 Mil contract further reinforces the fact we have think hard as to what we do with Megatron this offseason.

kas sure is drunker than usual lately.

His team's finally starting to live down "being so bad Barry Sanders wouldn't stick around with", and now there's a non-zero possibility they lose Suh and Megatron in the same year. Can't blame him for getting super-drunk

Not sure if you're serious or not but that's BS. Stafford has had Megatron as his #1 reciever his whole career yes, but Megatrons record numbers came with Stafford. Stafford is elite and Megatron is elite. Just as Brady and Moss were elite and Peyton and Marvin Harrison were elite.

I don't know why Stafford gets lumped into the "chucks it up to the elite receiver category". Look at his 2011 season he distributed the ball to everyone and Megatron still put up record numbers.

While we're at it look at Golden Tates' numbers the past two weeks without Megatron playing (he was on the field but he was not playing).
facepalm.gif

Top Bottom