• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 9 |OT| NO means NO

bionic77

GAF I have a question!

What do you do if you see tony Gonzalez at the same bar as you?! Do you leave him be or at least shake his hand?
I would just say hi.

But most people in 2014 get their picture with him and post it on Instagram and facebook.

You know, for someone who thinks of Golden Tate as MVP material, kas is certainly forgetting him in the majority of these images he posts.

But that's none of my business.

I miss Tate and his antics.

Bread

Banned
NHL >>>>> NBA
jan-skylar-o.gif

Godslay

Banned
Congratulations to Champ Bailey on a great career. I will always look at his trade to Denver for Clinton Portis as one of the teams most beneficial trades for Denver in my life as a fan.

I love you Champ.

Champb.jpg

He was a great. Too bad we couldn't deliver for him.

Royals bats are just on fire.

If the season ended today draft order and team needs by NFL
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-nfl-draft-order-top-3-needs-for-all-32-teams
Largely don't care about draft order or anything, but was just curious as to what NFL would list as team needs.

Not sure I totally agree with TE. Otherwise, much agree.
Packers just need a reliable catcher at TE. I don't think we need him to be super quick and stretch the field. We have enough WRs that can do that. Would be great to see the offense with a straight up blocker and possession TE.

TE is really the last thing we need the least on offense besides QB. Would put CB, WR, and maybe RB above it.

firen

I go on with my business because ain't nobody got time for Falcons players.

I shook Marcus Allen's hand when he came into my restaurant and let him be.

I would just say hi.

But most people in 2014 get their picture with him and post it on Instagram and facebook.

I didn't do anything :(

I was walking up to him as he was closing out and he immediately got on the phone. :(

bionic77

Ive worked 10/120 and fuck that shit
I never worked that much in a week.

Not even during a trial. Not even close.

I have worked 30+ hours straight and more than 100 hours a week (sometimes regularly) but never 120.

Hope you got paid like a Jets free agent for those hours.

Aren't you a lions fan? Shouldn't you be a Pistons guy? I'm going to Bulls at mil this year, super excited
I've mentioned this before but I'm from Milwaukee and outside the NFL all my teams are home state. Growing up watching Barry made me a Lions fan and it didn't help with them going to a NFC Championship game early on tricking me into being a fan for life.

I've mentioned this before but I'm from Milwaukee and outside the NFL all my teams are home state. Growing up watching Barry made me a Lions fan and it didn't help with them going to a NFC Championship game early on tricking me into being a fan for life.

So both you and kas aren't even from the D. Man you guys sure love misery, and incompetence.

effzee

I really don't get what Eagles can do to improve the QB position. They won't finish in the top 10 and trades don't work in the NFL. Barkley is garbage and Sanchez is probably at best a good back up. I guess they could gamble big, trade tons of their picks, and move into the top 10 to pick up Mariota. Maybe package Foles, their own 1st round pick, and a 3rd round pick for a top 5 pick?

Foles is regressing and has become a turnover machine. At least with other QBs even if they are turnover prone they make up for it by doing something extraordinarily well. Foles can't run and has a terrible arm. Worst yet he seems to have lost all confidence in stepping up into his throws.

He back peddles at the slightest pressure, holds onto the ball forever, and is late on all deep routes. And since he is always back-peddling the ball never has any zip on it.

If this was still week 1-3 I'd be calm. But this is a terrible pattern now. All the lucky throws and gambles he got away with last season are backfiring.

Just this past game he threw a terrible throw during the 2 min drill before half, where he lobbed the ball up into triple coverage. Luckily the 3 Cardinals and Riley Cooper all knocked each other down and it wasn't picked off. I don't get it. How is he not getting this? A sack is better than these soft lobs, late forced throws which end in INTs.

The Eagles are winning in spite of him. Worse yet Chip has somehow morphed into a regular NFL coach. Last year he was daring, doing crazy shit like going for 2 in the first quarter of a random game. Or constantly running the ball on 3rd and long and converting. And not running to give up because he didn't trust Vick/Foles but because he was fully confident in his scheme.

Now? We seem to be passing passing and passing some more. Seems more and more like Reid. No reason why Foles should be throwing 50 times in such a close game. Yes Arizona has a great run D but work around it!

They blitzed on almost every play, yet the Eagles threw only 1 screen to the backs and even that was to back up RB Polk. McCoy was picking up yards but it would always be one carry per 4-5 plays. Before that last drive they didn't run back to back the whole game. And when they did run back to back on that last drive? They had great success!

Something seems seriously off. I don't know if its Chip trusting Foles too much, Foles losing confidence, the lack of DeSean to scare the D from stacking the box, or McCoy just losing 2-3 steps all at once.

Yeah they are 5-2 and the 2 losses were to two good teams on the road but even in the wins they have struggled with consistency, smart play calling, and running the ball.

The D at least surprisingly has improved.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn

Barry in Tecmo Super Bowl.. drool.

I can respect that. I'd like them more if not for kas (and the while division thing).

ACE 1991

I really don't get what Eagles can do to improve the QB position. They won't finish in the top 10 and trades don't work in the NFL. Barkley is garbage and Sanchez is probably at best a good back up. I guess they could gamble big, trade tons of their picks, and move into the top 10 to pick up Mariota. Maybe package Foles, their own 1st round pick, and a 3rd round pick for a top 5 pick?

Foles is regressing and has become a turnover machine. At least with other QBs even if they are turnover prone they make up for it by doing something extraordinarily well. Foles can't run and has a terrible arm. Worst yet he seems to have lost all confidence in stepping up into his throws.

He back peddles at the slightest pressure, holds onto the ball forever, and is late on all deep routes. And since he is always back-peddling the ball never has any zip on it.

If this was still week 1-3 I'd be calm. But this is a terrible pattern now. All the lucky throws and gambles he got away with last season are backfiring.

Just this past game he threw a terrible throw during the 2 min drill before half, where he lobbed the ball up into triple coverage. Luckily the 3 Cardinals and Riley Cooper all knocked each other down and it wasn't picked off. I don't get it. How is he not getting this? A sack is better than these soft lobs, late forced throws which end in INTs.

The Eagles are winning in spite of him. Worse yet Chip has somehow morphed into a regular NFL coach. Last year he was daring, doing crazy shit like going for 2 in the first quarter of a random game. Or constantly running the ball on 3rd and long and converting. And not running to give up because he didn't trust Vick/Foles but because he was fully confident in his scheme.

Now? We seem to be passing passing and passing some more. Seems more and more like Reid. No reason why Foles should be throwing 50 times in such a close game. Yes Arizona has a great run D but work around it!

They blitzed on almost every play, yet the Eagles threw only 1 screen to the backs and even that was to back up RB Polk. McCoy was picking up yards but it would always be one carry per 4-5 plays. Before that last drive they didn't run back to back the whole game. And when they did run back to back on that last drive? They had great success!

Something seems seriously off. I don't know if its Chip trusting Foles too much, Foles losing confidence, the lack of DeSean to scare the D from stacking the box, or McCoy just losing 2-3 steps all at once.

Yeah they are 5-2 and the 2 losses were to two good teams on the road but even in the wins they have struggled with consistency, smart play calling, and running the ball.

The D at least surprisingly has improved.

I still have high hopes for this season, the Giants game showed that we can indeed play a complete game. I'm going to wait to fully judge the Eagles this year until we have our key players back.I can't help but wonder that if we had a more consistent QB (not even a great one, but at least one who is above average) we might be 7-0 and real superbowl contenders.

jakncoke

Banned
So...uh...Rel you care to explain why you don't root for the Packers (AKA a winning team) and chose the Lions (AKA a losing team) instead or nah

If he basing off the year the Lions made the nfc championship and barry sanders, I can see why. Its not like the era between Starr and Favre were pretty for the Packers.

ShaneB

I've gone and set up a new Survival league on NFL.com.
Simply create a fantasy profile, select Join Group at the above link and search for the private group called NFL-GAF SURVIVAL LEAGUE 2.
Password is neogaf just as it was for the first 2014 league.

Best of luck!

Joined! Missed out on the yahoo one, and figure might as well get in on this one.

So both you and kas aren't even from the D. Man you guys sure love misery, and incompetence.

So...uh...Rel you care to explain why you don't root for the Packers (AKA a winning team) and chose the Lions (AKA a losing team) instead or nah
I'll root for who I want to root for. It's just a game. Plus seeing how these Packers fans are I'm glad I didn't grow up to be one of them.
If he basing off the year the Lions made the nfc championship and barry sanders, I can see why. Its not like the era between Starr and Favre were pretty for the Packers.
This also

zychi

Banned
All good. I'm a weird sports fan, I have teams all over besides Illinois that I like, but for simplicity purposes I don't talk about it online.

RBH

I've gone and set up a new Survival league on NFL.com.
Simply create a fantasy profile, select Join Group at the above link and search for the private group called NFL-GAF SURVIVAL LEAGUE 2.
Password is neogaf just as it was for the first 2014 league.

Best of luck!

Nice, just joined.

Affection is a blessing
Can you find it in your sordid heart
I tried to keep this thing ta-gether
But the tremor tore my pad apart
Yeah I know it's hard to face
When all we've worked for's gone to waste
But you're such a stupid woman and I'm such a stupid man
But love like time's got its own plans

'Cause my baby's got a locomotive
My baby's gone off the track
My baby's got a locomotive
Got ta peel the bitch off my back
I know it looks like I'm insane
Take a closer look I'm not to blame
Yeah
If love is blind I guess I'll buy myself a cane

Love's so strange

effzee

I still have high hopes for this season, the Giants game showed that we can indeed play a complete game. I'm going to wait to fully judge the Eagles this year until we have our key players back.I can't help but wonder that if we had a more consistent QB (not even a great one, but at least one who is above average) we might be 7-0 and real superbowl contenders.

I had and would have high hopes if I saw any improvement from Foles. He seems to be getting worse and worse.

Its not even a matter of the OLINE injuries now. Even decent QBs can step up into the pocket or avoid the pressure somewhat. I don't need Foles to be Vick/RG3/Wilson elusive but he has no mobility whatsoever in the pocket.

That 4th and 2 where they tricked Arizona (and the world) by making Foles keep it on a zone read play? Any other QB picks up at least 10-15 yards. THERE WAS NO ONE IN FRONT OF HIM! He struggled to pick up the 2 yards they needed for the first down.

He is terrible moving in the pocket and god awful on the run passing. Most of his completions are quick WR screens and short passes which the WRs/TEs/RBs have to turn into big gains. No zip on the ball.

At this point I am hoping somehow they win the division and maybe finish one of the top 2 teams in the NFC for home field advantage. And just maybe come January he regains his footwork and Chip realizes the game should revolve around McCoy/Sproles/Polk running the ball 30+ times. Foles should never throw near 50 times.

JABEE

Foles just needs to regain his footwork. I don't know if he's missing Lazor, but his mechanics have gone to shit. He needs to stop being afraid to take a sack. Exorcise the demons of the Saints game and take the sack. You have a good kicker now.

Hopefully getting Kelce back will settle him down and allow us to run more screens.

Also, I don't think Kelly is a normal coach in the NFL this season. He doesn't need to be reckless. He's giving Foles plenty of opportunity to make plays with open men in space. Foles is just missing these opportunities this season.

Foles needs to realize he's not Andrew Luck. Don't just try to zip balls in.

MRSA

Banned
lmao

World Series is so boring that they put an interview about some parents missing a game to give birth to their parasite.

Baseball fuckin sucks.

Talon

Lol, wtf is this guy smoking? You could make an argument for safety, but this team's set at corners for a few years.

Prioritizing TE over any sort of depth on either the D-line, O-line or linebacking corp is hilarious.

It is true that Milwaukee Packer fans can be dicks to people wearing opposing jerseys.

Only for football though. Brewers fans here in town are generally welcoming to all visiting fans, even Cards fans. Put a football jersey on them and they become shitcocks here. I've been in a lot of bars where shit between Packers fans and Bears fans have got pretty heated, and it's almost always instigated by the Packers fans.

http://mynorthwest.com/11/2632915/D...hawks-locker-room-but-it-isnt-what-youd-think

So the real Seahawks drama is popeyes vs KFC.

percy was probably team KFC so he got the boot.

Just had some Popeyes today, mmm good eating.

Top Bottom