• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 9 |OT| NO means NO

Gobias

Banned
I haven't been paying attention at all to that #gamegate thread and I just peaked at the two most recent pages. What the fuck is all this shit.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I feel I need to admit a couple of things.

1. I don't know what this gamergate shit is.
2. I don't want to know.

EL has no beta in him apparently

u wot m8?

aintevenmad

I mean...I love that we have him, but I'm not down with tanking the draft process just to get to a certain team.

That's bread bro. Bread that I'm not going to be seeing because I got picked 28th instead of 13th or 14th because I dogged it in workouts.

Dragon

Banned
Could I potentially do this via a ps tv? Do you have any experience with doing it over the same wifi network?

I don't see why Sony wouldn't allow you to do this but no it doesn't currently output to Vita or PSTV. The good thing about SharePlay is, it's not going through any of Sony's servers as far as I can tell, it's a direct connection, so it should avoid more routing problems.

I don't have two PS4s at home so I can't test over the same network :/.

Crisco

Banned
So I don't really like Apple products much (anymore), but my work offered me a brand new MBP to replace my aging Dell and I just got the thing today. It's pretty fucking sweet I have to say, fastest machine I've ever used. Haven't gotten my development apps on here yet, but I imagine they'll scream. I still find OSX annoying and shitty, so I'll have Windows on here soon, but the hardware is amazing.

Dragon

Banned
So I don't really like Apple products much (anymore), but my work offered me a brand new MBP to replace my aging Dell and I just got the thing today. It's pretty fucking sweet I have to say, fastest machine I've ever used. Haven't gotten my development apps on here yet, but I imagine they'll scream. I still find OSX annoying and shitty, so I'll have Windows on here soon, but the hardware is amazing.

I hope you're a Windows dev because frankly Windows for open source projects is shit beyond belief. Mac at least has homebrew which is pretty sweet. Using cygwin is the worst.

Spinluck

I honestly don't really know what gamergate is either. Haven't been following it closely, but it sounds like an orgy of dipshit sexist trolls making idle threats and coming off as massive assholes.

Dragon

Banned
I honestly don't really know what gamergate is either. Haven't been following it closely, but it sounds like an orgy of dipshit sexist trolls making idle threats and coming off as massive assholes.

I don't think the threats are idle considering they're leaking people's personal information...

bionic77

What don't you like about OSX?

I love Apple laptops and their OS is so much better than windows IMO for laptops.

I think I might prefer Win 7 for desktops but even MS seems to have given up on that.

Once you go mac it's hard to go back...

Crisco

Banned
I hope you're a Windows dev because frankly Windows for open source projects is shit beyond belief. Mac at least has homebrew which is pretty sweet. Using cygwin is the worst.

Yeah, I can deal with cygwin, or just a local Linux VM. I can't deal with OS X's horrible excuse for multitasking and window management.

Trey

It's "about" ethics in gaming journalism. That's what they say. But its genesis was when some female game dev had a story run about her; it accused her of sleeping with journos in return for favorable reviews of her game. So gamergate is couched in all kinds of sexist rhetoric, and is being used as a blunt instrument against people who aren't "hardcore gamers" (i.e, women), while being marketed as a battle cry against the corrupt games media. It has a crisis of identity and people are getting hurt besides.

gutshot

Yeah, I can deal with cygwin, or just a local Linux VM. I can't deal with OS X's horrible excuse for multitasking and window management.

What are you talking about? Multiple desktops with three finger swipes to transition between them is the best thing ever.

Gobias

Banned
It's "about" ethics in gaming journalism. That's what they say. But its genesis was when some female game dev had a story run about her; it accused her of sleeping with journos in return for favorable reviews. So gamergate is couched in all kinds of sexist rhetoric, and is being used as a blunt instrument against people who aren't "hardcore gamers" (i.e, women), while being marketed as a battle cry against the corrupt games media. It has a crisis of identity and people are getting hurt besides.

I remember that but I feel like that was over a month ago. People are still yelling about it?

What a bunch of nerds.

Milchjon

I doubt the ethics of Gaming journalism are worse than those of any other kind of enthusiast press.

Edit: Gamers probably don't deserve any better though. For people who act like the medium deserves to be taking seriously, they're remarkably similar to a wine enthusiast that doesn't care about anything but comparing the wine's ABV.

Crisco

Banned
What are you talking about? Multiple desktops with three finger swipes to transition between them is the best thing ever.

Yeah, that's cool, but what if all I want are 4 windows of equal size across two monitors? Or a full screen app on one monitor and 50/50 on the other. Does OSX have a feature like Snap yet?

For the record, I'm willing to give it a shot for a few days, but my expectations are low.

bionic77

I doubt the ethics of Gaming journalism are worse than those of any other kind of press.
Fixed.

Journalism has always been a joke.

The worst is actually coverage of real news. I don't care if someone makes up something because they don't like a player because it is about a game.

But when they are lazy about real shit like a war or health care that is a bigger problem.

bionic77

Yeah, that's cool, but what if all I want are 4 windows of equal size across two monitors? Or a full screen app on one monitor and 50/50 on the other. Does OSX have a feature like Snap yet?
No snap sadly (amazing feature).

But otherwise you can do all of that. You just have to resize it yourself.

MechDX

I don't like this.

You are the coach. It's the medias job to fellate the players. You only step in when their confidence is slipping or they are being attacked for something you think is unfair.

Cmon Tomlin. Please become a good coach do I can stop getting mad at you.

First it's selfies and next thing you know is Watt is Goodell 2.0

I don't like this.

You are the coach. It's the medias job to fellate the players. You only step in when their confidence is slipping or they are being attacked for something you think is unfair.

Cmon Tomlin. Please become a good coach do I can stop getting mad at you.

Praising your players is bad now?

Tomlin has said numerous times that Brown is far and away the hardest worker on the team, and has told other skill players to follow Brown's example if they want to be great. A good coach points out his superstar's work ethic.

Fox318

I know what "m going to be for Halloween.

A Jets QB that your team is forced to start.

Nothing is scarier than that.

gutshot

For the record, I'm willing to give it a shot for a few days, but my expectations are low.

Not out of the box, but this app should do what you are looking for.

http://mizage.com/divvy/

Dragon

Banned
I doubt the ethics of Gaming journalism are worse than those of any other kind of enthusiast press.

Edit: Gamers probably don't deserve any better though. For people who act like the medium deserves to be taking seriously, they're remarkably similar to a wine enthusiast that doesn't care about anything but comparing the wine's ABV.

You should probably read that slate article I posted. It goes into the issues between the gaming press and gamersgate in more detail. The resolution differences you seem to be implying aren't really a major issue in this situation.

Spinluck

I don't think the threats are idle considering they're leaking people's personal information...

Well yeah, those losers will do what they do best, attack from behind keyboards. Most of those assholes don't have it in them to carry out most of the bullshit they spout.

Of course, this is a dangerous and random world, so it's still best to take caution. Even though most of these types of people are cowards, they are still a very crazy bunch for the shit get mad over, better safe than sorry (especially women since they're targeted the most).

But yeah, fuck them for doxing people, especially over video games.

It's "about" ethics in gaming journalism. That's what they say. But its genesis was when some female game dev had a story run about her; it accused her of sleeping with journos in return for favorable reviews of her game. So gamergate is couched in all kinds of sexist rhetoric, and is being used as a blunt instrument against people who aren't "hardcore gamers" (i.e, women), while being marketed as a battle cry against the corrupt games media. It has a crisis of identity and people are getting hurt besides.

Thanks for the summary. I remember that story. Not surprised about the outcome.

bionic77

Praising your players is bad now?

Tomlin has said numerous times that Brown is far and away the hardest worker on the team, and has told other skill players to follow Brown's example if they want to be great. A good coach points out his superstar's work ethic.
Everything Tomlin does is bad for me because I hate him.

Imagine the way you feel about Ben. Now imagine me feeling that way about our stupid coach!

Crisco

Banned
It's just the little things that are going to drive me crazy lol. Why are folders not sorted first in Finder? Folders should always be sorted first :(

Milchjon

You should probably read that slate article I posted. It goes into the issues between the gaming press and gamersgate in more detail. The resolution differences you seem to be implying aren't really a major issue in this situation.

Oh, I've read it. If you read further up the thread, I actually mentioned it first.

The edit in my last post was more of a general snipe and not really related to gamergate ;-)

JABEE

Pray for "Mr. Hockey." Gordie Howe just suffered a serious stoke. He's in his 80s and is suffering from Alzheimer's. He's a Legend who played with his sons in the WHA in his 50s. Gordie is the man.

Greg

someone share play FIFA 15 so I can see how share play runs and also play FIFA 15

I'll even be on your team and try not to suck

Top Bottom