• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 9 |OT| NO means NO

bionic77

You used to call him the sexiest coach in the league though.
Still the sexiest coach on all time. But eventually you need more in a relationship than just looks and hot sex.

You need someone to stimulate your mind, make halftime adjustments, coach up players and learn how to use timeouts and when to kick a FG...

ShaneB

Pray for "Mr. Hockey." Gordie Howe just suffered a serious stoke. He's in his 80s and is suffering from Alzheimer's. He's a Legend who played with his sons in the WHA in his 50s. Gordie is the man.

Just saw this post here and the NHL thread. =(

brentech

If the season ended today draft order and team needs by NFL
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-nfl-draft-order-top-3-needs-for-all-32-teams
Largely don't care about draft order or anything, but was just curious as to what NFL would list as team needs.

22. Green Bay Packers
2014 record: 5-3 (.476)
Top three needs: ILB, DL, TE

Not sure I totally agree with TE. Otherwise, much agree.
Packers just need a reliable catcher at TE. I don't think we need him to be super quick and stretch the field. We have enough WRs that can do that. Would be great to see the offense with a straight up blocker and possession TE.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
19. Pittsburgh Steelers
2014 record: 5-3 (.442)
Top three needs: S, DL, CB

Disagree, disagree, strongly agree.

If the season ended today draft order and team needs by NFL
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-nfl-draft-order-top-3-needs-for-all-32-teams

Not sure I totally agree with TE. Otherwise, much agree.
Packers just need a reliable catcher at TE. I don't think we need him to be super quick and stretch the field. We have enough WRs that can do that. Would be great to see the offense with a straight up blocker and possession TE.
They need another option at WR and by that Janis learning the offense.

ILB and DL are huge needs though. That whole D-Line... woof.

RBH

Seems kind of silly they won't let you start up a new one mid-season. Especially seeing how they'll accommodate extending a league into the playoffs.

Not that I mind the OP each week linking people to my victory but a new Survival league would be more fun.

What about ESPN or another network that isn't Yahoo!?

That's fine with me if Yahoo won't let us make another Survival league.

Trey

I'm sorry but after PD's post in that other thread every time I hear "It's about ethics in gaming journalism" I just die laughing

I haven't taken the phrase seriously to begin with.

But then again I want more articles pointing out how bland the gaming landscape has been for main characters, and I don't mind review scores or metacritic.

Doomsayer

17. San Francisco 49ers
2014 record: 4-3 (.534)
Top three needs: QB (backup), OL (depending on their free agents), DL

QB -> lol
OL -> If we don't re-sign Iupati, for sure. Other than that, we are set on the OL
DL -> the deepest position on the team

I wish I was paid to be terrible at my job.

JABEE

Dr. David J Chao said:
@Jeff_McLane Possible for O Lineman to play thru distal biceps tear and have surgery after season. Harder for defensive player.

@Jeff_McLane Triceps more important in general as there are other elbow flexor muscles. OL doesn't need full flexion power.

Former NFL Physician and writer for the NFL Post says Herremans could play through Bicep tear and get surgery in the off season. He also seems to think Romo injury may not be serious unless he has stress fractures in his backbone that can be seen with CT Scan. They have to wait longer on MRI and CT Scan.

*Checks on article*

Sees they have OL and DB listed for Panthers. Good, good.

I'm not sure DL is a massive need. Hardy will probably be gone, but they still have Lotululei, Short, Cole, and Edwards on the inside, and CJ, Ealy, Addison, Horton, and Alexander on the ends.

I wouldn't mind drafting another wide receiver too though. And we should eventually look at RB as well.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Need a pass rusher more than anything else.

Those guys are the hardest to find.

How old are Deebos kids?

Worilds has been playing well, Harrison is rounding into shape and Jones was the best on the roster before he got hurt. Not a high priority.

brentech

*Checks on article*

Sees they have OL and DB listed for Panthers. Good, good.

I'm not sure DL is a massive need. Hardy will probably be gone, but they still have Lotululei, Short, Cole, and Edwards on the inside, and CJ, Ealy, Addison, Horton, and Alexander on the ends.

I wouldn't mind drafting another wide receiver too though. And we should eventually look at RB as well.

Hard to imagine them not grabbing a WR by third round.

bionic77

Worilds has been playing well, Harrison is rounding into shape and Jones was the best on the roster before he got hurt. Not a high priority.
Hopefully Jones becomes that guy.

Worilds is not consistent and Deebo is a 100.

That's our biggest need. Can't stop anyone if you can't pressure the qb.

Farooq

Banned
Former NFL Physician and writer for the NFL Post says Herremans could play through Bicep tear and get surgery in the off season. He also seems to think Romo injury may not be serious unless he has stress fractures in his backbone that can be seen with CT Scan. They have to wait longer on MRI and CT Scan.

I was looking at his twitter before, it put my mind at ease about Romo. Still interested to hear the results of the scans.

zychi

Banned
Yeah, that's cool, but what if all I want are 4 windows of equal size across two monitors? Or a full screen app on one monitor and 50/50 on the other. Does OSX have a feature like Snap yet?

For the record, I'm willing to give it a shot for a few days, but my expectations are low.

there's a few third party apps that gives osx windows 7 style features like snap

firen

GAF I have a question!

What do you do if you see tony Gonzalez at the same bar as you?! Do you leave him be or at least shake his hand?

Top Bottom