• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 9 |OT| NO means NO

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Glad to see I skipped out on most of this for the cavs game, which was also a shit show. Honestly what did carolina expect would happen having the offseason they did?

Bowser

Cam played the worst game of his career and yet we definitely had our chances in this game.

Those disastrous last 3 minutes of the first half are what cost us this game.

cajunator

Banned
THat game put us in excellent position. Could be a season changer. Especially winning on the road. Huge morale boost at the very least.

Thanks Steelers for Keenan Lewis. guy has been money when we needed him. Just wish we had someone opposite.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think we can safely say that as long as New Orleans has Drew Brees, the expectation is for New Orleans to win the division every year and that not winning it is unusual?

I mean that's usually how I have it penciled in at the beginning of every season anyway.

cajunator

Banned
I think we can safely say that as long as New Orleans has Drew Brees, the expectation is for New Orleans to win the division every year and that not winning it is unusual?

I mean that's usually how I have it penciled in at the beginning of every season anyway.

the division actually goes back and forth a lot. Nobody has won it twice in a row.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm probably going to get banned. I hate that on the gaming side you're not allowed to have any negative comments or concerns about a game in anyway.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
which game? what thread?

Basically I'm commenting on the latest order thread flooded with negativity. I'm arguing about the fact that the order has received mostly negative press and I'm becoming increasingly concerned with how the game turns out. I dunno why it just absolutely gets under my skin when there is a defense force. I'm definitely a fanboy or a homer on different subjects, but I always try my best to not allow that cause bias in my opinions. So when i'm honest I get attacked for being a "concern troll"

BigAT

Basically I'm commenting on the latest order thread flooded with negativity. I'm arguing about the fact that the order has received mostly negative press and I'm becoming increasingly concerned with how the game turns out. I dunno why it just absolutely gets under my skin when there is a defense force. I'm definitely a fanboy or a homer on different subjects, but I always try my best to not allow that cause bias in my opinions. So when i'm honest I get attacked for being a "concern troll"

You have almost triple the posts of the next highest poster in that thread. Maybe it's not worth bitching about anymore.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You have almost triple the posts of the next highest poster in that thread. Maybe it's not worth bitching about anymore.

I know it's not believe me, I always get into battles like this. Eventually I'm gonna put it down lol. when the dualshock might have a problem thread popped up I dominated the post counts, because anybody who was having problems was being accused of poor hygiene like greasy hands, cheeto fingers, or long fingernails.

BigAT

I know it's not believe me, I always get into battles like this. Eventually I'm gonna put it down lol. when the dualshock might have a problem thread popped up I dominated the post counts, because anybody who was having problems was being accused of poor hygiene like greasy hands, cheeto fingers, or long fingernails.

duty_calls.png

cajunator

Banned

The game will probably suck but whether it does or not you have a right to doubt it just as much as they have to praise it. Because NOBODY knows how it will turn out. You very well could be right. But what you said were valid concerns and some warriors just cannot handle detraction of their sacred cows.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

hahaha pretty much. Honestly I don't care if somebody is wrong, I care if I'm called out or defense forces trying to police a thread.

The game will probably suck but whether it does or not you have a right to doubt it just as much as they have to praise it. Because NOBODY knows how it will turn out. You very well could be right. But what you said were valid concerns and some warriors just cannot handle detraction of their sacred cows.

Yeah I completely agree. Another thread that's difficult to post anything in right now is the driveclub thread. Stay the hell out of there if you have any quarrels at all with how it's all been handled, because you will be chased right out of there.

Fantomex

hahaha pretty much. Honestly I don't care if somebody is wrong, I care if I'm called out or defense forces trying to police a thread.

Yeah I completely agree. Another thread that's difficult to post anything in right now is the driveclub thread. Stay the hell out of there if you have any quarrels at all with how it's all been handled, because you will be chased right out of there.

The age groups are what really kill conversations sometimes. A lot of us olds went through the console wars, and want nothing to do with them now. But all the Gatas on here that just turned 15 are experiencing it for the first time. They plant their flag on consoles, phones, developers, publishers and are so heavily invested that they can't accept any for of criticism. Then you got the people who hate everything like eznark. lol. I wish everyone was just nice like Cajun.

cajunator

Banned
The age groups are what really kill conversations sometimes. A lot of us olds went through the console wars, and want nothing to do with them now. But all the Gatas on here that just turned 15 are experiencing it for the first time. They plant their flag on consoles, phones, developers, publishers and are so heavily invested that they can't accept any for of criticism. Then you got the people who hate everything like eznark. lol. I wish everyone was just nice like Cajun.

:)

*hugs

Trey

I'm probably going to get banned. I hate that on the gaming side you're not allowed to have any negative comments or concerns about a game in anyway.

You can. Either go after a game nobody will defend, or be extremely correct about the game. Going at games that aren't out yet is difficult to do since the defense will (rightly) point out that you've never played it. You won't get to be correct until the game releases.

RELAYER

Banned

Really you shouldn't even care about that.

Although one time I did get banned for a post and then not replying fast enough to the challenges because I went to work. Maybe I should end all my posts with AFK

cajunator

Banned
I watched the Drew Brees 4th and touchdown Old SPice ad and it was actually pretty hilarious when Brees threw the football and knocked the robot over. The ads are stupid but kind of funny. Just the NFl.com ad for them is annoying.

MRSA

Banned
Ngata has more interceptions and passes defended than Sherman and Peterson combined this season.......mind blown.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You can. Either go after a game nobody will defend, or be extremely correct about the game. Going at games that aren't out yet is difficult to do since the defense will (rightly) point out that you've never played it. You won't get to be correct until the game releases.

Meh I'm not looking for right or wrong. I'm just defending the right to have an opinion, and that's really what it comes down to.

Really you shouldn't even care about that.

Although one time I did get banned for a post and then not replying fast enough to the challenges because I went to work. Maybe I should end all my posts with AFK

I know I shouldn't, but there are plenty of things I shouldn't care about, it's interesting seeing the logic (infuriating)

I think that's one reason I get so into it, because when the ps3 was coming out I was deeply entrenched in the console wars, and remember having the same reasoning and accusing people of the same thing. The problem is I recognize a chunk of these people... and they definitely aren't 15, and they've been there. It's amazing to me they can still be so biased and really care THAT much about a console.

ST2K

The age groups are what really kill conversations sometimes. A lot of us olds went through the console wars, and want nothing to do with them now. But all the Gatas on here that just turned 15 are experiencing it for the first time. They plant their flag on consoles, phones, developers, publishers and are so heavily invested that they can't accept any for of criticism.

Wasn't there a survey that indicated most of GAF was in their 20s?

The warriors may be older than we think.

RBH

jbu8lKcDt71YRY.png

The New York Jets' Eric Decker picked a bad week to try to rally the team's disgruntled fan base.

A well-intentioned tweet by the $36 million wide receiver sparked a Twitter war that ended with his wife, country music singer Jessie James Decker, firing back at Jets fans and, ultimately, deactivating her account.

It started Wednesday, when Decker caught serious flak on the social media site for asking his followers to explain why they love the Jets so much.

Lousy timing.

After falling to 1-7 with a six-turnover loss to the Buffalo Bills last Sunday, and after a bizarre midseason news conference in which general manager John Idzik was pilloried for rambling and painting a rosy picture of the team's outlook, the fan base was in no mood to explain its love of the team.

Decker was flooded with nasty and sarcastic tweets. That infuriated Mrs. Decker, who tweeted:

"You think he really cares what y'all think haters? He's laughing his ass alllll the way home ... Life is pretty good here, can't complain."

A few hours later, Mrs. Decker, who has 382,000 followers, removed her Twitter account.

Eric Decker seemingly meant well with his initial tweet, but it backfired.

Welcome to New York.

"You've got to expect that," he told reporters in the locker room. "Obviously, everyone's entitled to their opinion. I don't think it's against the law to try to unite or reach out to fans. When you're in the position you are, people obviously enjoy winning a lot more than losing -- I get that -- but they still love the team aspect.

"The more you can be ... personal with them, I think the more they feel part of the team," he continued. "For me, that's the biggest thing, making fans feel like they are important, because they are."

The Jets have dropped seven straight, on their way to what could be one of the worst seasons in franchise history. Decker, who left the defending AFC champion Denver Broncos to sign with the Jets, has battled a hamstring injury, contributing to his disappointing numbers -- 31 catches for 363 yards and three touchdowns.

"Obviously I wish things could be different," he said. "I didn't expect everything to be all happy and gung-ho, I knew I was going to get some sarcastic remarks, because you're always going to get it, no matter what the situation is there's always someone out there wanting attention."
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...-york-jets-lead-inadvertent-social-media-spat

Top Bottom