• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
He puts his damn weight down with the 2nd step.

He was moving backwards, not looking back. looking at the play in front of him, so what if he was putting his weight down?

He's 6'5 300 lbs, he's not a ballerina.

There were questionable shots on Matthew Stafford as well including one where a Packers defensive lineman rolled into his leg.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Just off the top of my head:

Which four QBs from that list is Fatford easily better than?

• Rodgers - Ok, fine
  • Peyton - One more year left, if that. 38 years old
  • Big Ben - 32 years old, I think most GMs go with the younger stud
  • Brady - 37 years old, one more year, if that
  • Wussle - I disagree with this one. Russell has his ring, can't take that away from him but so does Joe Flacco
  • Romo - Possibly? This is 50/50 with most league GMs. Tony Romo is 34 years old.
  • Rivers - A couple of years ago, sure. After this playoff miss, no.
  • Luck - I'd wait for these playoff results to determine

I'm looking at this from a General Manager perspective. Sure you can grab Tom Brady or Tony Romo but how many years do they have left in the tank? If I'm a GM, and building a team, Matthew Stafford is near the top of the draft board. I'm not drafting a 37 year old QB like Tom Brady.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
True, Luck needs to reach at least a couple of AFC title games before he can match Stafford's vast postseason résumé.

Matthew Stafford has had to carry the burden of being the franchise QB of the Detroit Lions and took over the year after the 2008, 0-16 season. Andrew Luck, nor any QB has had to carry that burden.

He's taken over a "cursed" franchise one with only one playoff victory since 1958 (against the Cowboys, 1991) and has still managed to smash every single Lions QB record before the age of 26.

Give the guy his credit.

Stafford has led three fourth-quarter comebacks in 2014, tying a career high for one season and bringing his career total to 13. Since 2011, only Tony Romo of the Dallas Cowboys (13) has engineered more come-from-behind wins than Stafford's 11. And while many have pegged Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck as the NFL's comeback king, Stafford has eight come-from-behind wins in the fourth quarter to Luck's seven since 2012.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...hew-stafford-has-become-the-new-comeback-king

The Packers and their fanbase are acting like they just won the Superbowl but did Matthew Stafford have any turnovers today? We still finished 11-5, a lot of it due to Matthew Stafford, and we have a playoff game this Sunday.

Can't even complain.

Restore the Roar.

cajunator

Banned
Id rather 36 year old Brees again next year than Stafford ever.
If there was one younger QB Id put my teams trust in it would be andrew Luck.

Ah shit cajun, forgot about Brees :(

Matthew Stafford has had to carry the burden of being the franchise QB of the Detroit Lions and took over the year after the 2008, 0-16 season. Andrew Luck, nor any QB has had to carry that burden.

He's taken over a "cursed" franchise one with only one playoff victory since 1958 (against the Cowboys, 1991) and has still managed to smash every single Lions QB record before the age of 26.

Give the guy his credit.

How many playoff victories since Stafford broke the curse?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas must hate this OT

It actually got a laugh out of me. Took a lot of thought and work so I can't even hate.

Even though PackersGAF are acting like they just won the Superbowl, the Lions still finished 11-5 and have a playoff game this Sunday, which I believe we'll win.

I hate this fucking smug avatar.

cajunator

Banned
Ah shit cajun, forgot about Brees :(

How many playoff victories since Stafford broke the curse?

eh. Hes had a bad year. The whole team...has had a shit year.
the WRs arent getting any separation though, so Brees has to be on point with every throw, and most of the time with heavy pressure right in his facemask. I honestly wonder how many QBs young or old could have done much with the way the offense played this year for the Saints. When Terron Armstead went out two games ago I knew it was basically over. He was that important.

Skele7on

Banned
The packers game was horrible :\ God damnnn horrible.

lets fuck up them cowboys though....

Lets do this!!! Also the hell is that Stafford picture?

Hey Kas I gotta get this off my chest so please forgive me but your statements are just getting out of hand.

Every time you talk about Russell you say well he has a great D, and is unproven. Then every time we talk about defense you say the Lions > Seahawks.

So let me gets this right. The Lions have a better defense than the Seahawks. The Lions have a better O-Line than the Seahawks. The Lions have a better WR core than the Seahawks. The Lions have a better QB than the Seahawks. The Lions had an easier schedule (looking at SOS metric).

So why are they not just you know better?

Lie so much you forgot to connect the dots on your lies. It's kris kross up, down sideways and out your ass at this point.

I mean I know it's all jokes, and trolls but at least put some thought into your troll. Make your lies elaborate you know? Make sure the dots connect at least. Even if you have stupid statements at least put the time and effort into those statement. Don't insult our intelligence dammit!

Like for example I can say Eli > Peyton (which is a stupid statement), but then I would back it up with 2 rings > 1 ring. You see? Even if the original statement is horse shit, at least I can back it up with horse shit facts. You can't even do that when it comes to Stafford.

With one person you would argue using stats, and another person you would argue having less weapons, but then again 3 post later to someone else say but you guys have the best weapons. You gotta stick to one point and hammer that point.

For example let say you make the statement that Stafford is a beast, and he has no help. His WR are trash, his defense is trash and he is a one man team, but 2 seconds later you say well Lions #1 defense.

It's like well you're saying Lions #1 defense + Beast QB + beast WR, yet y'all still can't win? You see how insane that sounds? Your fucking statements don't add up.

I would respect you more if you say some dumb shit like well Stafford is a beast but our D suck and he can't win it alone, but nah you say some shit like Stafford is a beast and our D is #1 and we still suck. Well.. then that must mean either your Stafford statement is wrong or your D is #1 is wrong.

TL:DR Be a better troll. This some 3rd grade level shit.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Hey Kas I gotta get this off my chest so please forgive me but your statements are just getting out of hand.

*snip*

I've actually said my praises about Russell Wilson. You can find past post(s), the guy is clutch and has a hell of an arm and wheels. And he's a Superbowl winner.

But as a pocket passer, franchise QB he is not better than Matthew Stafford. If you take Russell Wilson and put him on the 2011 Detroit Lions playoff team his stats do not even come close, I can guarantee you that.

Wilson is a great QB but he's also had the luxury of having the 2nd best defense this year, and the best defense the last couple of years plus a running game which Stafford has rarely had.

And as for this *snip*

It's like well you're saying Lions #1 defense + Beast QB + beast WR, yet y'all still can't win? You see how insane that sounds? Your fucking statements don't add up.

Not to take any credit away from the Seahawks, but I wish we got the chance to play Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Lindley, Austin Davis twice a year.

We're still 11-5 and have a playoff game this week, so my statements do add up. I predicted 11 wins for us this year and a playoff berth for the Lions. How many other people did?

We lost to the Green Bay Packers on the road and PackerGAF is having a collective orgasm. Let them have it.

d2ytX8A.gif

Doubt this team at your own peril. By the Football Gods, I will still believe until we're knocked out of the playoffs.

Restore the Roar.

He was moving backwards, not looking back. looking at the play in front of him, so what if he was putting his weight down?

He's 6'5 300 lbs, he's not a ballerina.

There were questionable shots on Matthew Stafford as well including one where a Packers defensive lineman rolled into his leg.

I dunno, but if I was walking backwards and felt something underneath my left foot I wouldn't proceed to put all my weight down and raise my right foot, but maybe he's so big he doesn't realize when he is stepping on something other than ground.

cajunator

Banned
One hilarious statistic in this messed up Saints season.
We were 3-2 against teams that won their division, including splitting with the Panthers.
What a frustrating team.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Not worth the time it takes to click the ignore button.

I just ignore his act—it used to be funny though.

I think I'm going to cook some bacon this morning.

Would you like to join me Spinluck? Don't worry, I'll do the cooking. Maybe we can hash it out and talk about the current state of Nintendo and why they're so good yet frustrating at the same time.

Not to take any credit away from the Seahawks, but I wish we got the chance to play Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Lindley, Austin Davis twice a year.

:jnc Kas please. Go check Fatfords career stats against the NFC West before you leap blindly into new ways to embarrass yourself.

RBH

Just landed at the Atlanta airport.

Let me check the score of the Falcons/Panthers game........maybe the Falcons mounted a comeback in the second half!

*checks score on phone*

* hangs head in shame*

yioV1.gif

Fuck this goddamn season. :(

Spinluck

I think I'm going to cook some bacon this morning.

Would you like to join me Spinluck? Don't worry, I'll do the cooking. Maybe we can hash it out and talk about the current state of Nintendo and why they're so good yet frustrating at the same time.

If we hangout, I'll do the cooking.

Go Pack. Hopefully Seattle won't manhandle them too badly should they face one another again.

Munn needs to let Rodgers take water breaks before and after each rigorous pegging session, anyone with half a brain knows that dehydration story in Tampa is bullshit.

Striker

I keep reading Perry Fewell's contract will not be renewed. Goody.

Now the situation to re-sign or not re-sign JPP. He will certainly test the market and someone will give him $14M a year. If so, good luck.

squicken

Great OP, Bucket!

Mort saying Idzik is gone too, so congrats to Fox. Half the league needs a QB, Jets included. Good luck to whoever gets that job and has to find one

Go Cowboys and Patriots!!

Hard to say I "love" Black Monday, but as a perpetual loser bro, the bloodsport is all I have

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You've played Cutler, Clausen, a rookie twice, the entire NFC South, Geno Smith and Kyle Orton this year.

Jay Cutler, despite his douchiness is far better than any of those NFC West QBs I listed, talent wise and statistically.

That rookie, Teddy Bridgewater, has statistics somewhat similar to Russell Wilson, as a rookie. By far the best rookie QB of the year and unfortunately I think he'll only get better.

And Kyle Orton?

post-34362-Kyle-Orton-Jack-Daniels-gif-ITjz.gif

All better than any of the Quarterbacks in the NFC West, sans Russell Wilson. The Rams should've unleashed the Dragon a bit earlier and they could've potentially taken that Cardinals Wildcard spot.

Wes

venison crêpe
Panthers / Steelers / Colts / Cowboys

Wheres the Draft Pick order at? Bucs and Titans getting shiny new quarterbacks? Huzzah!

watershed

Banned
I'm rooting for the Cowboys just to get the dirty ass Lions out of the playoffs. No one wants to watch their team play against dirty players.

Hammer24

Banned
YES, WE DID IT!!! Tanking, Bucs style - Mariota here we come!!! *does-the-happy-dance

Now looking forward to many weeks of nightmares of us trading for Cutler...

oneHeero

Cowboys vs lions will be a good game. I'm excited, tough run d but the Cowboys haven't gone away from the run when it's been tough. I hope Romo stays on fire.

Top Bottom