• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

Schefter saying the Bears fired Phil Emery

rjjmkx.gif

Vio-Lence

Banned
Rams should race to hire Trestman. Desperately need to fix the offense
He's been a spectacular failure in his second year at every NFL stop. Probably not a good idea to hire doctor death.

Glad the Bears cleaned house but I don't have any confidence they will hire the right people to right the ship.

Really wish Philbin was getting the ax today. Ross said he needed to see improvement this season and guess what, the team finished 8 and fucking 8 again. The team collapsed in December again. The team got embarrassed by the shitstain Jets again.

The Mike Wallace ordeal is the cherry on top of this cake of dog shit. A guy just refuses to play the second half of a game right after his team scores a TD and is playing well? Are you fucking kidding me? Mike Wallace is a selfish bitch and I hope he isn't on the team next year but this is just one more example of Philbin being an awful leader.

Look how the Jets played for their coach. A 3 win team knowing their coach is gone tomorrow and they play their hearts out. Meanwhile the Dolphins continue to reflect the decrepit nature of their HC as they sleepwalk through yet another disappointment.

Fuck this team. Fuck Stephen Ross and his bullshit about wanting to see improvement.

Also, good morning everyone, how are you all doing this fine Monday? :)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Amazing OP. What inspired the Muslim themed thread?

Just to hate on Kas some more?

Basically.

Bionic can elaborate more since he seems to remember it best.

I'm sure Kas will claim that there was a second stomper like this is the Zapruder film or something.

He's already spouting crazy by saying he'd rather play the NFC West than the NFC North.

RIP rex and mike smith

to be honest, I think the mike smith firing is just a little unfair considering all he has done.

What has he really done.

He had one of the most talented teams in the league for five years and could only get one playoff win out of it, including getting blown the fuck out by the 9-7 Giants and the Packers AT HOME. You could argue that they lost a lot of talent over the past two years whether through injury or departure, but he still showed that he couldn't coach the guys he had up.

Look at yesterday for example. They quit on him in a game that would have won them the division and a playoff bid.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m6 minutes ago
Michigan has told its biggest boosters a deal for Jim Harbaugh is done and a press conference is scheduled for Tuesday, per sources.

Just in case there was any doubt with the whole Raiders thing that cropped up.

Also:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m1 minute ago
Look for Jack Del Rio to emerge in OAK, ATL to contact Rex, SF to approach Jim Mora several teams request Adam Gase. M. Shanahan wants Chi

Is someone actually willing to give Jack Del Rio another head coach position? Very definition of a solid coordinator who has no business being a head coach at the NFL level, IMO.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

There never was any doubt because there's not really a choice between those two.

College coaching jobs are so damn cushy that it's somewhat surprising that more don't downgrade into that area. Jon Gruden's job is the only thing better.

Dolphins player after the game:

"Man, I'm part of this team and this organization and I don't understand how the hell some decisions that get made around here get made. And I ain't alone, neither."

Philbin has completely lost the team and somehow this gets him a glowing endorsement from Stephen Ross. Fucking circus of dipshits.

I'd rather be a Jets fan right now.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Teams cleaning house!

Broncos have a nice relaxing bye week coming.

I'm not sure I want any part of the Stillers right now, so go Ravens.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I am surprised that Sean Payton hasn't been fired in NO.

I am glad that the Giants lost yesterday. It was a lost season and we went from the 13th pick to the 9th pick just by losing yesterday. We need defensive line help in the worst way IMO. I'd love to draft a big time DT to pair with Hankins or a DE to play opposite Ayers (See what I did there?)

Vio-Lence

Banned
I would be incredibly disappointed if the Bears hire Shanny. Leatherface is past his prime and the Cutler enabling needs to stop.

Draxal

Also:

Is someone actually willing to give Jack Del Rio another head coach position? Very definition of a solid coordinator who has no business being a head coach at the NFL level, IMO.

Seems to be a weak cast of Coordinator candidates.

You have Bowles (who flamed out in Philly), assuming SF is going with Fangio or Tomsula (49er fans have floated this name) and Quinn from Seattle.

Problem with Quinn is that he'll be coaching up to either the SB or Conference game, and most teams will want to have their staffs by then.

I am surprised that Sean Payton hasn't been fired in NO.

I am glad that the Giants lost yesterday. It was a lost season and we went from the 13th pick to the 9th pick just by losing yesterday. We need defensive line help in the worst way IMO. I'd love to draft a big time DT to pair with Hankins or a DE to play opposite Ayers (See what I did there?)

I want a stud lt in this draft., I don't think Beatty is gone after but will done after next season.

There never was any doubt because there's not really a choice between those two.

College coaching jobs are so damn cushy that it's somewhat surprising that more don't downgrade into that area. Jon Gruden's job is the only thing better.
I don't disagree its all but done in Michigan but Harbaugh doesn't strike me as the "cushy" job type. His ego won't allow him to sit pat for long. If he gets that program in order, he'll make his way back to the NFL is due time.

brentech

I honestly think the Lions would have had a better chance to win with Chase Daniels or another respectable backup at QB. You can't throw 40 times and complete less than 50% of your passes. So many Stafford throws were way over the head / to the side of an open receiver. And largely because he thinks he's too good to throw with respectably proper form.
If Green Bay had total lockdown on the WRs, sure, okay. But that just wasn't the case.

If that was my franchise QB, I'd seriously have a hard time watching that team. It's not like this is one time problem.

Suh will get a hefty sum from someone, but is Detroit that team? All that talk before the game and that defensive front did fuck all.

Best D lineman on the field below:

B6BoppLCEAAe5Fq.jpg

Draxal

I don't disagree its all but done in Michigan but Harbaugh doesn't strike me as the "cushy" job type. His ego won't allow him to sit pat for long. If he gets that program in order, he'll make his way back to the NFL is due time.

Harbaugh is a coach who wants complete control of player personnel (imho) and needs to have a constant flow of new personnel as the old personnel who gets tired of him, he screams perfect fit for college football for me.

I know its an embedded thought that the Giants are going to let JPP walk but I'm not so sure. They have no depth behind him right now outside of Demontre Moore and Ayers and I think they'll work a deal in the 10 million/yr range.

Harbaugh is a coach who screams wants complete control of player personnel and needs to have a constant flow of new personnel as the old personnel who gets tired of him, he screams perfect fit for college football for me.
Sure but you're fooling yourself if you don't think he wants to coach at the NFL level. It will happen in time.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Who or what the fuck is gata? I assume that it's alligatorjandro.

Parcells style.

Draxal said:
want a stud lt in this draft., I don't think Beatty is gone after but will done after next season.

The OL gelled in pass pro towards the end of the year. They completely stoned the vaunted Rams front seven so I'm not thinking that it's a must update. However, we had ZERO push up front with the DL and it created problems throughout the defense. Upgrade the DL and create a pass rush with the front four and all of a sudden the run d looks good and the secondary looks much better when they don't have to cover as long.

Crisco

Banned
Ron Rivera's average record through 4 years: 8.25-7.75 (basically 8-8)

John Fox's average record through 9 years with the Panthers: 8.1-7.9 (basically 8-8)

I think JR has a type when it comes to head coaches. Stunningly average

Well they both took over dumpster fire teams that had just 1 win the previous year. I think Fox did more with less, especially early on, but could never sustain it with some talented rosters. 12-4 last year was a bit of smoke and mirrors, every realistic Panthers fan knew that, and then the cap situation dictated a decline this year. We'll see what he does next year with the most talented roster we've had in recent memory. Rivera may be average, but Getts is a superstar.

Steelers are done without the Leveon diamond. Patriots and Broncos are praying the Steelers take out the Ravens.

Just because the Ravens beat up on a bunch of bad teams this year does not make them good. Blake Bortles and Case Keenum destroyed that secondary, I doubt two of the best passers in the league are worried.

bionic77

Parcells style.

The OL gelled in pass pro towards the end of the year. They completely stoned the vaunted Rams front seven so I'm not thinking that it's a must update. However, we had ZERO push up front with the DL and it created problems throughout the defense. Upgrade the DL and create a pass rush with the front four and all of a sudden the run d looks good and the secondary looks much better when they don't have to cover as long.
How the hell did you not know who Gata was?

And save that loser talk for the offseason thread.

Right now you are supposed to be cheering for Bizarro Elis team (Ben causes women to cry when he sexes them without consent, and Eli cries when the reverse happens!). Once Based Bell returns we could make some noise!

Draxal

Parcells style.

I had issues with Fewell, but my concern with the offensive line is that the Giants FO always looked short term with it and not long term and that's what caused the disaster the last 3 years of that o line

Beatty is not the long term solution that position imho (health concerns), and we now have a chance to really solidify a line that while making progress still has holes and is paper thin. And the run blocking was still awful.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I know its an embedded thought that the Giants are going to let JPP walk but I'm not so sure. They have no depth behind him right now outside of Demontre Moore and Ayers and I think they'll work a deal in the 10 million/yr range.

This is going to sound crazy I know, but I don't think I want JPP back at that price. He is too inconsistent. I recognize that the Giants as a whole are inconsistent but the only way out of that type of malaise is what they have been doing more of lately with the "Captain's drafts". I feel like it would be rewarding someone for turning it on at the second half of a contract year. I'll pass on that.

One point I'll make in regards to that is the ripple effect OBJ has had. He has been consistent throughout the year after he started playing. Constant effort and it has elevated the offense. Suddenly Ruben Randle had 12 catches for 290 yards and a TD over his last two games. Suddenly Eli looks like he did in 2008 and 2009. I don't think it's a coincidence. I bet that next year we don't see the same type of concentration lapses from Cruz as well.

FYI: The Madden 15 intro scenario is still somehow possible.

These things need to happen though:

Lions beat the Cowboys
Panthers beat the Cardinals

Seattle beats Detroit
Carolina beats Green Bay in Green Bay(!) lolno

Top Bottom