• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 6 |OT| The League of Frauds

Bread

Banned
I read a lot about the story this summer, supposedly the real details would surprise you. Golden Tate slept with Russell Wilson's wife.

hahadix.png

Fantomex

The part that gets me angry is that we don't ever intimidate other baseball players, they should've put some inside throws at carpenter they should've thrown at Adams they should've thrown everybody and their mama but we got too much class or something. First thing they did was hit Puig to set up the series. Intimidation is a hell of a drug.

Fantomex

I don't know why you're so upset. The Dodgers did win something this year. They spent the most money in the league.

I knew we didn't have the bullpen to win, im just mad we didn't bean some of them punks.

Also this Flash show is ok, but it's on the CW. So I can't expect too much.

Godslay

Banned
why do you know the pony names

I know the Pony names because I've spent more money on Pony stuff then I would like to admit. I could probably name all of them. Not to mention dropping cash on Equestria girls. Wouldn't change a thing, come at me!

I have two daughters that are/were Pony lovers. Spent plenty of time in the toy aisle, you learn whether you want to or not.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Slayer is weak, and that CD is overrated!

Slayer suck.

I'm not sure anything more ignorant has been posted in NFL GAF threads. And that's saying something.

Saw Slayer when they played all of Reign in Blood, before Metallica did Master of Puppets live and Megadeth did Rust in Piece live. Was awesome, one of the best live bands I've seen, probably seen them 6 or so times.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You said it yourself. The Lions are often seen as one of the best offenses in the league, largely because of Stafford and the weapons he's surrounded by. Yet time and again, it's always an issue of the Lions needing to be "consistent." How many years of inconsistency do you need to see before you realize that the inconsistency is the rule, not the exception?

There are a variety of circumstances but it takes time for offenses to come together, and sometimes they don't for a variety of reasons whether it be injuries or coaching.

See Phillip Rivers and the season he's having. There have been plenty of times in the past the media and fans wanted Rivers gone but his talent was always evident. It's the same with Stafford. I know he has all the ability to be great and Lions fans need to get used to him as our QB.

Prater signs a one year deal with the Lions. No details yet.

Thank the football Gods. We got a ProBowl kicker after some of the worst in NFL history:

The Lions are the first team since the 1999 Chicago Bears to record eight missed field goals in their first five games.

They are just 1-of-9 kicking field goals from beyond 40 yards.

Those statistics have cost two kickers their jobs so far and the Lions are looking for their third kicker already this year.

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/li...-the-bad/250e0dc2-2147-459b-a510-9223dbd5abab

Just keep Prater away from the booze and we have our successor to Jason Hanson. Thank you Broncos.

And ironically enough Prater was first signed by the Lions in 2006 to give the great Jason Hanson some competition.

This signing of Prater has me much more confident going against the Vikings. We're going to need those field goals this week.

ShaneB

I'm not sure anything more ignorant has been posted in NFL GAF threads. And that's saying something.

Saw Slayer when they played all of Reign in Blood, before Metallica did Master of Puppets live and Megadeth did Rust in Piece live. Was awesome, one of the best live bands I've seen, probably seen them 6 or so times.

Hey, I love metal and have for 20 years, I was just never a fan of Slayer.

Godslay

Banned
Thank the football Gods. We got a ProBowl kicker after some of the worst in NFL history:

Just keep Prater away from the booze and we have our successor to Jason Hanson. Thank you Broncos.

And ironically enough Prater was first signed by the Lions in 2006 to give the great Jason Hanson some competition.

This signing of Prater has me much more confident going against the Vikings. We're going to need those field goals this week.

Fair warning, he looked pretty rough in the preseason prior to suspension. I hope for him and for you that he's got it together since then. I'd personally wait to see him before putting an expectations on him.

Anyways goodluck Prater, guy gave us plenty of clutch kicks that Tebow year.

Fantomex

I'm assuming you meant pitch inside or hit, bean usually is more closely associated with hitting someone in the head which is pretty fucked.

It's a decent show and with some good characters.

Yeah I mean hitting them on the shoulder or arm.

Greg

I'd prefer Chris Illusion over their older stuff, but in general I've never been a fan

they had their moment, but so many bands do so much more these days

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Fair warning, he looked pretty rough in the preseason prior to suspension. I hope for him and for you that he's got it together since then. I'd personally wait to see him before putting an expectations on him.

Anyways goodluck Prater, guy gave us plenty of clutch kicks that Tebow year.

At least he has clutch kicks under his belt and has been in the spotlight before. Matt Prater will be given a longer leash in terms of how he does on the field and a shorter one because of his MRSAesque boozing habit. I feel much more comfortable with him than I have with any kickers we've had on the field or on the practice squad since Hanson retired.

Gotta give him a roster first.

One of the main reasons Ken Whisenhunt was not hired in Detroit is because he wanted to much power on how to control the roster as he did in Arizona.

That's his roster and without a QB in the AFC South he won't do it in the next two years.

Top Bottom