• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

Bowser

WSJ on Seahawks' pass rush woes:

The numbers are staggering. Last season, the Seahawks sacked the quarterback 12 times in the fourth quarter. This season, they are on pace to do it twice. They have allowed 8 yards per passing attempt in the fourth quarter—up 40% from last season. Most astonishing is the difference in quarterback “hurries,” or rushed passing attempts, late in games: Last season, the Seahawks hurried the opposing quarterback 21 times in the fourth quarter. This season’s total: one.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/the-seattle-seahawks-big-problem-1413909012

Next on the docket: Byron Bell and Nate Chandler misleading people into thinking the Seahawks defense is back!

Skele7on

Banned
London Raiders

keep em.

Dear Shit NFL Teams,

London doesn't want you, but I fear our government will screw it up somehow.

If/When they do please take this note from people who actually enjoy living in London and watching NFL as a rejection letter.

You guys suck now, and will continue to suck if you move here.

You'd actually probably get worse....

Kind Regards,

Skele7on

You're not getting a good team!

I will settle for an average team.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It would be nuts if 3 teams moved in the same offseason. Seems like the Rams and Raiders are locks to move.

We're kind of overdue for a major shakeup so I suppose it makes sense everything would hit at once so if they're going to restructure division or whatever, they could do it in one go.

Tamanon

Banned
BTW, 5th round rookie Telvin Smith won AFC Defensive Player of the Week this week, and he wasn't even starting! Of course, he'll probably be starting now that Poz is out. Miss ya Poz!

Fox318

Fuck off nfl
1XdgFd5.png

Zeke

San Diego Chargers could be a possibility. Good team, but trouble selling tickets. The market there doesn't seem to love them.
Any team/teams moving to la is going to hurt them financially. Makes me wonder how much the Spanos are going to bitch/fight an la team. How do the chargers do in the la market?

Any team/teams moving to la is going to hurt them financially. Makes me wonder how much the Spanos are going to bitch/fight an la team. How do the chargers do in the la market?

I would think the Chargers would do great in LA. It isnt crazy far from SD, plus they have a good team with a star QB.

So after winning both my bets last week, I am going to bet on 2 more games this week. I am taking the Packers getting 1.5 against the Saints, and I am thinking of taking the Ravens getting 1 from the Bengals. I am just worried about trusting Flacco but he seems to be having a great season so far and the Bengals are so bad right now. What do you guys think?

Zeke

I would think the Chargers would do great in LA. It isnt crazy far from SD, plus they have a good team with a star QB.
Like I said I could see the rams going to la Stan has deep enough pockets and land. Still not buying the raiders. For conversations sake let's say rams and raiders move back. I read a piece by la confora the other day saying rams and raiders would share the building like the jets and giants. So now you have 3 teams in the same market. Having that many teams all in one market just seems like a horrible idea. I know la and southern California are huge but come on.

BTW, 5th round rookie Telvin Smith won AFC Defensive Player of the Week this week, and he wasn't even starting! Of course, he'll probably be starting now that Poz is out. Miss ya Poz!

LJ loved him and I hopped on board after watching some of his tape pre-draft. Once of the guys I had hoped the Giants would target. We just don't seem to give a fuck about linebackers. Kennard looks like he'll end up being a solid pick for us but if you have a tight end worth a shit, you'll style all over this defense right now (see Escobar/Ertz, etc.)

Bowser

Like I said..no pass rush. All that magic the secondary was getting from the front four has vanished.

Hawks are getting real close to being dubbed the NFC Fluker Bowl winners.

Pretty much the same with the Panthers except Seahawks secondary actually has talent while the Panthers secondary is just pieces off the scrap heap.

MechDX

The season should be a 19-week, 17-game schedule, with each team having 8 home games, 8 away games, 2 bye weeks and 1 neutral-site game. MMQB Twitter

I'd be ok with this.

Top Bottom