• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

Burt

I feel like shit after that game. Both the Niners and Cards were there for the taking. Turnovers and Foles's tentativeness cost us the game. The Eagles are 5-2 and won't keep up with the Cowboys. The Eagles should have won this game.
Well, we've also won a bunch that we flat out didn't deserve. And you neglected to mention our atrocious secondary that let up two massive touchdowns that marred an otherwise fantastic performance. I didn't see much of Foles being tentative, though. He didn't have a pocket to stand in all day but still didn't give up a sack. Also, that terrible interception that was meant for Cooper was a big miscommunication. Cooper was waving his arms before the play because he didn't know what route to run, Foles threw a comeback and Cooper ran a post.

I'm not absolving Foles of everything (or anything, for that matter) but the issues with the team go far beyond him.

No idea why we had 60 passes and 25 runs when we were averaging four yards a carry on the ground without even breaking out anything huge. We weren't in panic mode that much of the game. We run 4 rushing plays that get five yards a piece to get us to the goal line then line up in shotgun when we get down there. What? Terrible spot, too. His elbow was over the goal line, even if the ball wasn't. Should've been a first down with inches to go.

BigAT

Watt telling people they should focus on football when he is apparently spending his week reading the Instagram accounts of the other team?

Farooq

Banned
Boys are gonna run out of steam. Foles is a QB of the present and future. Be thankful.

How are the Cowboys going to run out of steam? Their offense is sustainable, and because their offense is sustainable (and good) it will keep their defense from playing too many snaps. It is no coincidence that Dallas' defense has played the fewest snaps in the league.

Bread

Banned
"This isn't high school... it's a middle school dance."
yE3Mjg.gif

"grow up mettenberger"

Syrinx

How are the Cowboys going to run out of steam? Their offense is sustainable, and because their offense is sustainable (and good) it will keep their defense from playing too many snaps. It is no coincidence that Dallas' defense has played the fewest snaps in the league.

Do you have anybody in the backfield that could pick up some slack if Murray starts to fade a bit?

But yeah, that o-line, Romo, and those weapons are a rock-solid combination.

Like 75% of his best plays of the game were when he had like 5+ seconds in the backfield....

Our ability to push the ball down the field was the biggest difference from past weeks.

Ben has had no problem moving the ball between the 20's any week. Our problem has been in the redzone. Today Ben got the ball out quickly in the redzone and had a career game. You're arguing just for shit's sake.

Burt

I did hear a stat on the radio the other day that last year the Cowboys defense averaged a touchdown against them every 8 plays or something like that, and it's the exact same thing this year, but with their time of possession the defense is on the field an average of 8 plays less. They have like 4 wins by less than a touchdown, or something like that.

In other words, once a run defense manages to stop Murray and the game gets placed back in the hands of the holy Romo, they're finished.

JABEE

Well, we've also won a bunch that we flat out didn't deserve. And you neglected to mention our atrocious secondary that let up two massive touchdowns that marred an otherwise fantastic performance. I didn't see much of Foles being tentative, though. He didn't have a pocket to stand in all day but still didn't give up a sack. Also, that terrible interception that was meant for Cooper was a big miscommunication. Cooper was waving his arms before the play because he didn't know what route to run, Foles threw a comeback and Cooper ran a post.

I'm not absolving Foles of everything (or anything, for that matter) but the issues with the team go far beyond him.

No idea why we had 60 passes and 25 runs when we were averaging four yards a carry on the ground without even breaking out anything huge. We weren't in panic mode that much of the game. We run 4 rushing plays that get five yards a piece to get us to the goal line then line up in shotgun when we get down there. What? Terrible spot, too. His elbow was over the goal line, even if the ball wasn't. Should've been a first down with inches to go.
That a Cromartie INT in the first half was exactly this. Foles had plenty of time and held onto the ball way too long. He should take the sack with first down at the 20, not just heave the ball into coverage. There was some pressure, but Huff was open if he doesn't wait so long to make his throw.

Matthews was also open on the last play. He waited too damn long to make that throw. He left Matthews with little room. He also threw it wide. There was no way for Matthews to make that catch without leaping.

Tonight we are Saints fans
Indeed. We're going to need all the help we can get. I just don't think we can beat GB on the road to end the season.

Chicago is done, not worried about them.

I tend to be negative about the Lions and lord knows I don't think we're particularly good...but man I gotta think Megatron, Ebron, Bush, and Fauria coming back will greatly improve things. We scored 22 points without a running game and no NFL TEs today, on the road.

Godslay

Banned
seeing Watt on video he did look a bit like a douche. Whatever. Still awesome, but needs the humbleness like Luck and Russ

I don't think so. He's more of Saint then Russ or Luck are. Guy is a good human being. I don't care if he talks down to a rookie QB about the game, doesn't change the fact that he's he a good guy off the field.

RELAYER

Banned
Indeed. We're going to need all the help we can get. I just don't think we can beat GB on the road to end the season.

Chicago is done, not worried about them.

I tend to be negative about the Lions and lord knows I don't think we're particularly good...but man I gotta think Megatron, Ebron, Bush, and Fauria coming back will greatly improve things. We scored 22 points without a running game and no NFL TEs today, on the road.

Against Atlanta's trash ass defense, who are ranked like 31 or possibly even dead last, I forget.

Top Bottom