• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 9 |OT| NO means NO

Hunter S.

Aquib Talib seems excited to come back to New England with no hard feelings just his well known amiable nature.

Talib said he learned a lot in his year and a half with the Patriots, from the coaching of Bill Belichick to facing Tom Brady in practice.

“You learn stuff,” he said about facing No. 12.

Talib bragged a little bit to the reporters when he was asked if he was surprised to see the 2-2 Patriots turn it on and go on a four-game winning streak.

“I told you,” he gloated. “You all were panicking. I told you they’ll be all right. They’ll be fine. They’ll be in the playoffs. They’ll win the division. No surprise.”

aqib-talib-boss-face-smoking-cigar-570x339.png

Dragon

Banned

Bears Should Try Freezing Their Field: In the year 2014, the Chicago Blackhawks have more wins at Soldier Field than the Chicago Bears, as noted by reader Paul Berke of Chicago.

Spinluck

To be honest it's probably my favorite Mario game. I like it a lot more than the Galaxy games and it even manages to surpass the 2D classics for me in terms of pure fun (other than Yoshi's Island but I don't consider that a Mario game anyway). You don't get much exploration like in Mario 64 but the level design is unbelievably creative, tight, and varied. That's what I'm looking for in my Mario games.

It's basically a combination of the best parts of the 2D and 3D games, in my opinion.

Speaking of masterpiece tier platformers on Wii U, DKC Tropical Freeze is a must play as well.

I think I still put the Galaxy games above it. But they are on the same plain for sure

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is godtier. Another masterpiece on Wii U.

eznark

Banned

Bears Should Try Freezing Their Field: In the year 2014, the Chicago Blackhawks have more wins at Soldier Field than the Chicago Bears, as noted by reader Paul Berke of Chicago.

lol, as noted by basically every person who talks about the Bears since the season started.

High praise from you as you have great taste in everything.

I was never fat.
Except for football teams but thank you! I think some people are just tired of platformers and more specifically Mario games but if you are into the idea of another great game in the genre 3D World will not disappoint.

bionic77

Except for football teams but thank you! I think some people are just tired of platformers and more specifically Mario games but if you are into the idea of another great game in the genre 3D World will not disappoint.
Tired of platformers?

There are no games left like Mario U and Galaxy anymore.

I am tired of the AAA open world crap.

I will say that that sunset overdrive game for Bone looks really good. I love the art and it looks like it would be fun to play. Too bad I don't play games anymore or know anyone with a boner that I could try it out at their house. Wish it was coming to PS4.

eznark

Banned
Tired of platformers?

I will say that that sunset overdrive game for Bone looks really good. I love the art and it looks like it would be fun to play. Too bad I don't play games anymore or know anyone with a boner that I could try it out at their house. Wish it was coming to PS4.

Max and the Curse of the Brotherhood is dope!

Tired of platformers?

Seeing as Yankee has gone AWOL, I'll fill in for him...

Don't feel bad bro, I wouldn't play games if I had a PS4 either.

Tired of platformers?

You know how it is, some people hate fun.

Sunset Overdrive is the first Bone game I'm envious of, it looks like a lot of fun and I like a lot of Insomniac's older games. Still not worth buying a system for, though.

Syrinx

Hard to imagine how stressed Giants and Royals fans must be. This is the good part of having all your teams suck; I don't have to worry about this!

bionic77

Its just a glorified blu ray, netflix and now finally a YT player at my house.

Thats pretty much what my PS3 turned into as well.

Fuck these consoles. For olds we don't have time for that shit!

I have to decide between new 5k iMac for my home office or refurb iMac with the old res. Need to seem them in the stores. $2,500 for the iMac seems like a bargain but if I don't need that res it will just be throwing a grand away. I am just going to use it for work which consists of email, ms word, our litigation software and the internet. Not sure I will benefit from all of those extra pixels.

eznark

Banned

I have to decide between new 5k iMac for my home office or refurb iMac with the old res. Need to seem them in the stores. $2,500 for the iMac seems like a bargain but if I don't need that res it will just be throwing a grand away. I am just going to use it for work which consists of email, ms word, our litigation software and the internet. Not sure I will benefit from all of those extra pixels.

Speak for yourself chump!

Greg

I'm playing pong tonight at 6:30 if you'd like to join

bionic77

Hard to imagine how stressed Giants and Royals fans must be. This is the good part of having all your teams suck; I don't have to worry about this!
That stress is actually pretty awesome.

I miss those moments. :(

And how the fuck is there not a ESPN widget for Yosemite yet? I see a fucking menstruation widget on the main page but nothing for ESPN?

Cmon man!

bionic77

Speak for yourself chump!
I technically do have time.

But I choose to waste it with my kids and socializing with my friends. You don't have the problem of friends and your wife and kids have come to a strange arrangement with you whereby they never get to see you or interact with you in exchange for keeping a roof over their head.

Milchjon

Sounds like you should invest in something more fruitful.

Like starving student football fans that were PTSD'd by growing up in soccer country,

Slo

I plan on buying a PS4 so I can Madden with my son. Also, I plan on GTA5 being a surrogate father while I'm at work.

My worst fear is that he'll grow up not knowing how to kill a hooker.

Fox318

I plan on buying a PS4 so I can Madden with my son. Also, I plan on GTA5 being a surrogate father while I'm at work.

Don't worry. The crippling pain of being a Vikings fan means he already knows how to kill a hooker and how to drive a party boat.

eznark

Banned
I technically do have time.

But I choose to waste it with my kids and socializing with my friends. You don't have the problem of friends and your wife and kids have come to a strange arrangement with you whereby they never get to see you or interact with you in exchange for keeping a roof over their head.

Taking them to Disney on Ice tonight fool. I hang out with the kids every night until they go to bed at 8:30. Then I have time to do whatever the fuck I want til I go to bed at 3.

I honestly feel like I have more time now than ever before because it's not like we go out during the week.

bionic77

Just introduce him to Gata.

He will teach the kid about the thug life in no time.

Sounds like you should invest in something more fruitful.

Like starving student football fans that were PTSD'd by growing up in soccer country,
Fuck that. We give enough to charity.

Get a job you hippy.

Dragon

Banned

99% of the games are the same on both platforms really which is more the problem for gaming at this point. People make such a big deal about exclusives because they're so rare. And first-party ones even rarer.

bionic77

Taking them to Disney on Ice tonight fool. I hang out with the kids every night until they go to bed at 8:30. Then I have time to do whatever the fuck I want til I go to bed at 3.

I honestly feel like I have more time now than ever before because it's not like we go out during the week.
Shit we are taking our kids to that when it comes to us this year. Let me know how they like it. I wonder if my kids have the attention span to sit and watch the whole thing.

And we socialize a lot more since we had kids. The wives use it as an excuse for the kids to play together but I see what is really happening. They are just comparing their purses and trying to get out of cooking!

eznark

Banned
Shit we are taking our kids to that when it comes to us this year. Let me know how they like it. I wonder if my kids have the attention span to sit and watch the whole thing.

And we socialize a lot more since we had kids. The wives use it as an excuse for the kids to play together but I see what is really happening. They are just comparing their purses and trying to get out of cooking!

That's what my wife does during the day. I don't participate in that shit. I have a pretty strict "no playdate" policy.

99% of the games are the same on both platforms really which is more the problem for gaming at this point. People make such a big deal about exclusives because they're so rare. And first-party ones even rarer.
Yep. First party output from both sides has been awful so far this gen. It'll pick up next year but I don't know if it'll ever reach the glory days of last gen, let alone PS2/Xbox era.

bionic77

That's what my wife does during the day. I don't participate in that shit. I have a pretty strict "no playdate" policy.
She does it in the day too. But we still like to hang with other people during the week too. And fucking weekends are always some kind of birthday party or whatever.

I think during the weekdays and weekends it is an even split between people she likes and people I like to hang out with.

It is sometimes nice to talk to intelligent people about shit! And somehow our friends are pretty diverse so there is always a lot of different food to eat if we end up going to someones house. We haven't degenerated into swinging just yet. I will leave that to Slo and his viking bros.

Yep. First party output from both sides has been awful so far this gen. It'll pick up next year but I don't know if it'll ever reach the glory days of last gen, let alone PS2/Xbox era.
Last gen was not the glory days.

PS2 era was the glory days. We had so many different games to play back then. And so many of them were good. Just look at how small the games section at stores has become since the 3 and 360 came out.

I am guessing to be fair that multiplayer really changed that. People probably don't have the need for a lot of single player experiences when all they do is play madden or destiny online.

She does it in the day too. But we still like to hang with other people during the week too. And fucking weekends are always some kind of birthday party or whatever.

I think during the weekdays and weekends it is an even split between people she likes and people I like to hang out with.

It is sometimes nice to talk to intelligent people about shit! And somehow our friends are pretty diverse so there is always a lot of different food to eat if we end up going to someones house. We haven't degenerated into swinging just yet. I will leave that to Slo and his viking bros.

Last gen was not the glory days.

PS2 era was the glory days. We had so many different games to play back then. And so many of them were good. Just look at how small the games section at stores has become since the 3 and 360 came out.

I am guessing to be fair that multiplayer really changed that. People probably don't have the need for a lot of single player experiences when all they do is play madden or destiny online.
For sure, I just meant the peak of last gen, not gaming in general. I did play a ton of games on PS3 though, but that's mosly just because I started having more money.

Glory days of gaming in general is SNES through PS2 probably.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Is this year's Madden good? I have a PS4 now and am considering picking it up, having never played a Madden before.

Actually, yeah. It's back to where it used to be. I'm not even a Madden fan, but I can recommend this year's without reservations. They even fixed the jetpack linebackers thing.

bionic77

Hard to judge the best gen.

Everyone is saying the obvious PS2 and SNES and that is a fair opinion to have as GOAT console generation.

I will go in a different direction and pick the 32 bit era. Those games have aged like garbage, but at the time it was a really exciting time to be a gamer. It felt like something new was happening every few months.

Oculus might give us that feeling again. If that doesn't I am not sure what the next step is going to be.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
why haven't we played a game yet?!

and yeah, it's good

Oh, because I suck on toast and I refuse to play as other team. I'm always up for a friendly game, but don't expect anything approximating a challenge. Spider Y 2 banana all day son.

Top Bottom