• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 9 |OT| NO means NO

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Kelce is good, but much like Orange Julius they've got to prove they can do it year in and year out. Neither one are nearly as complete as Gronk is, and even Gronk has a lot to prove to get to Sharpe/Gonzalez territory. I think all three can get to that level, Gronk is closest obviously, Kelce is probably next behind him in terms of being more complete, where Julius is last simply because he's more of a receiver than a complete TE in the mold of the SS/TG. Graham is in there as well. He's in the same boat as Julius though.

They're still fun to watch, it will be interesting to see who is the best out of all of them when it's all said and done.

I hopped on it. I've only played like an hour of SO, but it's pretty damn good so far.

Yeah I liked what I played at e3. I think Julius is damn good don't get me wrong, but he's benefited a lot from being surrounded by a full cast. Kelce Could be great who knows. Gronk is one of the best TE I've personally watched play, but that doesn't really mean anything given his injury history. Ultimately at this point in time Gronk is well on his way to the top 5 or 10 TD receptions all time, he's an elite blocker, he's explosive, he's strong, etc., but he could easily end up like Kellen Winslow or Mike Ditka who were on their way to something special, but ultimately fell apart due to their style of play.

SO is incredible, let me tell you that if you have any interest in buying any upcoming xbone games you should just jump in now. Because SO is that good.

Here's my stream everybody

That's the problem, I don't really want much else coming up, and I get my Multis on my ps4.

Konka

Banned
Greetings all. I will be coming back to the US of A for Christmas. In my recent news, I am spending Halloween with a 31 year old Spanish Au Pair from Barcelona currently living in Dublin who I've never met before.

Spinluck

Greetings all. I will be coming back to the US of A for Christmas. In my recent news, I am spending Halloween with a 31 year old Spanish Au Pair from Barcelona currently living in Dublin who I've never met before.

You know what must be done.

I cater overseas if needed.

Spinluck

SO is incredible, let me tell you that if you have any interest in buying any upcoming xbone games you should just jump in now. Because SO is that good.

Here's my stream everybody

I watched you play for a bit before I did homework yesterday.

It looked fun as hell. Wish we got more TPS that tried radical shit instead of this over saturation of first person shooters.

I don't think I'd get an Xbone for one game though. I need a little more.

Godslay

Banned
Hard to compare players. Julius is fast and very good but unless Demarius goes down it's hard to tell how dominant he is. Gronk is playing with WR's that have average talent and require no double teams while Demarius is a special talent.

I agree. I will say that in the redzone, nobody on the Broncos is as effective as he is. Part of that is that they force teams into 1 on 1 with him, and he's just too big, fast, athletic for most players to stop.

He's a terrible, but improving blocker. He's not nearly as effective as he could be outside of the redzone, but it will come with experience. Even so, he has to compete with a pretty good squad for catches like you said, so he's a hard one to gauge. Although on the other hand if you are stealing catches away from DT, Sanders, Welker, you are doing something right.

Gronk is better hands down. I was mainly using his as the standard at this point, and seeing how those guys stack up.

Yeah I liked what I played at e3. I think Julius is damn good don't get me wrong, but he's benefited a lot from being surrounded by a full cast. Kelce Could be great who knows. Gronk is one of the best TE I've personally watched play, but that doesn't really mean anything given his injury history. Ultimately at this point in time Gronk is well on his way to the top 5 or 10 TD receptions all time, he's an elite blocker, he's explosive, he's strong, etc., but he could easily end up like Kellen Winslow or Mike Ditka who were on their way to something special, but ultimately fell apart due to their style of play.

That's the problem, I don't really want much else coming up, and I get my Multis on my ps4.

That's Shannon's main gripe with Gronk. He's got HOF talent, but will his body hold up long enough to let him build the resume? Legitimate question, but if he stays healthy he'll be among the best.

Konka

Banned
A new Tony Hawk would be so awesome:( Just another THPS or even THUG style.

TonyHawkWarehouse.jpg

So here I am, doing everything I can, holding on to what I am, pretending I'm a Superman!

she's needs a dentist appointment quick
i pay for it and she suck on my dick
when we text each other i fiddle with my anus
ooooooooooo i stick a finger in it
then i fucking riddle-diddily-do
then i fucking gots to spew
upon my belly
dripped upon my shoe
someone get me a tissue

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I agree. I will say that in the redzone, nobody on the Broncos is as effective as he is. Part of that is that they force teams into 1 on 1 with him, and he's just too big, fast, athletic for most players to stop.

He's a terrible, but improving blocker. He's not nearly as effective as he could be outside of the redzone, but it will come with experience. Even so, he has to compete with a pretty good squad for catches like you said, so he's a hard one to gauge. Although on the other hand if you are stealing catches away from DT, Sanders, Welker, you are doing something right.

Gronk is better hands down. I was mainly using his as the standard at this point, and seeing how those guys stack up.

That's Shannon's main gripe with Gronk. He's got HOF talent, but will his body hold up long enough to let him build the resume? Legitimate question, but if he stays healthy he'll be among the best.

I don't think it will. I love gronk but trading him would be smart... maybe not this year since they're putting together a good group here, bUT he's too fragile. I think regardless if he's cut short he makes the hall based on his brief tenure. Anything can happen though.

UberTag

If the Bills arrive at the Broncos game 8-4, they're pretty much a lock for the playoffs.
I'm not so sure about that. They're going to lose those next two games. They'll beat Oakland to get to 9-6. Pats could be motivated to beat them Week 17... or could be content to sit their starters. Hard to say for certain but for some reason I doubt 9-7 is enough to get in this year... if only because of Buffalo's playoff drought.

Granted, the last 9-7 team to miss the playoffs in the AFC was the Titans back in 2011... but the last two seasons have been kind of weird. 9-7 teams also missed the playoffs in 2010 (Chargers), 2009 (Steelers AND Texans) and the 11-5 Patriots (along with the 9-7 Jets) missed them the year before that.

The good news is that the Bills are in good tiebreaker position with Miami right now (thanks to that Week 2 win and trouncing the Jets on the road before the bye). The Chiefs game next week is HUGE as head-to-head overrides all other tiebreakers. For that same reason, the Chargers will get wild card priority over Buffalo if they're tied at the end.

jbug617

Banned
Any of you XB1 guys want a code for the Evolve Alpha? It starts tomorrow for XB1 owners and I already got a code for being a dashboard preview member.

holy fuck dumb and dumber To looks worse every new trailer i see. makes me sad :(

I can't bring myself to watch anything about it. First movie is still one of the greatest comedies I've ever seen, and everything that has come after that has been complete dogshit. I watched the prequel on a rainy Saturday afternoon just to see if it was that good kind of bad. It wasn't, and even though everyone from the original is back on board, I have no faith in the Farrelly brothers to suddenly regain their 90s glory.

I can't bring myself to watch anything about it. First movie is still one of the greatest comedies I've ever seen, and everything that has come after that has been complete dogshit. I watched the prequel on a rainy Saturday afternoon just to see if it was that good kind of bad. It wasn't, and even though everyone from the original is back on board, I have no faith in the Farrelly brothers to suddenly regain their 90s glory.

i still quote the original all the time. as you said, one of the greatest comedies ever. the new one just looks so fucking terrible.

bionic77

holy fuck dumb and dumber To looks worse every new trailer i see. makes me sad :(
They look so old.

And they don't look as stupid either.

OG is a classic. One of the best comedies of all time. I would say the same with Ace Ventura.

Carrey gets in the comedy hall of fame just on those 2 movies.

What an absolute horrible decision to start Girffin this week. Your bye is next week! And this is first full day of practice. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Top Bottom