• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 8 |OT| I Used To Like Football

Doorman

Mmm, the cards are starting to set up really nicely for the Lions to launch into their typical second-half tank job. Cornerback position is decimated as per usual, Calvin perpetually hurt as per usual, running backs dinged up and ineffective, Stafford being Stafford...

Congrats on once again winning the division, Green Bay.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
They should tell Suh that if Fairley gets injured they're going to franchise Suh and make him stay in Detroit forever.

Just change his name to Packard Plant because his ass will rot here.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'd be down with having games this early a couple times a year. Thanksgiving would be a prime day in my mind.

There's not going to be a game at 2pm on a Thursday in London. Unless we wanted to tank the economy a bit further.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yeah screw y'all I'm on the East Coast. My day of football is great.

9:30 until 11pm basically with about 1.5hrs of non football at most.

Godslay

Banned
There's not going to be a game at 2pm on a Thursday in London. Unless we wanted to tank the economy a bit further.

I'm just saying an early game in general. Do one in America on Thanksgiving so we have football all day. The other one could be in the UK like today.

Colasante

Patriots are rumored to be among the teams calling the Bucs about trading for Vincent Jackson. There was also a rumor that they are in the market for a running back. Then, Schefter tweets, "While WR Vincent Jackson’s name has been focus of trade speculation, the Buccaneer more likely to be dealt is RB Doug Martin. Teams calling."

Why_not_both.jpg

Drakeon

I honestly don't mind, we got our SB win. I'm content for at least 20 years now.

Yes, you do. No one likes being irrelevant. As someone who is about to watch that happen to the Niners again (next year when Harbs leaves us for Michigan), it's not a good feeling!

rando14

Patriots are rumored to be among the teams calling the Bucs about trading for Vincent Jackson. There was also a rumor that they are in the market for a running back. Then, Schefter tweets, "While WR Vincent Jackson’s name has been focus of trade speculation, the Buccaneer more likely to be dealt is RB Doug Martin. Teams calling."

Why_not_both.jpg

Would you really want to give up a 2nd for VJax + that salary?

Sonics mentality.

This is not respectful

RBH

I'm loving this early morning football so far.

They should've had more of these London games at 9:30am all along. Helps that they can show the games to the whole country without any competition in that timeslot. The 1pm London games always get lost in the shuffle.

I'm loving this early morning football so far.

They should've had more of these London games at 9:30am all along. Helps that they can show the games to the whole country without any competition in that timeslot. The 1pm London games always get lost in the shuffle.
I agree, this is amazing. Let's do 17 London games and get rid of TNF!

Wes

venison crêpe
So Wes, what's the story on the NFL's popularity there? Can you tell it's growing significantly or is it still mostly ignored?

Definitely grown in the past 5 years. 5 years ago you wouldn't have a game showing live on a Sunday afternoon on a terrestrial TV station (terrestrial station being one of the main five that everyone in the UK has access too without cable/satellite/other fancy devices).

This is the first year they set a full 4 hours aside for a game. (Last year they showed the first half on terrestrial, then the rest on a sister digital channel).

You can bet all channel directors are very much interested in the viewing figures for this. Currently only the Sunday Night game is on free to air each week (but that starts at 1am+). Other games are all via subscription services. The NFL would love to have more games, or the likes of RedZone, on one of these free to air channels and not Sky.

Top Bottom