• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

Baby is easy time, especially if you booked the bassinet. Airplanes are basically just big white noise machines that can rumble like a car.

The hell vortex doesn't appear until the youngin' is big enough to play with toys and pitch a fit like McNabb with the Redskins. I have to fly with my 16 month old son later this year and I basically expect him to be about as well behaved as Plaxico Burress during a camp holdout.

:jnc

eznark

Banned
Serious question:

Who the fuck wants to work for the Raiders?

Unless they are paying me crazy money I ain't working in that shithole.

Let's be real. There are 30 jobs. 30. In the entire world, if you want to be an NFL head coach. They'll never struggle to find a qualified coach. They suck at determining what "qualified" means, but it won't be hard to get someone in there.

A guy like Rex also has essentially unlimited opportunities and will be at least a coordinator until he decides he doesn't want to anymore. There is no risk.

I've never been to a NFL game and this Thursday it happened to work out that I'll be in Denver for work. I'm a huge Broncos fan too, so it's perfect. Anyone have any tips for me? I don't have a ticket yet. I've been checking stubhub and ticketmaster. I only need 1 tickets as I'll be alone. I'm not super comfortable buying anything off craigslist either but have looked at that as well. I'll be getting to Denver around 1:30 and plan on going straight to the stadium. Should I just take some cash and try and buy one there? Will they be cheaper last minute?

Let's be real. There are 30 jobs. 30. In the entire world, if you want to be an NFL head coach. They'll never struggle to find a qualified coach. They suck at determining what "qualified" means, but it won't be hard to get someone in there.

A guy like Rex also has essentially unlimited opportunities and will be at least a coordinator until he decides he doesn't want to anymore. There is no risk.

I've never been to a NFL game and this Thursday it happened to work out that I'll be in Denver for work. I'm a huge Broncos fan too, so it's perfect. Anyone have any tips for me? I don't have a ticket yet. I've been checking stubhub and ticketmaster. I only need 1 tickets as I'll be alone. I'm not super comfortable buying anything off craigslist either but have looked at that as well. I'll be getting to Denver around 1:30 and plan on going straight to the stadium. Should I just take some cash and try and buy one there? Will they be cheaper last minute?

Do not buy tickets outside the stadium. My buddies did that 2 years ago, and what happened was when they tried to use the tickets it said that they were already used. Most teams let you print out your own tickets, so people print tickets and go in early and then have someone sell the physical tickets that were mailed out. unless you can get the guy to walk up with you to make sure the ticket is still good.

My boy Tanny has looked great the last 6 quarters. I really feel like the offense is finding its grove now, and that D is beastly. If they can just keep Philbin from fucking things up they could be really good.
It's true, they just need to show some consistency. The past six quarters have been good and the Raiders game was also great for Tannehill. The team is healthy now with some key guys back from injury/suspension so they need to deliver now. Also, Dion Jordan is finally back. DE is so stacked I'd love to see them try him out at OLB. He is such an amazing athlete, they need to find a way to get him on the field.

Remember when they were in 1st place that one time
Your smack talk means nothing after the last Pats/Dolphins game. Wake has your boy/old man by the microscopic balls (he needed tweezers but still).

Do not buy tickets outside the stadium. My buddies did that 2 years ago, and what happened was when they tried to use the tickets it said that they were already used. Most teams let you print out your own tickets, so people print tickets and go in early and then have someone sell the physical tickets that were mailed out. unless you can get the guy to walk up with you to make sure the ticket is still good.

This is what I was afraid of. Thanks for the heads up.

It's true, they just need to show some consistency. The past six quarters have been good and the Raiders game was also great for Tannehill. The team is healthy now with some key guys back from injury/suspension so they need to deliver now. Also, Dion Jordan is finally back. DE is so stacked I'd love to see them try him out at OLB. He is such an amazing athlete, they need to find a way to get him on the field.

Your smack talk means nothing after the last Pats/Dolphins game. Wake has your boy/old man by the microscopic balls (he needed tweezers but still).
Good thing the dolphins capitalized on that win and didn't follow it up with a loss to the bills.

eznark

Banned
Acceptable recovery

wink.gif

Please don't talk about Tom his testicles in such a disrespectful manner.

Good thing the Pats capitalized on Brady's entire career by doing jack shit.

:)

LANGUAGE!

Gosh, sometimes I feel like I'm raising YOU!

Serious question:

The Raiders are getting a little more attractive as a job. At least there are a couple of solid building blocks there with Carr and Mack now, as well as potentially the #1 pick in the draft. If Carr continues to develop, the more attractive that job gets. If they then move out of that shit hole of a stadium, as well as not being in cap hell, the outlook is much better than it's been there in a LONG time.

jakncoke

Banned
Downey Jr. really balling with the Iron Man character. Rumor has it he'll be getting 40 million and % of profits for Captain America 3

Fantomex

I like how you think you'll ever be ready for this.

Lol. The only thing that certainly is bothering me is the top players on Twitch.TV The action is nothing like a real game, everything is a one two pass or a lob over the middle, kinda sucks that they just focus on speed, a couple of jukes and bam they're the best online. The realism is gone.

Downey Jr. really balling with the Iron Man character. Rumor has it he'll be getting 40 million and % of profits for Captain America 3

Chris Evans gets paid like 5 million per movie to be Captain America

RDJ gets 40 million upfront plus a cut just to be in it for 30 minutes. #winning

His agent has to be the GOAT

Chris Evans gets paid like 5 million per movie to be Captain America

RDJ gets 40 million upfront plus a cut just to be in it for 30 minutes. #winning

His agent has to be the GOAT

I mean he's the one who started it. I don't about them going the Civil War route if that rumor's true though, but it lead to another rumor that Marvel's in talks with Sony to get Spiderman

Lol. The only thing that certainly is bothering me is the top players on Twitch.TV The action is nothing like a real game, everything is a one two pass or a lob over the middle, kinda sucks that they just focus on speed, a couple of jukes and bam they're the best online. The realism is gone.

Yeah, some of the balance has been lost with FIFA 15. Still, regular seasons plays a lot differently compared to FUT, which a lot of Twitch dudes play.

Crazy that it looks like he is going to sign on for 7 more years. Also there was a rumor about him wanting to be the first $100m actor for IM4. When it is all over he will probably pass Harrison Ford for the actor whose movies have grossed the most money.

Tamanon

Banned
To be fair, you could get a new actor for Captain America in a heartbeat and audiences wouldn't bat an eye. Downey can't be replaced.

Jason Kelce may come back a week earlier than expected. Evan Mathis and Mychal Kendricks are practicing this week, though Mathis can't return until week 10. It will be nice to have three of the best players on the team back. Would be cool if Kendricks could get back in time for Sunday.

Serious question:

It's not looking like a bad gig next season.

Right now I think Todd Bowles is probably the top choice unless some offensive guru becomes available.

ShaneB

This is what I was afraid of. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm no expert either, but I think with Broncos games always being sellouts, you'd have to check out a site like NFL ticket exchange for your best bet.

Jealous though! Would love to get to a chiefs home game sometime for my first football game live.

rando14

OAK @ CLEVE

Sorry Oakland but Browns win convincingly !
Go Browns!

I thought there was a Browns-Hawks alliance UNTIL yall screwed us by not letting us sign our draft pick off the PS!! I mean I thought we were boys but I feel betrayed, let-down, humiliated!! ;_;

A thousands years of prosperity in
Seattle
!!

Eleuin

My wet dream would be Philbin and Rex in Green Bay next season with McCarthy still as the head coach.

Extremely unlikely though.

Rex could probably make Brad Jones compet... hahaha naw

Philbin could still happen with Harbs replacing him next season

Top Bottom