• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 9 |OT| NO means NO

Spinluck

League leaders in rushing:

DeMarco Murray - Romo
Arian Foster - Fitzmagic
Le'Veon Bell - Ben
Forsett - Flacco
Forte - Cutler
Morris - Washington's Garbage
McCoy - Foles

finnnnnnnnnnallllllllllly

Lynch - our first mobile QB

Ivory - Geno
Miller - Tanny

So 1 of the top ten running backs in the league has a "dual threat" eating his touches. "Dual threats" work because the ball is always in their hands. PA, read option, option routes, etc.

It absolutley cannibalizes touches from the person who is ostensibly the strongest runner on the team, the fucking running back. Ask Seattle fans if they agree.

Where are Luck and Richardson?

Best case for a QB is a guy who is always looking to pass but can run when needed. Rodgers and Luck come to mind. You don't see many (any?) designed runs for those guys.

I don't mind a little read action when you have a guy like Tannehill but only if it's working, otherwise put it on the shelf.

cdyhybrid

I'd argue that Romo and Rodgers are the same type of "mobile" as Russell, but yeah. Lynch needs more carries. He's gone after this season, might as well run him into the ground.

I realize Rodgers isn't on that list, just saying.

Slo

DeMarco Murray - Romo
Arian Foster - Fitzmagic
Le'Veon Bell - Ben
Forsett - Flacco
Forte - Cutler
McCoy - Foles

Ivory - Geno
Miller - Tanny

So 1 of the top ten running backs in the league has a "dual threat" eating his touches. "Dual threats" work because the ball is always in their hands. PA, read option, option routes, etc.

It absolutley cannibalizes touches from the person who is ostensibly the strongest runner on the team, the fucking running back. Ask Seattle fans if they agree.

I can only think of one NFL example, but wasn't Alfred Morris notably better when RG3 had all of his original parts?

eznark

Banned
I'd argue that Romo and Rodgers are the same type of "mobile" as Russell, but yeah. Lynch needs more carries. He's gone after this season, might as well run him into the ground.

Romo? lol no. Rodgers and Russell are fairly comparable though, especially before Rodgers' concussions. Though Rodgers trusts his arm way more obviously and if he ran a bunch of read option teams would ignore the RB to get a chance to kill the greatest QB in football.

zychi

Banned
took the job i asked about a few days ago. they ended up offering me a day shift. all is good.

just ordered a destiny ps4 bundle so i'm back in the ps4 game, gonna sell the game if nfl gaf bros want a cheap copy($40 shipped) pm me.

Yeah, sad thing is read option, bootlegs, and rollouts mostly exist to cover for a weakness, either in the QB or o-line. No point in designing a run for Rodgers, if the ball is going to be in his hands you let him pass, otherwise just hand off.

MechDX

looking at that list, I didn't realize Arian was playing so well for some reason

I posted some twitter stats a few pages back from John McClain showing that it is arguable he is the best back in the league right now. Just behind Murry in yardage with one less game he sat out and one game with only 6 yards.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The Saints-Panthers game was telling. It reenforces the fact that the Saints will probably take the South and they're still to be taken seriously. It makes our comeback win feel even better.

Right now the Detroit Lions are gunning for the #1 seed. I expect a first round bye and our games at home.

It'll come down to us and the Packers and they don't have an elite defense like ours so I think we'll prevail. I don't want us to get a Wildcard seed and have to play the Saints in NO.

jWILL253

Banned

DeMarco Murray - Romo
Arian Foster - Fitzmagic
Le'Veon Bell - Ben
Forsett - Flacco
Forte - Cutler
McCoy - Foles

Ivory - Geno
Miller - Tanny

This ignores the last couple yeaes where Lynch was able to put up Pro Bowl numbers despite Wilson, or when Morris was thriving with a healthy RG3.

Lynch is suffering due to bad playcalling and questionable personell decisions. I'm pretty sure Darrell Bevell hates the guy...

eznark

Banned
This ignores the last couple yeaes where Lynch was able to put up Pro Bowl numbers despite Wilson, or when Morris was thriving with a healthy RG3.

Lynch is suffering due to bad playcalling and questionable personell decisions. I'm pretty sure Darrell Bevell hates the guy...

When RGIII was completing 66% of his passes and never throwing interceptions?

Yeah. Having a very efficient passing game is amazing for your running attack.

The Saints-Panthers game was telling. It reenforces the fact that the Saints will probably take the South and they're still to be taken seriously. It makes our comeback win feel even better.

Right now the Detroit Lions are gunning for the #1 seed. I expect a first round bye and our games at home.

It'll come down to us and the Packers and they don't have an elite defense like ours so I think we'll prevail. I don't want us to get a Wildcard seed and have to play the Saints in NO.

If wishes were Uggs you'd be Tammy, kas!

Fox318

VFQ700w.png

ShaneB

Getting sucked into the Halloween mood. I'm not much for horror movies any more, but perhaps I can watch something scary tonight.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
If wishes were Uggs you'd be Tammy, kas!

Check the NFC standings. 2nd place with many, many key players out coming back healthy after our bye week.

You want to double Golden Tate? What about Megatron? What about Theo Riddick on a checkdown?

And while our guys are healing up we can sit back and watch the Cardinals and Cowboys beat each other up.

Huge possibility I'll be at the Dolphins vs. Lions game next Sunday before work starts.

Defend the Den 2014.

Tom Penny

I realize Rodgers isn't on that list, just saying.

Greg Cosell said Alex Smith and Russell Wilson are asked to do the least out of any QB's in the league as far as passing goes.

We joke about lolSouth but the Saints are going to win the division, they are going to win a home playoff game against whichever poor sap ends up 2nd in the East or West and I could see them going into a dome in Detroit and Arizona and winning a divisional game as well.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Greg Cosell said Alex Smith and Russell Wilson are asked to do the least out of any QB's in the league as far as passing goes.

Whereas Matthew Stafford is a pocket QB with elite talent who can sling the ball anywhere he wants and will go out and win you games in the 4th quarter when push comes to shove.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Has he gotten to 2 wins over winning teams yet?

NFC Playoff Picture:

1.) Arizona Cardinals
2.) Detroit Lions
3.) Dallas Cowboys
4.) New Orleans Saints

Wildcard

5.) Philadelphia Eagles
6.) Green Bay Packers

We've already beaten two teams on this list.

The inevitable Cowboys/Lions collapse will be amazing...

These ain't the same old Lions whereas the Cowboys are still run by Jerry Jones.

Mike Clay ‏@MikeClayNFL 35m35 minutes ago
Panthers offensive TDs per game during Cam Newton's career:
2011 - 2.9
2012 - 2.5
2013 - 2.3
2014 - 1.9

The regression is absolutely real

Yeah I'm really worried that's going to happen. Don't want to go to the Superdome for a playoff game.

Nah. Just another team that starts buying into their own hype forgetting where their bread is buttered.

zychi

Banned
Got to play a few hours of CODAW on 360 today. Pretty fun. Def better than Ghosts. Still too many campers and bullshit kills for my liking. Hopefully thats changed in the new gen versions. Won't be pulling me away from WOW or Halo, but if I can get a cheap copy for ~$35 I might grab it for xbone. I found it for $35 on pc, but not sure if itll last long with a playerbase.

That is pretty bad...

And its a combination of a lot of misfiring parts.

- Braindead playcaller Mike Shula
- Oft-injured or ineffective running backs
- Calvacade of wide receivers
- Worst Offensive Line in Football

and

Inconsistent play (that this year has been more bad than good) from the Quarterback. When Cam's good, he's good. But when Cam's bad, HE'S BAAAD.

I think the offense needs a complete re-tooling in the off-season if we want to ever get to a competitive state.

Top Bottom