• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

KzjQlg.gif

At least when Tulloch did it they was ahead and eventually they one. Wow at it being the same celebration though

Narag

Watt should have gone full heel, whipped out his phone, took a real selfie with Mettenberger behind him, posted it online immediately, then turned around and threw the phone at his prey.

cdyhybrid

Danny 710ESPNSeattle ‏@DDMon710 3m
The Professor, @ClaytonESPN, says he doesn't see the #Seahawks trading for WR Vincent Jackson. A TE, maybe, but not Jackson.

Danny 710ESPNSeattle ‏@DDMon710 2m
But, @ClaytonESPN also said he doesn't see any deals being done for Seattle.

Well if it's about winning I don't see how anyone can go against Montana/Brady. If you're in the stats camp I don't see how you go against Marion/Manning.

It's #1/#2 depending on which camp you're in.

In away it's beautiful

Seriously though both their ACLs must of been barely hanging on

Colasante

Danny 710ESPNSeattle ‏@DDMon710 3m
The Professor, @ClaytonESPN, says he doesn't see the #Seahawks trading for WR Vincent Jackson. A TE, maybe, but not Jackson.

Danny 710ESPNSeattle ‏@DDMon710 2m
But, @ClaytonESPN also said he doesn't see any deals being done for Seattle.

I'm not aware of their cap situation, but the Chiefs make the most sense to me as a trade partner for Vincent Jackson. They desperately need another receiver because Dwayne Bowe isn't close to a #1 wideout. I don't see the Patriots or Seahawks taking on that salary unless the compensation is low.

Syrinx

I'm not aware of their cap situation, but the Chiefs make the most sense to me as a trade partner for Vincent Jackson. They desperately need another receiver because Dwayne Bowe isn't close to a #1 wideout. I don't see the Patriots or Seahawks taking on that salary unless the compensation is low.

My brother raised that possibility earlier today.

I thought Cincinnati might have bit if their offense continued to struggle after their embarrassing performance in Indy, but now I can't say I see it.

Tom Penny

Jackson doesn't fit KC's passing scheme whatsoever and the Pats aren't paying 10 Million for a player that only does one thing on offense.

Fox318

Shame is about Idzik you can kinda see what he was going for.

If his plan had worked the jets would have finished the year anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7. Use the cap room holdover to resign key talent and bring in cost efficient free agents and use draft picks to build the team.

Except only 1 of his draft picks has shown true potential and the rest are on ir.

Out of 12 picks in this years draft only 2 dressed for the game on Sunday.

Problem was you need to see improvement year over year to survive in the league. he didn't plan for the things you can't plan for. His 2 drafted CB's were injured going into training camp, 0 of his WR prospects panned out, his top WR (highest cut draft pick from last years draft) suffered seizures and is out of the league after dropping a kickoff, and his QB prospect he put everything behind wasn't built mentally for the position.

None of this looks good when you are trying to hold onto cap space like its gold(which it is in this league). Next GM is going to love next year on the jets. They have talent on the line on both sides and they will have an insane amount of cap space once carryover, cut players, and dead weight money is added up.

All that needs to be said about the GM is he signed his coach to a 1 year deal. He was either trying to tank or he wanted to cover his ass with a very ideological conservative owner.

So the GM was only half in on his coach and only half in on his QB(easy contract to cut). He was hoping to ride the season out regardless of the outcome at the end of the season and build for the future like how other successful teams do.

Except with many of those teams the losses were never like this. In many of these games the lack of talent at 3 key skill groups in the NFL (QB, WR, RB). Orton was 10/17 for 238 yards, bills were held all day for 280 yards. They only rushed for 42 yards! You would take that against most teams in the NFL except then you look at the score. Which only happens because of the truly bad QB play.

Look at the patriot game. Nearly every category you would want to be ahead in the jets were ahead in. Except for points. How can that me on a coach and not a gm?

If every single game was like the charger games firing Rex would have been the easy story but the bottom line is the GM bet on the cheap bet with Geno expecting to either win big or lose so little that it wouldn't hurt him.

Spinluck

Lol. You're not getting it.

I wanted to see if I could get mild tempered spin all riled up and yes I can.

I just wanted to see Spin get riled up. It worked obviously.

But seriously fuck the Colts.

I'm not really riled up. As I still believe all things are possible through the one true Luck! Especially in this terrible division.

Tomorrow is a brand new day, and I will hit the reset button and we'll be back with our playful banter.

My team got shat on so I needed to vent some! I also felt like calling you out on your shit. I don't hold internet grudges though.

Crisco

Banned
Why am I reading Panthers reporters saying Benjamin dropped a "routine" touchdown pass? He was being covered by the best corner in the league who had a hand inbetween his arms. Yeah, he should have made the play, but it was not routine.

cdyhybrid

Why am I reading Panthers reporters saying Benjamin dropped a "routine" touchdown pass? He was being covered by the best corner in the league who had a hand inbetween his arms. Yeah, he should have made the play, but it was not routine.

I guess you didn't get the memo that Sherm was overrated and a terrible player because he only plays on one side of the field usually!

Spinluck

Shame is about Idzik you can kinda see what he was going for.

If his plan had worked the jets would have finished the year anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7. Use the cap room holdover to resign key talent and bring in cost efficient free agents and use draft picks to build the team.

Except only 1 of his draft picks has shown true potential and the rest are on ir.

Out of 12 picks in this years draft only 2 dressed for the game on Sunday.

Problem was you need to see improvement year over year to survive in the league. he didn't plan for the things you can't plan for. His 2 drafted CB's were injured going into training camp, 0 of his WR prospects panned out, his top WR (highest cut draft pick from last years draft) suffered seizures and is out of the league after dropping a kickoff, and his QB prospect he put everything behind wasn't built mentally for the position.

None of this looks good when you are trying to hold onto cap space like its gold(which it is in this league). Next GM is going to love next year on the jets. They have talent on the line on both sides and they will have an insane amount of cap space once carryover, cut players, and dead weight money is added up.

All that needs to be said about the GM is he signed his coach to a 1 year deal. He was either trying to tank or he wanted to cover his ass with a very ideological conservative owner.

So the GM was only half in on his coach and only half in on his QB(easy contract to cut). He was hoping to ride the season out regardless of the outcome at the end of the season and build for the future like how other successful teams do.

Except with many of those teams the losses were never like this. In many of these games the lack of talent at 3 key skill groups in the NFL (QB, WR, RB). Orton was 10/17 for 238 yards, bills were held all day for 280 yards. They only rushed for 42 yards! You would take that against most teams in the NFL except then you look at the score. Which only happens because of the truly bad QB play.

Look at the patriot game. Nearly every category you would want to be ahead in the jets were ahead in. Except for points. How can that me on a coach and not a gm?

If every single game was like the charger games firing Rex would have been the easy story but the bottom line is the GM bet on the cheap bet with Geno expecting to either win big or lose so little that it wouldn't hurt him.

Yeah, it's bullshit.

Rex has only had like 2 talented teams over there, and I think both of them were on defense for the most part.

Bread

Banned
Who's going to be the guy to pretend to pull a Tulloch and scare the shit out of the fans?

Id say Chandler Jones but I'm thinking that it will happen next week.

Fox318

Yeah, it's bullshit.

Rex has only had like 2 talented teams over there, and I think both of them were on defense for the most part.

That 09 team may have had one of the best offensive lines in the history of football.
( D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Alan Faneca, Nick Mangold, Brandon Moore, Damien Woody). They dominated the line.

Mark Sanchez went to an AFC championship game running a playbook most high school qbs could run.

Nick Fairley out for a month with MCL/PCL sprain. Really glad it wasn't something more serious.

I wonder if the Lions are going to end up trading for a DT. CJ Mosley was suspended for the London game and will be out for a couple weeks. Next guy up is a rookie from Princeton.

I'm about to post this on Facebook. Lmfao

Nick Fairley out for a month with MCL/PCL sprain. Really glad it wasn't something more serious.

I wonder if the Lions are going to end up trading for a DT. CJ Mosley was suspended for the London game and will be out for a couple weeks. Next guy up is a rookie from Princeton.
Thank God. Mosley is gonna be back after the bye which counts in this suspension.

Crisco

Banned

Panthers have this guy named Greg Hardy who can play DT that the Lions can have. He his 100% healthy and eligible to play, just needs to come back from a voluntary paid leave of absence.

Spinluck

That 09 team may have had one of the best offensive lines in the history of football.
( D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Alan Faneca, Nick Mangold, Brandon Moore, Damien Woody). They dominated the line.

Mark Sanchez went to an AFC championship game running a playbook most high school qbs could run.

Fuck lol, I completely forgot that you guys had an incredible line and a running game. Think that was around the time you guys made it to AFCC back to back.

Always seemed a QB away, even then Sanchize had a few good post season games.

Tom Penny

Who's going to be the guy to pretend to pull a Tulloch and scare the shit out of the fans?

Id say Chandler Jones but I'm thinking that it will happen next week.

Houston made a signature play though !!

Chicago Bears – Performances of Note

Lamarr Houston, DLE: -2.9

Breakdown: Houston’s overall grade was the worst of any Bears’ defender, as the defensive end converted 33 pass rushes into just one pressure, an unblocked sack in the fourth quarter.

Signature Play: With 3:24 left in the game, Houston sacked Patriots backup QB Jimmy Garoppolo, his first sack of the year.
He then pulled a Stephen Tulloch, appearing to injure his knee while celebrating the play, and left the field on a cart.

Fox318

Fuck lol, I completely forgot that you guys had an incredible line and a running game. Think that was around the time you guys made it to AFCC back to back.

Always seemed a QB away, even then Sanchize had a few good post season games.

If Sanchez was just a meddling QB the jets would have won at least 1 super bowl.

Except he was statistically the worst qb in the league for 4 years...

Syrinx

What was Lamarr Houston even doing? At least Tulloch was mocking the dance of the QB he just sacked. Why the hell would Houston do it?

brentech

What was Lamarr Houston even doing? At least Tulloch was mocking the dance of the QB he just sacked. Why the hell would Houston do it?

Has he said that's what the celebration was?

Thought it was just a jumping flex.
Looked like Houston did the same exact celebration. Feel like I see a lot of guys do it.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I don't know why you're worried. The Lions have the best young QB in the entire league. He has led more comebacks than any other team ever this season. Even if the defense doesn't play well, Matthew Stafford will carry this team on his back. I know quarterbacks and I've watched every single snap he's ever played (except on Sundays when I don't watch) and he's the best I've ever seen.

Why do you keep doubting his multiple chinseliteness NFL GAF? How many times is he going to have to prove all of you wrong before you accept that he's the GOAT?

oneHeero

Looking for the cowboys to have a strong showing but ill be Damned if the redskins don't play us harder than they've been playing. Any game against the nfce nfor cowboys is trouble.

I show hope to see th defense show us more this game with colt McCoy in there. I know there won't be much tape on him but man the cowboys need some sacks lol.

bionic77

I miss when "C'mon man" wasn't this huge sponsored production. Just each guy saying something about a dumb play.
Its amazing how uniformly horrible ESPN is at covering sports.

Who the fuck is in charge of their programming? How is it so horrible? It makes me yearn for the CBS crews.

You would think that sports would be the easiest thing to televise...

Fox318

Its amazing how uniformly horrible ESPN is at covering sports.

Who the fuck is in charge of their programming? How is it so horrible? It makes me yearn for the CBS crews.

You would think that sports would be the easiest thing to televise...

Why does it shock you?

They produce to the lowest common denominator and think that controversy drives views. Its why they always have segments on stupid trade ideas.

Top Bottom