• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Pack went from Favre to Rodgers
Colts went from Manning to Luck

Some teams have all the luck

I was going to say that we had a 20 year gap between Starr and Majik Man but Lynn Dickey apparently wasn't the worst quarterback ever. We had a few seasons with some Geno Smiths but they typically didn't last more than a season and a half. And then if you look before Starr we had some really good ones back in the old days as well.

Basically in its entire 93 year history, the Packers have never been the Browns.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Also, the Texans are as I thought - neutralize JJ Watt and that defense is clownshoes. I read on another board that before tonight (haha thanks Steelers) Mercilus went 340 snaps without a sack.

congratulations, you have come to the same conclusion texans fans have been saying for the last 2 years. You should be like on TV or something, man.

eznark

Banned
I was going to say that we had a 20 year gap between Starr and Majik Man but Lynn Dickey apparently wasn't the worst quarterback ever. We had a few seasons with some Geno Smiths but they typically didn't last more than a season and a half. And then if you look before Starr we had some really good ones back in the old days as well.

Basically in its entire 93 year history, the Packers have never been the Bears.

Fixed.

Browns had Otto Graham. Bears have never had anyone.
sid luckman sucked

congratulations, you have come to the same conclusion texans fans have been saying for the last 2 years. You should be like on TV or something, man.

I have a show idea too. Put you and Dragon in a sealed off room and watch to see which one of you rages the other to death first.

If Dragon wins the sequel series will be him and Sony vs. Yankee and Microsoft.

Fox318

You will all feel bad about yourself when Rex Ryan is holding this year's Lombardi trophy after defeating the Seahawks with a overtime kickoff return from Harvin.

You will all feel bad about yourself when Rex Ryan is holding this year's Lombardi trophy after defeating the Seahawks with a overtime kickoff return from Harvin.

Has a coach ever switched teams during the season? Seems unlikey that a SB would hire Rex after he gets fired in a few weeks, and then the same team has to sign Harvin after he gets cut for knocking out Geno.

tempNFL_Int_DET_play60-211003--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

tempNFL_Int_DET_play60-211004--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

tempNFL_Int_DET_play60-211007--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

Play 60 event in London. Please be healed soon

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I have a show idea too. Put you and Dragon in a sealed off room and watch to see which one of you rages the other to death first.

If Dragon wins the sequel series will be him and Sony vs. Yankee and Microsoft.

its funny that you think i rage.

I said before the season over/under of wins was 5. I ain't even mad.

RELAYER

Banned
Has a coach ever switched teams during the season? Seems unlikey that a SB would hire Rex after he gets fired in a few weeks, and then the same team has to sign Harvin after he gets cut for knocking out Geno.

Falcons fans want him pretty bad when we fire Mike Smith after getting blown out by the Lions this Sunday

eznark

Banned
I actually think Rex will be hired just as quickly as Reid was. If you think he is bad coach you're kind of a fucking nitwit.

This week brings us The Greatest Rivalry in Sports, Newton-Wilson III

Let's take a look at the "highlights" from the last two years

Dick Sherman Getting Hoed Out
16226_ShermanISOFull.gif

Wussy pulls bullshit out of his ass again
Wilson-Miracle.gif

Cam Newton throws ball to dirt, loses game
CamNo_original.gif

Falcons fans want him pretty bad when we fire Mike Smith after getting blown out by the Lions this Sunday

Really? I love Rex as a Dc but I thought that he would have to take a step down before getting another HC job. The battle between Smith and Lewis for worst coach of the year would be crazy if they had an award for that.

Zeke

Good op, man the season us flying by too fast. Farooq's post on the other page was gold damn near got teary eyed

Tom Penny

I actually think Rex will be hired just as quickly as Reid was. If you think he is bad coach you're kind of a fucking nitwit.

He's a great D coordinator. He's an average head coach who is probably marginally involved in the offense and special teams.

He's a great D coordinator. He's an average head coach who is probably marginally involved in the offense and special teams.

Thinking more about it, Lovie got a HC job and Rex is at least on his level so it wouldnt surprise me if he gets another shot without having to be a DC first.

Serious question:

Who the fuck wants to work for the Raiders?

Unless they are paying me crazy money I ain't working in that shithole.

You dont like LA or San Antonio? I keep hearing that the Raiders owner wants a big name HC to make a splash, I wonder if Rex would be that?

Zeke

If we're being honest though, I see more UT paraphernalia than Cowboys throughout most of Texas.

Also more A&M stuff than Texans.
UT are the Lakers or Yankees of college ball in Texas. Can't stand the longhorns A&M on the other hand that's my shit! Too bad they have regressed this past few weeks look more like the aggies of old.

Do you really want to coach an exhibition team in Dodger Stadium or Oakland?

Coaches will be lining up if the team goes to LA. If you win a SB in LA that would be fucking huge. I have no doubt at all if that is where they go they will be able to attract a big name coach.

bionic77

Serious question:

Who the fuck wants to work for the Raiders?

Unless they are paying me crazy money I ain't working in that shithole.
If you were a young coach with talent and they gave you a great deal of freedom that would be a good deal.

The NFL is a pretty level playing field. With the right management any team can turn things around really quickly.

Granted this assumes that their ownership is sane but I don't know enough about that to really offer any opinions. We all knew Davis was a zombie and was crazy but I don't know shit about his son.

Flying today for the first time with baby.

Nervous as hell for him. 3 hours should be ok. I think.

Go Eagles!

Baby is easy time, especially if you booked the bassinet. Airplanes are basically just big white noise machines that can rumble like a car.

The hell vortex doesn't appear until the youngin' is big enough to play with toys and pitch a fit like McNabb with the Redskins. I have to fly with my 16 month old son later this year and I basically expect him to be about as well behaved as Plaxico Burress during a camp holdout.

Zeke

Raiders could also have 90mil in cap space I think. That's pretty tempting as well really gives you freedom to attract and sign some really good players. Unless you offer someone a Watt type of contract.

Top Bottom