• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

Narag

Can anyone help me find my old Manning avatar? :(

Here , you monster:

qkPnq.png

zychi

Banned
This sounds like one of the stupidest laws ever.

"Officer, I was responsible enough not to drive drunk and so fell asleep in my car."

"Too bad, fucknozzle. Here's your ticket."

it's an easy way for the government to make a few grand off of one person. some laws are so stupid

brentech

How laws are enforced is up to the police officer. Living in Los Angeles, Orange and Riverside county my whole life cops have bigger issues to worry about. They're not going to take me to jail for $20 worth of weed.

It's happened to me. They knock on the window, see if you're all right and bounce. It's probably different in Utah or Wisconsin but Southern California cops have bigger fish to fry. You will not get a DUI if you're asleep in your car, in a parking lot after a night of drinking or even if you're tired.

You said "If your car is parked and the keys are not in the ignition? No you won't. At least not in California, and cops actually appreciate that. Maybe different laws in your state."

Just look up a couple DUI lawyer websites, and there is enough info about parked DUIs that it obviously happens.
But keep on with the blanket, sweeping statements when you're clearly wrong!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
lol 12-19-1999 Bucs/Yuck/Flying Snesfreaks lost 45-0 to the killers/raiders/chan

Napoleon Kaufman went 8-122 and 2 tds

jak I'm tired right now post some Matthew Stafford stats.

Slo: cops in SoCal are not going to give you a DUI if you're sleeping in your car unless you're an asshole to them and make there job hard. I don't know how it is in Minnesota but they're not going to take you to jail when in fact they appreciate you're not on the road drunk and swerving.

Edit: I don't know where you live brent. Los Angeles cops will not and I've had it happen to me a few times. This isn't Kansas.

jakncoke

Banned

Slo: cops in SoCal are not going to give you a DUI if you're sleeping in your car unless you're an asshole to them and make there job hard. I don't know how it is in Minnesota but they're not going to take you to jail when in fact they appreciate you're not on the road drunk and swerving.

Stafford on a chance to beat the Steelers last year decided to gift the Steelers defender with a interception, it was probably the first turnover in weeks,months, years for the defense. What a guy. Always gifting

Edit: I don't know where you live brent. Los Angeles cops will not and I've had it happen to me a few times. This isn't Kansas.
So you're making a blanket, generic statement that regardless of what the law says, every cop will ignore it and let you off the hook.

:kas

Milchjon

Bionic bullies so many minorities
Black basketball GOATs, non-rapey quarterbacks, highly regarded female journalists, reptiles, Pats fans...
every single day, yet when Kas does it, he gets pissed.

Talk about double standards.

jakncoke

Banned
Was looking to see how Woodley was doing, torn biceps eh maybe out for season? Great signing Raiders. 5 tackle 0 sack season. nice

The whole thing about sleeping in your car is the bad things that could possibly happen if you're sleep in your car. I mean plenty can happen when you're in a vulnerable state like that possibility end up dead. I'll just take a cab instead.

brentech

A personal experience doesn't matter. You really are dumb as shit if you can't understand that.

We're not implying that every person will get a DUI, but every person isn't going to get a warning either. That simply isn't how it works.

Godslay

Banned
Does anything matter

That's a really deep question for a 7 year old. I don't have the answers Gata, I don't know what it all means.

Seriously though, I don't run this thread, but as far as I'm concerned religion talk can stay as far away from here as possible. Politics, religion, and anime can gtfo!

I was joking about the anime, don't watch it but its harmless, so I just block it out when I see related stuff posted. Plus cajun is a nice guy.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
So you're making a blanket, generic statement that regardless of what the law says, every cop will ignore it and let you off the hook.

:kas

You're making a blanket, generic statement about the reality of life in Los Angeles. I know the system very well over here through plenty of personal experience. This ain't Utah dude.

Cops here have big fish to fry, so it's different than what a cop in Boringville, Wisconsin enforce law. Two totally different circumstances and situations.

Kave: When it comes to religious debates it's impossible to say what is wrong or right.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I assume kas has spent plenty of time in Utah.

Was looking to see how Woodley was doing, torn biceps eh maybe out for season? Great signing Raiders. 5 tackle 0 sack season. nice

I was for keeping him before the season, too. Just didn't think the cap hit was worth it. It was worth it, I was wrong.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm talking about the DUI thing.

I don't know anything about the religious debate nor do I care.

My bad. Cops in Los Angeles/OC/Riverside will almost always just check on you if you're sleeping in your car whether you're tired or sleeping off a night of drinking. They're not going to write up a DUI and go back to the station and write a report for a guy who was sleeping in his car.

brentech

My bad. Cops in Los Angeles/OC/Riverside will almost always just check on you if you're sleeping in your car whether you're tired or sleeping off a night of drinking. They're not going to write up a DUI and go back to the station and write a report for a guy who was sleeping in his car.

Let me guess, no one in that area has ever received a speeding ticket either? ooookaayyyyy

JABEE

Until they do. Now you have a DUI on your record.

You're making a blanket, generic statement about the reality of life in Los Angeles. I know the system very well over here through plenty of personal experience. This ain't Utah dude.

Cops here have big fish to fry, so it's different than what a cop in Boringville, Wisconsin enforce law. Two totally different circumstances and situations.

Kave: When it comes to religious debates it's impossible to say what is wrong or right.
So your delusions are not specific to Stafford and the Lions. You're just delusional period.

Gotcha.

I'm not denying your personal experience. But to suggest that every single cop ignores the law every single time is a blanket, generic statement. That's like saying hey, the speed limit is 35 but every cop will ignore you if you're going 40. Simply not true.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
So your delusions are not specific to Stafford and the Lions. You're just delusional period.

Gotcha.

I'm not denying your personal experience. But to suggest that every single cop ignores the law every single time is a blanket, generic statement. That's like saying hey, the speed limit is 35 but every cop will ignore you if you're going 40. Simply not true.

I never said every single cop ignores the law. I'm talking about cops in Southern California cities and how they deal with someone sleeping in there car. Ive been in contact with them many times and I also understand there job in say the city of Long Beach and what laws they enforce.

There are a lot bigger problems than someone sleeping in a car. I'm sure it's different flyover midWestern city.

Top Bottom