• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 9 |OT| NO means NO

DarkFlow

Banned
a1GwH.gif

xvRXMQU.gif

rando14

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Colin Kapernick’s deal contains de-escalator lowering 2015 salary $2 million if he is not selected All-NFL AND 49ers fail to win NFC Champ.

:jnc Holy clownshoes contract

Malalaw

I bought a copy
*runs
Love your avatar haha

Definetly make a thread, I'll even post in it

Having Packers fans call me racist is cute.

There's no stopping the machine my friend.

Just succumb to the Call

Haha thanks. Yeah I know. It's popular as shit. I have it on Ps4..just really tired from doing midnight launch last night and then coming back to do it all over again. I also wanted to watch Colts vs Giants.

squicken

It's happening!

thought it was funny, and true, that the Eagles' DB mentioned that Dre's heart wasn't in the game like it used to be. I think last year killed part of his soul, and the Mallett thing is just a desire to see a QB who can throw the ball 40 yards

lol I don't know what you're talking about at this point. Let's just leave it at I don't really care and move on from there.

He's a Bronco fan, not a Niner fan so he's alluding to you making/dreaming shit up with the 4-4 comment.

Generally, fans of teams that won in the past think old rings matter while fans of teams that have never won don't. I can honestly say though that if the Cards had rings from when they were in Chicago or St. Louis, I wouldn't give the slightest of fucks. Those weren't my teams, the Cardinals became my team when they came to Arizona. Now let's say they were always in Arizona and won championships before I was born or was a young child and not yet into Football, I still wouldn't give the slightest of fucks. We here are all into Football to the degree that we have an emotional connection with it, we get elated when we win and are pissed when we lose. Some even have meltdowns on internet forums. If the team won before you followed them, you get none of this. There's no emotional connection to those wins, they are empty like reading about an event in a book. They are for fans that are backed into a corner in an argument about how much their team sucks and they have to point back to 20 years ago, in some cases before they even followed the game, to try and feel like they got something on you.

Yep, the Cardinals have sucked dick for 98 percent of the franchise's existence but does that mar my experience watching them shit on everyone this season? Nope. If we win the championship will I feel less joy because it's our first? Hell no, it will be that much more meaningful! Maybe it's because in life in general I'm a thousand times more interested in the present and future than the past. The past is nice for nostalgia, a trip down memory lane or even lessons, but not much more. In the case of a sports fan, they may not even have that memory and are simply talking shit because they won three championships they read about online.

Godslay

Banned
Eli is the best. He'll forever be my QB

Eli has a special place reserved in the heart of all American's. A true Patriot.

He's a Bronco fan, not a Niner fan so he's alluding to you making/dreaming shit up with the 4-4 comment.

That's not what I was getting at. He said whatever I have to tell myself to sleep at night. In short I replied back that I don't jump through mental hoops to deny Superbowl history. So I thought it was funny that he would say I have to tell myself that, when I'm not the one in denial. Basically, he's the one telling himself something to make himself sleep at night.

:jnc Giving new meaning to the phrase "One-Read Kaep"
Can we change it to "I No Reed Kap"?

That's not what I was getting at. He said whatever I have to tell myself to sleep at night. In short I replied back that I don't jump throw mental hoops to deny Superbowl history. So I thought it was funny that he would say I have to tell myself that, when I'm not the one in denial. Basically, he's the one telling himself something to make himself sleep at night.

Ah, my apologies. That's what I get for only reading one post by each of you, I just recognized he was having an exchange with you, saw that 4-4 record comment, and jumped to conclusions.

DarkFlow

Banned
Eli has a special place reserved in the heart of all American's. A true Patriot.

That's not what I was getting at. He said whatever I have to tell myself to sleep at night. In short I replied back that I don't jump throw mental hoops to deny Superbowl history. So I thought it was funny that he would say I have to tell myself that, when I'm not the one in denial. Basically, he's the one telling himself something to make himself sleep at night.

Lol dude, I've already told you I don't care. NFL is not even my 2nd fav sport, it comes in a distant 3rd after NBA and MLB. I'm a cards fan, I've learned not to give a shit about winning because it will all blow up somehow in the end anyway.

Edit: also you confused me with your avatar change. I remember now you're a denver fan.

Godslay

Banned
Can we change it to "I No Reed Kap"?

Ah, my apologies. That's what I get for only reading one post by each of you, I just recognized he was having an exchange with you, saw that 4-4 record comment, and jumped to conclusions.

It's all good. I was just ribbing him anyways. I have no ill will towards the Cards.

Farooq

Banned
I am late with this, but LJ getting banned is BS. Dude is one of the better contributors to this thread.

Also Zeke, I feel the same way, I hope Romo sits out as well. That stretch after the bye is brutal.

rando14

True team player and will cause friction amongst other teams trying to get their selfish qbs to take that deal. Niners front office again showing it's best in the biz with contracts!

I laugh on the outside but I'm crying on the inside because Russ is too smart and is gonna bully Paul Allen for 22 a year!! ;_;

Top Bottom