• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 9 |OT| NO means NO

The Saints-Panthers game was telling. It reenforces the fact that the Saints will probably take the South and they're still to be taken seriously. It makes our comeback win feel even better.

Right now the Detroit Lions are gunning for the #1 seed. I expect a first round bye and our games at home.

It'll come down to us and the Packers and they don't have an elite defense like ours so I think we'll prevail. I don't want us to get a Wildcard seed and have to play the Saints in NO.

Packers have an easy second half while we have some really tough games on the road. I really think the Arizona game will determine our fate. If we win that we'll probably get the wildcard at least. If we lose we're fucked, because I just don't see us finishing ahead of the Packers. That last game of the season is gonna be brutal.

eznark

Banned
And its a combination of a lot of misfiring parts.

- Braindead playcaller Mike Shula
- Oft-injured or ineffective running backs
- Calvacade of wide receivers
- Worst Offensive Line in Football

and

Inconsistent play (that this year has been more bad than good) from the Quarterback. When Cam's good, he's good. But when Cam's bad, HE'S BAAAD.

I think the offense needs a complete re-tooling in the off-season if we want to ever get to a competitive state.

One of the really big issues I've seen this month is his inability to hit his checkdown receivers. It seems (no numbers to back this up) that the Panthers are always, always in 2nd/3rd and long. He has been just skying those check downs and swing passes which may only be 2-3 yard gains but 2nd & 7 is so much better than 2nd & 10. Little stuff like that is incredibly important, and he just seems so nonchalant on those passes and it is costing them.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
tempkbhall23123--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

I can't hate you, Squall. Your Cards are doing what the loser Niners couldn't and are ending the Seahawks menace. But don't get all this nonsense in your post history when Manziel will end up with 4 or 6 Lombardi Trophies
We don't have to like all the same things to be friends, brother Squicken. Damn right, fuck the hawks! Let them play drama games in the locker room while we win games and conquer the division. I can't begin to fathom that you think Manziel is good, I'm going to tell myself that you're just trolling and sticking to this stance until he washes out of the league ala Tebow.
The year we draft Manziel we already have the same amount of wins as we did all of last year. Coincidence? I think not.
As long as his garbage ass stays on the bench, you can keep winning! Seriously, what stud prodigy and media darling can't even beat out Hoyer? I like Hoyer and all but c'mon, this is the kid that has Football in his nickname. Has there been such ridiculous hyperbole around a scrub before?

LevelNth

Banned
One of the really big issues I've seen this month is his inability to hit his checkdown receivers. It seems (no numbers to back this up) that the Panthers are always, always in 2nd/3rd and long. He has been just skying those check downs and swing passes which may only be 2-3 yard gains but 2nd & 7 is so much better than 2nd & 10. Little stuff like that is incredibly important, and he just seems so nonchalant on those passes and it is costing them.
Last night was one of the worst games in regards to passing effectively and accurately I've ever seen from any QB.

And I'm a Niners fan.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Packers have an easy second half while we have some really tough games on the road. I really think the Arizona game will determine our fate. If we win that we'll probably get the wildcard at least. If we lose we're fucked, because I just don't see us finishing ahead of the Packers. That last game of the season is gonna be brutal.

I don't see whats so hard about our second half schedule.

We have the Dolphins, Bears, Bucs and Vikings at home, On the road we have Cardinals, Patriots, Bears and Packers.

I think we beat the Dolphins at home Week 10, then split the Cardinals and Patriots game. I see 11-5 as a worse case scenario. Week 17 will probably be our hardest game but hopefully we don't put ourselves in a position where if we lose its Wild Card, if we win its a Divisional title.

Zeke

So Witten got into it with randle at practice over his booking video dropped."Alright, don't say another (expletive) word!" Witten yelled at Randle. "Alright? Don't say nothin' from here on out. Don't talk about it." Is what he told randle per Mike Fisher. Got into it with Dez but I haven't seen any quotes.

the media always reports its a circus and the players/coaches always respond that its overblown.... every. time.

doesn't mean it's a circus and doesn't mean it's not overblown but what do you expect wussle to say? "Nah it's pretty bad..." What did you expect harbs to say? "Goin' to michigan after we go 7-9 this year breh"

the truth in these situations is that its somewhere in the middle. no it's not a nuclear war in the lockerroom but it's not 100% copacetic either. in the case of harbs we know he is probably gone after this year but the situation isn't so bad that we can no longer win. in the case of the seachickens no the lockerroom isn't fine and dandy but the situation isn't so bad that they can no longer win

KaYotiX

Banned
Ps4 numbers look like 360 last gen and look how it ended up.

Like my ps4 but it doesn't get much play atm with the good exclusives on xbox One and Wii U right now.

cdyhybrid

the media always reports its a circus and the players/coaches always respond that its overblown.... every. time.

doesn't mean it's a circus and doesn't mean it's not overblown but what do you expect wussle to say? "Nah it's pretty bad..." What did you expect harbs to say? "Goin' to michigan after we go 7-9 this year breh"

the truth in these situations is that its somewhere in the middle. no it's not a nuclear war in the lockerroom but it's not 100% copacetic either. in the case of harbs we know he is probably gone after this year but the situation isn't so bad that we can no longer win. in the case of the seachickens no the lockerroom isn't fine and dandy but the situation isn't so bad that they can no longer win

Agreed. I'm pretty sure there isn't a single locker room in the league that is 100% copacetic.

Konka

Banned
The PS4 is ahead of the PS2 in a similar time frame. Just fyi.

Sure. But the PS2 and Wii were severely supply constrained and how do the Xbox one and wiiu numbers look compared to ps360 numbers?

Maybe my memory is failing but those just don't look like impressive numbers.

Agreed. I'm pretty sure there isn't a single locker room in the league that is 100% copacetic.

right, and then this is what the media does. they create fires where there is nothing, then the players have to answer about things that don't actually matter, and then it becomes a distraction because you're having to answer stupid fucking questions by the same guys who made the situation way overblown. love that media!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Sure. But the PS2 and Wii were severely supply constrained and how do the Xbox one and wiiu numbers look compared to ps360 numbers?

Maybe my memory is failing but those just don't look like impressive numbers.

Fuck, I don't know. I just posted that image to troll some nerds!

i no longer like your opinions. otherway around SO is boring and meh, evil within was very re4 like

wtf did you play sunset for 5 minutes? i agree it starts off slow and kinda boring but once you get new abilities its game on.

evil within is nowhere NEAR re4. some of the chapters are cool and some are fucking terrible. couple that with the game being a technical mess and i can't forgive it!

Top Bottom