• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

"Austin can definitely play at this level," Brett Favre, the only Southern Miss quarterback other than Davis to start more than one NFL game, told ESPN's Ed Werder.

"Not to sound off my rocker, but [Davis] -- in my mind -- can be the next Tom Brady or Kurt Warner. [Brian] Hoyer as well.

The LA Rams led by MVP Austin Davis will be the Super Bowl Champs someday. You heard it here first from the Gunslinger himself!

Bread

Banned
The NFL season should be 20 weeks, 15 games, 7 games at home, 8 away, 1 week spent in a neutral location, 1 week in asia for team building, 1 week at home for christmas, and 2 weeks spent in domestic abuse awareness class.

cdyhybrid

Like I said..no pass rush. All that magic the secondary was getting from the front four has vanished.

Hawks are getting real close to being dubbed the NFC Fluker Bowl winners.

What about the season before that when we didn't have Avril and Bennett but the secondary got a bunch of postseason awards anyway?

MechDX

Interesting scenario. MMQB article states the neutral game could be played over seas or in cities/states without NFL teams.

Houston playing in El Paso, Seattle in Boise, Dallas having am extra home game in North Dallas aka Oklahoma.

Saints and Texans playing a game in Missippi

The season should be a 19-week, 17-game schedule, with each team having 8 home games, 8 away games, 2 bye weeks and 1 neutral-site game. MMQB Twitter

I'd be ok with this.

Why the neutral site game? For london? Fuck that, they should give teams the 2nd bye week before their thursday night game, then maybe they wouldn't be shit

The NFL season should be 20 weeks, 15 games, 7 games at home, 8 away, 1 week spent in a neutral location, 1 week in asia for team building, 1 week at home for christmas, and 2 weeks spent in domestic abuse awareness class.

:lol

Picked up a used copy of Trials Fusion for PS4 last night for $10. Had the unused season pass inside. Cherry on top of an already fantastic week. Midterms are all but aced and I'll be getting laced off an eighth I got from a coworker. Life is strangely alright at the moment.

Remember that 1993 season where the season was 18 week with everyone having two byes. Also I remember us playing the Cardinals twice despite not being in our division.

That is a great idea new guy. Welcome to fins age, Darkest, chris, and I are the only members sadly.

My old BFF Chris, who I haven't seen in a while, would like a Texans - Dolphins game in LA :(

tumblr_n0tany1Dal1rzik3go1_500.gif

Bye weeks are week 4-12 right now and they have to squeeze double the amount into 1 extra week in the season. I see a total mess and unbalance.

Then move it to start week 4 through 16, and extend the season another week.

Bowser

Je-sus Christ at those UNC allegations.

Bowser go get your school bro

Embarrassing for sure, but I think moreso on the University than on the athletic department.

3,100 students over 18 years, 47.6% athletes, athlete breakdown: 50.9% were football players, 12.2% mens hoops, 6.1% women's hoops and 30.6% were Olympic/other sports

If I'm being 100% honest...

it could have been much worse.

Wainstein: McCants never agreed to talk to Wainstein or respond to requests. Two attempts were made.

The report, conducted over eight months and including 126 interviews, was led by Kenneth Wainstein, a former federal prosecutor and FBI counsel who now works for a prestigious Washington D.C. law firm. It does not find involvement at the highest levels of the school administration, but it does fault the school for missing a number of red flags.

Wainstein said investigators found a number of academic advisers saw these classes as "GPA boosters."

"Coaches knew there were easy classes," Wainstein said, but said there was no evidence that coaches or administrators, other than those in APSPA, knew Crowder was grading the course rather than a professor.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...vestigation-says-advisers-pushed-sham-classes

Anything can be done. It doesn't mean it makes sense to do it. You could have 4 bye weeks if you wanted. It doesn't mean it's smart for the product or business.
TNF games suffer from lack of preparation on short weeks, which could be solved with a preceding bye week. Also, an 18 week regular season would give the NFL and networks an extra week of primetime ad revenue for free.

It makes perfect sense to me!

Keep moving those goalposts. You're better than this, I'm disappointed. I guess you're just imitating your team though!

Moving goalposts?! I said your pass rush sucked. You went back to a losing playoff season in which your secondary got meaningless accolades and i'm moving goalposts?

cdyhybrid

Moving goalposts?! I said your pass rush sucked. You went back to a losing playoff season in which your secondary got meaningless accolades and i'm moving goalposts?

You: The secondary is obviously a fraud because they don't have their pass rush anymore.

Me: But they won a bunch of awards the year before we signed Bennett and Avril.

You: But they didn't win the Super Bowl!

DK pls

Unless you're under the impression that the team that wins the Super Bowl has the best of every position for that season.

You: The secondary is obviously a fraud because they don't have their pass rush anymore.

Me: But they won a bunch of awards the year before we signed Bennett and Avril.

You: But they didn't win the Super Bowl!

DK pls

Unless you're under the impression that the team that wins the Super Bowl has the best of every position for that season.

Uh, I never said your secondary were frauds. I said your TEAM were frauds! Typical NFC one hit wonders.

Crisco

Banned
Embarrassing for sure, but I think moreso on the University than on the athletic department.

3,100 students over 18 years, 47.6% athletes, athlete breakdown: 50.9% were football players, 12.2% mens hoops, 6.1% women's hoops and 30.6% were Olympic/other sports

If I'm being 100% honest...

it could have been much worse.

Wainstein: McCants never agreed to talk to Wainstein or respond to requests. Two attempts were made.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...vestigation-says-advisers-pushed-sham-classes

So, the dictionary definition of LOIC. Burn it all down.

In all seriousness, they will bring back the NCAA, but it looks like this is being setup for a charge of "failure to monitor", which is less severe than LOIC.

Bowser

So, the dictionary definition of LOIC. Burn it all down.

In the academic department, maybe. Not in athletics, which is what the NCAA rules on.

Deadspin summed it up well:

This investigation reveals stunning failures on the parts of the university as a whole, on down to the AFAM department and the two implicated administrators. But if anything, this report should spare the UNC athletics department from heavy blame; it was just taking advantage of the giant, effective shortcut sitting right there.

bionic77

Uh, I never said your secondary were frauds. I said your TEAM were frauds! Typical NFC one hit wonders.
What?

The Hawks were like the first non-fraud team to win since the 2008 Steelers (I am sure I am forgetting someone in between). Everyone else was garbage for most of the regular season and required a miracle just to get in. The Hawks were good all year long.

Their defense coming back to earth is pretty normal for SB champs. It happens to everyone. Hell it happened to us and our 2008 defense was beastly!

In other news, stay safe Canadians. Hopefully they caught all the bad guys in whatever the fuck is going on over there. A lot of weird shootings lately. A few weeks ago some nut job took out some state cops in PA and they never found him and think he is hiding in the woods or something since then.

Top Bottom