• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

Camwi

suh.gif

Hard to tell the intent. Suh is 6'5, 300 lbs and as you can see TJ Lang (#70) kind of pushes/grabs (?) his jersey so as big as Suh is you can see where his momentum is.

Either way, big deal, people already don't like him so they'll jump to conclusions. I don't want a nice defensive lineman anyways.

I would and those teams he wouldn't start on like the Patriots, Broncos and Saints have old/aging QBs close to retirement. Stafford is only 26 years old.

Really? You can't tell from that gif whether Lang is pushing Suh towards Rodgers or pulling Suh towards himself? Really?

Hammer24

Banned
Congrats buddy!

Well thx buddy! Took a lot of effort and oline rotation until we got the safety sack we needed - but in the end it was totally worth it.
BTW, if we don´t draft a QB with the #1, I´ll personally rent ad space in Tampa and lead the "Fire Lovie" team...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
@RapSheet
Expect #Bears coach Marc Trestman to make a strong case to save his job. Among arguments are higher passer ratings for QBs not named Cutler

jnc

Just going over the replays form Bengals @ Steelers.

Collinsworth does not respect his old team. He let them HAVE it last night. Flat out said they needed to win since they weren't gonna do shit in the playoffs as the 5 seed.

I've calmed down a bit from yesterday but I'm still not confident about the Lions at Dallas. The optimist in me says that the Lions should play well in a dome on turf. We've blasted Dallas at home before, in fact just a couple years ago. Their pass rush isn't great so Stafford should have time, but you never know with this o-line. Ultimately though we have a bad offense that isn't consistent, so it's hard to guarantee anything.

I expect a high scoring game - the question is whether the Lions can score more than 21 points. Romo is gonna dice us, that's just reality. Dallas has a great o-line which should keep the pressure off him, and when teams stop our d-line we look like utter shit (see: CAR, NE, GB).

Couple of tweets on the Jets:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m3 minutes ago
Jets announce that owner Woody Johnson informed Rex Ryan and John Idzik of their firings this morning. Jets pursuing a new coach and GM

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 7m7 minutes ago
Jets management recognized how hard the team played for Rex Ryan, including yesterday, but felt a change was needed. #nyj

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago
Last time, #Jets owner Woody Johnson felt he got duped into thinking Idzik had football knowledge. With Casserly & Wolf, won’t happen now

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago
Woody Johnson: “Over the years, Rex brought the Jets a bold confidence & a couple of great post-season runs, which all of us will remember”

Re: Suh, this is my first time saying this but

Oh man, normally this is a pet peeve of mine, but here goes...

There really is a defense force for everything on Gaf.

Go Panthers!

Stats:

Adam Levitan ‏@adamlevitan 8m8 minutes ago
#Jets defensive ranks in six years under Rex Ryan: 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th, 11th, 6th.

I don't know if any of the head coaching positions that will be open make sense for Rex. The Bears have the Jay Cutler situation to work through and some personnel issues on the defensive side of the ball. The Raiders are the Raiders which is not a knock on their situation but not exactly a position that's sought after in the NFL at the moment.

The Falcons seem to be the most intriguing of the group. They have a set QB to work with but are talent poor on the defensive side of the ball. Rex could see that as a challenge to build up the defensive side. Pair him with a quality offensive mind and they could get results but that's a gamble and the offensive coordinator carousel never worked for the Jets.

Might make the most sense for Rex to take a year off, head to TV and come back next season when there might be a more enticing position available.

Rex Ryan maybe coming to Atlanta?

iaintevenmad.jpg

I do think Rex will likely end up on TV first, however.
If he does end up in Atlanta, The Falcons-Saints games will get that much more interesting.

ARI @ CAR
BAL @ PIT - Hated to see Bell go down like that
CIN @ IND - Upset by a good defense...I'm gonna be so wrong lol
DET @ DAL - Raiola, Bush, and Suh's last game as Lions

Ron Rivera's average record through 4 years: 8.25-7.75 (basically 8-8)

John Fox's average record through 9 years with the Panthers: 8.1-7.9 (basically 8-8)

I think JR has a type when it comes to head coaches. Stunningly average

bionic77

The road to the Superbowl goes through New England.
It would be so awesome if the Colts went into NE and gave Pittsburgh a home game for the AFC Championship.

Not that I am sure we can beat Denver (our only hope is that Peyton plays in gimp mode for a few more weeks) but a man can dream.

Going into the Dallas Buzzsaws, eh? The dream was fun while it lasted!

Any good QB prospects projected to go late in the draft? Preferably one that doesn't have a Whopper problem?

It would be so awesome if the Colts went into NE and gave Pittsburgh a home game for the AFC Championship.

Not that I am sure we can beat Denver (our only hope is that Peyton plays in gimp mode for a few more weeks) but a man can dream.
How cool would it be if the patriots beat the steelers in the AFC championship

Sephzilla

Never, I'd rather strap a bomb on myself.

I've been preaching the Book of Matthew since we drafted him and will continue to do so until I see empirical proof he is not a franchise QB. Fact of the matter is he is, and he starts on 26 of the 32 teams easy.

And throughout it all he still threw for 3 Touchdowns and 0 INTs. Some bad passes, some dropped passes but all in all as usual the loss does not just fall on his broad, strong shoulders. It falls on the whole teams including the offensive line which has battled injuries and suspensions.

It falls on the horrendous play calling. This is just a general rule of thumb but when Golden Tate touches the ball a lot we tend to win this season. His 4 targets or so isn't going to cut it. We were the bubble screen passes or reverses? Maybe we're saving them for Dallas?

Special teams played an absolutely horrendous game as well.

He's getting fined, not suspended, sorry to burst your bubble. Tony Romo will in fact have to face off against Suh.

Never winning a road game against a winning team isn't empirical proof he is not a franchise QB?

Top Bottom