• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

GazZ0X8.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Had a lot of time to think about the game, the various emotions that come with such a frustrating loss and the hyperbole from Lions and most NFL fans.

First things first, above all, we had three field goal opportunities to win the game. Period, end of story. Stafford had a mediocre game (at best) but he still got us down the field and put us in a position to win and our kicker did not do his job.

Megatron getting hurt is no surprise and Golden Tate is a fucking stud. I said it all week before the game, let Megatron rest and now we're faced with an injury which IMO will linger with Megatron the rest of the season. It only reinforces my belief that we trade him at the end of the season because his body has taken its beating and at that size and weight it won't last long. I'm loving the play by Golden Tate and the leadership he's taken. The guy has been playing like a legit #1 receiver out their.

Something was up with Stafford. The Bills have a great defensive line and either his hand is still bothering him or the Bills d-line had him shook (about 5 sacks IIRC?). Case in point:

ebron_open.0.gif

"Stafford seems to be staring down Eric Ebron over the middle of the field. Ebron is open. Wide open, in fact. Stafford feels the pressure, but he keeps his body facing downfield and still has time to throw the ball. For whatever reason, however, he fails to trust his read and eats the sack."

9/10 Stafford slings that ball right where it belongs. He was probably thinking either the free safety could've made an INT (which is possible) or the pressure just got to him. Either way the pressure has been getting to Staff and combined with the lack of running game it's obviously hurt our passing game.

I was really looking forward to a 4-1 Lions team starting to separate ourselves from the rest of the NFC but we put ourselves back into the NFCN and Wildcard race which is going to be tight.

The key playing against the Vikings, and without Megatron going forward will be Eric Ebron. I expect our defense to play a solid game as they have all year. I know Golden Tate is going to show up to play but who is going to be that #2 guy on offense? It has to be Ebron or a running back showing up finally.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Golden pls come home ;_;

I loved him calling out Schwartz. I can't believe I defended Schwartz for a few years. He asked his players to carry him off the field like they won the Superbowl.

That was just salt on the wound of a draining loss.

The Bills are supposed to be one of our cousins that have had a painful history, along with the Browns and Bengals. I usually root for the Bills to do good but I can't bring myself to do that if that means Schwartz has success.

Kas, I support your fight to reduce the hyperbole coming from Lions fans.

I understand the frustration but it gets ridiculous sometimes.

DMczaf

I loved him calling out Schwartz. I can't believe I defended Schwartz for a few years. He asked his players to carry him off the field like they won the Superbowl.

....wait, I didn't hear about this. It was his idea?

Jesus christ. How is this egomaniac still in the league?

I still love you Kas.

Also, Schwartz is a ducking classless toolbag. Wanting to be carried off the field as the fucking defensive coordinator that won because of 3 missed field goals is fucking embarrassing.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
....wait, I didn't hear about this. It was his idea?

Jesus christ. How is this egomaniac still in the league?

Bills carry Jim Schwartz off field, per his wish

Randell Johnson, one of the players who gave Schwartz the celebratory lift, said they just were doing what Schwartz asked back in Organized Team Activities this spring.

"He said that once he plays his former team that he wanted to be carried off and chant and have fun, and we just tried to make a dream come true," Johnson said.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2014/10/05/jim-schwartz-carried-off-field/16777435/

One of many sources. Sorry FMT for the whole Schwartz/Harbaugh Gate. You were right, Schwartz could not make eye contact because he's a pussy.

DMczaf

Schwartz's dream is not to win a Super Bowl as head coach, it's to be carried off the field as defensive coordinator after a Week 5 win against his former team...

Schwartz's dream is not to win a Super Bowl as head coach, it's to be carried off the field as defensive coordinator after a Week 5 win against his former team...

My dream is to get a seventh kip nugget when I order 6 of them. #SchwartzHisDreams

bionic77

Thats an admirable wish.

If genies existed I wouldn't say that someone was wrong for using their wish to pull this off.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I feel like this is the breaking point season for Kas.

If the Lions don't make the playoffs he might explode and fight someone.

Totally digging Driveclub. I've done the first rung of the tours and finished the first championship tournament but I absolutely love the handling. It's feels just arcadey enough to not completely put off someone like me who's turned off by sim racers in general.

The first race isn't much of a visual showcase but some of the stuff in Canada has been gorgeous. Trees swaying, leaves flying around, etc. So far so good! Too bad the servers have taken a big shit though.:(

slabrock

Banned
Totally digging Driveclub. I've done the first rung of the tours and finished the first championship tournament but I absolutely love the handling. It's feels just arcadey enough to not completely put off someone like me who's turned off by sim racers in general.

The first race isn't much of a visual showcase but some of the stuff in Canada has been gorgeous. Trees swaying, leaves flying around, etc. So far so good! Too bad the servers have taken a big shit though.:(

Still waiting for them to put the ps+ version out. Not too big into racing games but want to give it a shot

Top Bottom