• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

LevelNth

Banned
Wow I just a watched a replay of Wilson's 50 yard scramble. Ogletree had perfect positioning and then inexplicably runs to his left for no reason whatsoever, completely opening up the sideline with no one behind him.

That is easily the worst LB play I've seen in a long while. AJ Hawk-esque.

andthebeatgoeson

Jason Kelce may come back a week earlier than expected. Evan Mathis and Mychal Kendricks are practicing this week, though Mathis can't return until week 10. It will be nice to have three of the best players on the team back. Would be cool if Kendricks could get back in time for Sunday.

Good. Very good.

hnng at your avatar. My wife was like, 'you haven't watched any baseball all year.'

Nv5MvzY.jpg

Only right to put struggle Flavor flav on it.

Fox318

The Raiders are getting a little more attractive as a job. At least there are a couple of solid building blocks there with Carr and Mack now, as well as potentially the #1 pick in the draft. If Carr continues to develop, the more attractive that job gets. If they then move out of that shit hole of a stadium, as well as not being in cap hell, the outlook is much better than it's been there in a LONG time.

They have the worst facilities in the league.

If the get a new owner with some cash but I can't see a Davis spending money on his team.

ShaneB

Fun bit of Football Scenario discussion on the latest Dave Dameshek podcast, maybe it could spark some talk here.

It’s the Super Bowl, 2 seconds left, ball on the 17 yard line, team is down by 4 points. On the offensive side, who is your QB/WR combo (they added LT as well), and on the defence, who would be your pass rusher/corner?

Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeramiah both took Aaron Rodgers/Dez Bryant/Jason Peters on the offensive side of the ball, and on defence Bucky Brooks when with Demarcus Ware/Revis, and DJ went with Watt/Sherman.

Crisco

Banned
Rex is a great defensive coordinator and motivator, but his overall coaching philosophy is incompatible with the modern NFL. I wouldn't want him as my HC under any circumstances.

Bowser

Fun bit of Football Scenario discussion on the latest Dave Dameshek podcast, maybe it could spark some talk here.

It’s the Super Bowl, 2 seconds left, ball on the 17 yard line, team is down by 4 points. On the offensive side, who is your QB/WR combo (they added LT as well), and on the defence, who would be your pass rusher/corner?

Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeramiah both took Aaron Rodgers/Dez Bryant/Jason Peters on the offensive side of the ball, and on defence Bucky Brooks when with Demarcus Ware/Revis, and DJ went with Watt/Sherman.

Assuming everyone is fully healthy?

O: Rodgers/Megatron/Byron Bell
jk, Tyron Smith
D: Watt/Revis

Dragon

Banned
Rex is a great defensive coordinator and motivator, but his overall coaching philosophy is incompatible with the modern NFL. I wouldn't want him as my HC under any circumstances.

You would know about great defensive coordinators and shitty head coaches considering who's in charge of your team!

@Evan_P_West
JJ Watt: "I think we did a good job fighting back but I'm sick of saying we did a good job of fighting back."

Congrats Houston. Didn't even take half a season for him to regret staying with you long-term.

DMczaf

@Evan_P_West
JJ Watt: "I think we did a good job fighting back but I'm sick of saying we did a good job of fighting back."

Congrats Houston. Didn't even take half a season for him to regret staying with you long-term.

He can share stories of regret with Andre Johnson.

'07 Brady, Moss and Light

Tuck/Strahan, whoever those fucks had at corner ;_;

Tom Penny

So based on that dude with no legs murdering his girlfriend that got only 5 years what team is signing Hernandez next year...

Crisco

Banned
You would know about great defensive coordinators and shitty head coaches considering who's in charge of your team!

Yeah, most Panthers fans aren't sold on Rivera, for a lot of the same reasons Rex has failed. Most of what's happening right now isn't his fault, but guys like Godfrey and Harper need to have very short leashes. They aren't being held accountable for playing like shit and that should come from the HC. Jettisoning Rivera would probably make a lot Panthers fans happy, but there are worse coaches, and I think he deserves a couple more years under a (finally) competent FO.

@Evan_P_West

Eh, he seems sold on the long term. Once they get a decent* QB they'll be fine. The problem is that if they had a good QB right now they could win. Foster's prime is wasting, Johnson isn't getting younger either. If you give them a good QB they'd be a playoff team IMO. But by the time they find one in 2-3 years....

ShaneB

Assuming everyone is fully healthy?

O: Rodgers/Megatron/Byron Bell
jk, Tyron Smith
D: Watt/Revis

Good picks! It was interesting when they discussed why not Megatron, and they just said they've seen him make those drops in that situation.

'07 Brady, Moss and Light

Tuck/Strahan, whoever those fucks had at corner ;_;

Hey man, it's a dream scenario, but let's keep it relevant and current! Or a nightmare in your case I suppose.

jmdajr

Eh, he seems sold on the long term. Once they get a decent* QB they'll be fine. The problem is that if they had a good QB right now they could win. Foster's prime is wasting, Johnson isn't getting younger either. If you give them a good QB they'd be a playoff team IMO. But by the time they find one in 2-3 years....
2 -3 years? The suck train is speeding up fast.

Tom Penny

@Evan_P_West

Player's don't regret their enormous bank accounts.

I'm starting to practice. maybe in a month I'll be ready for you and Dutch. Havent played in about 3 years. Started yesterday on PS4.

http://youtu.be/2cxzw3eiSFE
I like it! If you ever want to do some co-op seasons I'd be up for it, and of course 1v1 once you feel more comfortable! I'm not a pro by any means, I've just played a lot.

Yeah, some of the balance has been lost with FIFA 15. Still, regular seasons plays a lot differently compared to FUT, which a lot of Twitch dudes play.
Best advice you gave was playing as a lower ranked team in seasons so I don't have to play Real Madrid constantly. My go-to team is England now and that's been pretty enjoyable. Also playing a lot of manager mode as Everton.

cashman

Banned
@Evan_P_West

Watt should have just waited a couple of years for jerry to pay him.

Zeke

Does it have to be current players only? If not I'd go with
Marino/Rice with Mark Tuinei as LT
Reggie White/prime time
Oh current well fuck
Brady/Dez and Smith as my LT
Ware/Sherman

ShaneB

Does it have to be current players only? If not I'd go with
Marino/Rice with Mark Tuinei as LT
Reggie White/prime time
Oh current well fuck
Brady/Dez and Smith as my LT
Ware/Sherman

Haha, well yeah, the segment on the podcast was just focusing on current players. Just thought it sounded like a fun scenario to brain storm.

minx

Golden Tate:

4th in the league in receptions.
6th in the league in receiving yards per game.
12th in the league with receptions of 20+ yards

The myth that Megatron made Stafford is dead. The 2011 season alone proved that.

15-4 TD to Int with 2129 yards in 2013 first 7 games. 9-6 TD to Int with 1891 yards this year. Keep trying to convince yourself.

15-4 TD to Int with 2129 yards in 2013 first 7 games. 9-6 TD to Int with 1891 yards this year. Keep trying to convince yourself.

Technically kas is right, even with Megatron Stafford couldnt win a playoff game, and this year even when he was healthy stafford sucked. Stafford is a loser with Megatron and without him.

Top Bottom