• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

cajunator

Banned
People tried to explain to me what gamergate is but I still cant really figure it out. I think its a collection of nerdrage topics or something and it involves makin death threats because gamers dont know how to communicate with a female.

cdyhybrid

People tried to explain to me what gamergate is but I still cant really figure it out. I think its a collection of nerdrage topics or something and it involves makin death threats because gamers dont know how to communicate with a female.

That's pretty much what it is.

That's pretty much my understanding of it too.

Syrinx

Cam is gonna be a really tricky situation for the Panthers. On one hand he's their franchise player and frankly the biggest draw that franchise has ever had. On the other hand he already has had ankle and rib issues this year and has still taken a ton of hits, partly because of a putrid O-line and partly due to his playstyle (as impressive as he was in Cincy, I don't know how him running as much as he did in that game could possibly be a good thing long term). So signing him long-term would be incredibly risky, but not doing it means saying bye-bye to the best, most marketable player.

cashman

Banned
Romo has been money on third down. Has a passer rating of 124.1. And it isn't just because they are improving the yards to go. Dude has a rating of 132.6 on 3rd and 10+.

He was only able to move the chains (on 3rd downs) 48 times last year. This year he has moved it 40 times already. I like to to think it is a combination of Linehan utilizing his role players and Dallas having a pretty good line. 22 of 40 third down conversion have gone to Dez and Witten, 18 have gone to other players. Pretty good.

I wonder if there is a team in the league that runs 13 personnel as much as the Cowboys do.

ShaneB

Avengers was just too bloated, who really gives a fuck about Hawkeye and Black Widow whining about a metaphorical ledger. Same with Cap 2, I love Evans but they wasted too much screentime on needless bullshit instead of focussing on the Winter Soldier.

It's why Guardians was so good, it was about as self-contained as a Marvel movie can get now so you didn't 40 mins of some dull character and sub-plot which serves no purpose other than setting up something that will happen in a movie 3 years down the line.

Plus Burt Macklin Space FBI is awesome.

All fair points. Avengers just felt far too bloated, and the problem with all these films lined up, it's not like it ever feels like there is any real threat to characters.

Random not, I kinda wish I had bought the XCOM expansion on sale. Random urge to dive back into that game. =(

All fair points. Avengers just felt far too bloated, and the problem with all these films lined up, it's not like it ever feels like there is any real threat to characters.

Random not, I kinda wish I had bought the XCOM expansion on sale. Random urge to dive back into that game. =(
XCOM is the best! Iron man for life, my friend. I never played the expansion either but I was always intrigued by it, just not enough time these days to replay a game like that.

Farooq

Banned
I wonder if there is a team in the league that runs 13 personnel as much as the Cowboys do.

I don't know, Sturm's article had them using it 11 times last game I think. All runs except the one PA pass to Escobar. I was thinking since they use 13 so much, they could possibly get rid of Clutts for maybe Ryan Williams. But then the second last series in Seattle demonstrated how useful Clutts can be.

I wanted to ask you, are you concerned at all with the amount of carries Murray is getting?

Fox318

Framo0H.png

Slo

Remember that 45 minute period when the whole NFL abuse scandal was the worst tragedy OT GAF had ever had to endure?

ShaneB

yup this is the major problem i have with super hero movies, there's no tension. it's just michael bay with good dialogue.

ehhhh, not sure I'd put them that low! At least most of the Marvel movies tend to feel like smart action movies over the mindless stuff that Bay could churn out.

XCOM is the best! Iron man for life, my friend. I never played the expansion either but I was always intrigued by it, just not enough time these days to replay a game like that.

Yeah, XCOM is great, played it a bunch. Ironman is the only way to play. I recently went back and watched a Beaglerush let's play of it, and just spiked my interest again with the Expansion + Long War Mod, but yeah, wonder how much I'd play it as well if I started it up again.

cajunator

Banned
This is just like Occupy Wallstreet, except instead of participants sitting in their own filth for weeks in NYC, they are going to sit in their own filth for decades in their parent's basements.

I collect figurines of anime girls, yet I still feel more socially adjusted than these people.

Very nice! I don't know if I'll ever power through to 30, the grind is really wearing on me. I'm curious to see whether or not the expansions will be worth playing.

Honestly you are probably better off, haha. Destiny is more addictive than it is good. Great core shooter mechanics but it's just overwrought with design decisions based on a business model.
As usual I'm interested in playing more but find that I lack the time. I'm almost to the end of Diablo 3: RoS though. I tend to play the PC more because when I do have time to play my kids are usually on the Xbone.

Top Bottom