• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

RELAYER

Banned
Man it's a pleasure to watch a team like Green Bay after being used to watching the trash ass Falcons week in and week out. That play was beautiful.

I expect games like this from Ben from now on.

Obviously, not 500 yard 6 touchdown games, but consistent measured games where he gets the ball out quickly and makes quick decisions for 60 minutes. I've said this before, but I think when Ben is on he's easily a top 5 QB in this league, and we NEEDED that from him to beat the Colts today.

Awesome game. Well, not really, my heart skipped a few beats today. Very few low points, so I won't even bother with that. Next stop the Rats.
Seriously. Ben will need to put up 30+ every week for this team to have a chance. To be fair the D put up points and kept the pressure on. Gotta hand it to Luck. Dude was getting smashed all day and still put up 34 points. No quit in him.

In SNF news: Dagger. Arod powered by his Munn honey for that TD.

JABEE

It was (a little) late because he didn't have a pocket and was forced to backpedal the entire play. If he had two seconds of pocket it could've been different. Matthews caught it square in his chest, and didn't have to jump that far to get it. Even if he did have to jump, if he had made a hands catch he definitely could've reached it while extended the right way with his feet in bounds instead of sailing out. He was maybe a foot out of bounds with the long jump he pulled to get hit in the chest.

Whatever, though. The game was lost on much more than that.
The Eagles gave away 10-14 points in the first half on turnovers. That's what lost them the game. The Huff fumble and the Foles interception.

jak and fuckin coke
me earlier said:
SNF spoiler alert:
rSx2RGi.jpg

Burt

The Eagles gave away 10-14 points in the first half on turnovers. That's what lost them the game. The Huff fumble and the Foles interception.
Yup, and 14 free points via the Williams/Fletcher lottery. Although, I'm willing to defend Fletcher as a serviceable number 2 corner. The problem is that instead of a legitimate number 1 corner on the other side we have someone that'd get outplayed by a scarecrow. I don't think I've heard Williams's name in a positive context all year. Not once.

MechDX

How about the day the 2012 Clemson Tiger WR corps had today...Nuk, Sammy & Martavis combined for 13 receptions, 335 yards & 3 TDs. Damn.

John Harris Twitter

LJ11

Stills does one thing, and one thing only, still not sure how teams allow him to do that one thing. No moves to get off the line.

Burt

How about the day the 2012 Clemson Tiger WR corps had today...Nuk, Sammy & Martavis combined for 13 receptions, 335 yards & 3 TDs. Damn.

John Harris Twitter
That was a fun year to be there. Fun fact: my roommate sold the soccer player the weed that got Sammy Watkins suspended.

Draconian

Great drive from the defense there.

Heaven forbid we have more than one game where the offense and defense plays well at the same time.

Top Bottom