• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

Bowser

How will the Bears blow the game this week? I bet I can guess...

tumblr_mik53izVL81ragdrho1_400.gif

Seems like Jay is emulating Dwight Schrute in your avi

Bowser

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/det/detroit-lions

John Clayton praising Tate for calling Schwartz out and praising Tate in general.

Also noticed we're 28th in the league in rushing. That needs to change, soon. Everything else though looks great (especially the defense).

Detroit 10th in the league in passing (259.6 ypg) with ELITE Stafford, Megatron, Tate, Ebron, and Bush

Carolina 12th in the league in passing (251.6 ypg) with Cam, Olsen, Starscream and a bunch of scrubs.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I feel like this is the breaking point season for Kas.

If the Lions don't make the playoffs he might explode and fight someone.

I've seen much worse but this particular loss hurt more than any of the others late last season. That being said I went in with very high expectations for the season, that I feel we should still meet. Anything less is going to hurt.

Detroit 10th in the league in passing (259.6 ypg) with ELITE Stafford, Megatron, Tate, Ebron, and Bush

Carolina 12th in the league in passing (251.6 ypg) with Cam, Olsen, Starscream and a bunch of scrubs.

Having a semblance of a running game tends to help. Stafford has more rushing touchdowns than any other running back on our team.

Overall the passing game obviously needs work but I'm still confident going forward. Hopefully Ebron gets more targets/involved in the offense.

Bowser

Having a semblance of a running game tends to help. Stafford has more rushing touchdowns than any other running back on our team.

Overall the passing game obviously needs work but I'm still confident going forward. Hopefully Ebron gets more targets/involved in the offense.

You're right, Detroit ranks 28th in rush ypg with only 83.6 ypg.

Oh shit wait a minute, Carolina ranks 30th with only 74.8 ypg!!

Detroit and Carolina are tied at 30th with 3.1 ypc.

Our leading rusher is DeAngelo Williams who has only played in 2.5 games.

We have one rushing TD, a one yard plunge by Chris Obgonnaya who was signed off the street last week.

EDIT: What Bowser said

nervously-drinking-water.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I fail to see the point you're trying to make, Bowser, by bringing up the Panthers passing attack to the Lions. The Lions passing attack is one of the best in the league when it's working on all cylinders. Getting that to be consistent has been our issue.

Through five games, Matthew Stafford has had a tumultuous season. At times, he's looked unstoppable. In the Detroit Lions' three wins, he has completed 68 percent of his passes for an average of 295 yards and a passer rating of 100.6. In his two losses, Stafford is only completing 57 percent of his passes for a passer rating of 74.4. It's pretty clear that the team rides or dies with him, so what went wrong on Sunday against the Buffalo Bills? In short, Stafford didn't trust himself.

We will get it consistent I'm hoping sooner rather than later. It'll be interesting to see how we plan without Megatron. Tate can ball, but who is going to be #2?

Tom Penny

You're right, Detroit ranks 28th in rush ypg with only 83.6 ypg.

Oh shit wait a minute, Carolina ranks 30th with only 74.8 ypg!!

Detroit and Carolina are tied at 30th with 3.1 ypc.

Our leading rusher is DeAngelo Williams who has only played in 2.5 games.

We have one rushing TD, a one yard plunge by Chris Obgonnaya who was signed off the street last week.

Scam ain't better than Stafford. Right now he's riding Benjamin's coattails.

ShaneB

Just finished watching episode 2 of 'Finding Giants'. Love it so far, just wish it was an hour long. I always love the behind the sidelines stuff, and it's delivering so far.

RBH

Age 32 is ancient for a running back, but Ronnie Brown is not done.

The 32-year-old Brown has signed with the Chargers today, a week after he was cut by the Texans in a move that looked like it could have been the last transaction of his career. Brown gained just four yards on six carries in three games before the Texans cut him.

An important aspect of the Chargers bringing Brown on board is that he already knows the offense. He played for the Chargers in 2012 and 2013 and had some good moments as a backup, including a 58-yard touchdown run that helped the Chargers beat the Bengals in the playoffs.

Brown, picked second overall by the Dolphins in 2005 NFL draft, has 1,267 carries for 5,332 yards and 38 touchdowns in his career.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/07/chargers-sign-ronnie-brown/

cashman

Banned
Shit Ronnie Brown is 32. I remember back when he was the second part of a RB duo with Cadillac Williams at Auburn.

Bowser

I fail to see the point you're trying to make, Bowser, by bringing up the Panthers passing attack to the Lions. The Lions passing attack is one of the best in the league when it's working on all cylinders. Getting that to be consistent has been our issue.

You said it yourself. The Lions are often seen as one of the best offenses in the league, largely because of Stafford and the weapons he's surrounded by. Yet time and again, it's always an issue of the Lions needing to be "consistent." How many years of inconsistency do you need to see before you realize that the inconsistency is the rule, not the exception?

Shit Ronnie Brown is 32. I remember back when he was the second part of a RB duo with Cadillac Williams at Auburn.

2004 Auburn with Jason Campbell, Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown was an awesome offense. Crazy to think back that an undefeated SEC team was left out of the BCS title game. Would never happen in this day and age.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If someone said that Cam and Stafford are equally as good, I wouldn't find that statement to be particularly out of line.

Striker

At one point Brandon Jacobs was behind those two and that's when he transferred to Southern Illinois.

EDIT: BigAT, damn you!

eznark

Banned
Best part of the Schwartz .gif is the Lions player high fiving him.

Even the Lions players know they are a fucking joke.

MRSA

Banned
I just watched The Equalizer. Everyone on screen died. Highly recommended. Manliest movie of the year.

Top Bottom