• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

If KC wins I hope to fuck the Steelers do too. Chiefs have almost no chance of winning in Denver and I'd rather just lose with dignity to a much more respectable team like the Patriots. Living in donkeyland with these insufferable "fans" is the worst, and I'd never hear the end of it.

Why do the Chiefs have almost no chance of winning in Denver? They already did it in Mile High this season and if Manning gets banged up at all against the Steelers, he's going to have a really tough time with the Chiefs pass rushers closing down the pocket.

Plus, the Broncos totaled 130 rushing yards in their two games, so it's not like they are going to rely on that.

I don't listen to David Bowe at all but if he put out a new album that generally loved like I'm hearing it's sad to see him go but damn that's a pretty awesome way to go out.

What the hell we opened at +3 and people are betting heavy on us? Shocked it wasn't at least +4 after we had no business winning against Minnesota. Thought Chiefs-Pats would open higher as well.

What the hell we opened at +3 and people are betting heavy on us? Shocked it wasn't at least +4 after we had no business winning against Minnesota. Thought Chiefs-Pats would open higher as well.

+3 is already massive disrespect to the Panthers. Since they usually give 3 for just being at home.... so essentially they are saying it's "even." Plus if your a fan of neither team I totally see taking +3. I mean more ways to win.

squicken

RIP Bowie. I never was a super-fan, but he had a lot of good stuff. I also loved that Space Oddity was performed in space by an astronaut

Looking back at my picks

I guess in football stuff

KC-HOU: Really just think this comes down to a big play or turnover. I trust Alex to avoid those more than Hoyer. But by no means would a Houston win surprise me. Reid is a really good coach, but game management can cost him in close games. Thing to watch for is HOU has terrible special teams, as usual. Field position battle could constantly have the field tilted in KC's favor b/c of that

PIT-CIN: AJ vs Ben? c'mon. The only thing in CIN favor is all the pressure in on PIT. I'm sure Steelers fans will dispute that, but they know they should win that game

GB-WAS: Good defenses stop GB's offense. WAS does not have a good defense. Kirk Cousins hits all his layups vs bad pass defenses and misses his 3s against good pass defenses. GB has a good pass defense

SEA-MIN: Decent weather and SEA romps. They probably will still. But the cold changes things. Love it. Easily the most anticipated game, just b/c the conditions are so unlike anything I have seen

Felt like I had a good handle on all of these except SEA. I thought the weather may have been an equalizier, but I'm not so sure that Seattle is as good as I thought they were. They did get beat by the Rams. I sorta think CAR will handle they convincingly but will wait to give my full thoughts

Houston has to get a QB. They are at their ceiling. I think Bradford is their best bet, but if they believe in one of the QBs and think he will fall to them, then do that. But no more Hoyer-Mallett camp battles

BCTfYfe.jpg

hnB7AAg.gif

squicken

Philadelphia Eagles Drops 2015 | HD

If you're an Eagles fan, you know this was one of the worst seasons for a group of receivers ever. They led the league in drops and it wasn't even close. What you're about to watch is very depressing. Enjoy.

One of the Eagles' beat guys linked this. A fan made a video of every dropped pass by the Eagles this year. They lead the league in drops per PFF and Stats, so it was definitely an issue. There's also a lot of passes that good WRs would catch, but aren't really drops. My issue is there a lot of the "drops" in the video that are just bad throws. Announcers feed this when they call everything that a WR touches a "drop"

Biggest takeaway is the Mark Sanchez hates Jordan Matthews

e: Been seeing this around the web quite a bit. Misleading.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Road teams sweep the wild card round, which was #asexpected when you look at who was quarterbacking them http://wp.me/p14QSB-9XEa

The difference between Minnesota and Seattle wasn't the QB position. It was Peterson fumbling like he always does and the worst missed FG since Billy Cundiff

They were also near dead last against the pass. In a league that's all about passing. That isn't good. Much easier to defend the run when you have an elite offense as well. Get up 10 points and teams become one dimensional. I've seen this song and dance for years with the Pats. A Patriots troll media guy once had a line I agreed with he said something like "the Pats wanted to become like Manning and the Colts and unfortunately for them they succeeded". Elite offenses with bad/terrible passing defenses only get you so far. At the end of the day the defense has to make a stop sometime. Steelers remind me a lot of the 2012 Pats with a better pass rush. They need some breaks to get to the super bowl, but in the end I don't think it will even matter because of that pass defense. They wont' be able to make stops when the team needs them to and that's going to be the Steelers downfall. Saw it over and over again with the Pats until they finally wised up and got corners who can lock down receivers in man last year.

It also puts an insane amount of pressure for the qb to be nearly perfect. Big ben cannot afford to have an off game in the post season with this defense. Even for elite qbs there is only so much you can do. Pats survived a bad Brady game in the playoffs in 2012 due to sheer luck. On top of that the refs tend to swallow the whistle in the post season. There is also the added fact that Tomlin is not the greatest coach, and this team can be pretty inconsistent game to game. With the Steelers you just never know which version of the team is going to play. Some games they look like flat out the best team in the NFL, and other games make you question if the head coach should be fired. With this team you just never know. Obviously they can still make it and win it's just incredibly hard when your passing defense is so poor. It's the reason the Pats struggled in the playoffs after their undefeated season until last season. They finally learned last year that you have to be able to stop the pass in today's game.

Edit: I'm tired. I meant the 2011 Patriots that made it to the super bowl. Although Pats 2012 were basically the same and the point would work for that team as well.

I really wish you hadn't made that Pats comparison :(

You do have a point. Steelers have also been fortunate to face a gauntlet of backup QBs - even their first playoff game was against AJ McCarron.

I still disagree that the Steelers pass D is as bad as the Pats D - they could not stop ANYTHING..I'll never forget that game in 2010 where Brady went up and down the field against a monster Steelers D - Ben was scoring at will too but not at the same clip.

I really fear this week's game against Peyton as the Steelers have always been susceptible to the short game.

No one will talk about him because the Seahawks on the whole have played better without him, but they might actually miss ol basketball player a lot this week.

He's always been a matchup problem for the Panthers (in fact, he had by far his best game of the season against them this year).

Striker

The difference between Minnesota and Seattle wasn't the QB position. It was Peterson fumbling like he always does and the worst missed FG since Billy Cundiff
Not just Peterson's ineffective day, but they had little in the pass game, too. 183 total net yards and just 3/13 on 3rd down. Same shitty offense in the matchup a month prior. They need Teddy to take a big step next season.

squicken

Not just Peterson's ineffective day, but they had little in the pass game, too. 183 total net yards and just 3/13 on 3rd down. Same shitty offense in the matchup a month prior. They need Teddy to take a big step next season.

Agree with that. Time to shift away from a Peterson focus on offense. But as far as yesterday, if anything, Teddy was the better QB. I mean those teams could not have been more even. If they played 10 times in that weather it'd be 5-5

Cornbread78

Hopefully, a lot less fuckball and a lot more for all this weekend. Carolina vs. Seattle and Denver vs. Pittsburgh should be good.

Chris may have talked about this some but it's becoming clear that Philbin did not have much support for Ryan Tannehill.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...hins-quarterback-head-coach-relationship.html

After the 2013 season, the Dolphins were awash in drama. GM Jeff Ireland and Philbin were not playing nice with each other. Ross was listening to each and deciding how to resolve the rift -- he decided to fire Ireland. And the idea that offensive coordinator Mike Sherman had to go was being debated. And Philbin didn't want Sherman fired.

So, I am told, as he tried to save his assistant and friend, Philbin blamed the problems of the Dolphins offense on the players in general and Tannehill in particular. All this was done within the private confines of the team's practice facility while publicly Philbin followed the narrative that Tannehill was improving and simply needed more work.
Before the 2014 draft, I am told Philbin pushed for the Dolphins to draft another quarterback. And he didn't want to just draft a quarterback sometime during the multi-day event, like in the late rounds. He wanted a quarterback in the first round. The team was locked in on addressing the offensive line to protect Tannehill. The team was focused on Ja'Waun James in the first round.

Joe Philbin wanted the Dolphins to draft Derek Carr in the first round instead of James.
It kind of makes sense given the way he treated him at various points over the past few seasons, particularly during his rough start in 2014.

jmdajr

Well that wasn't exactly underdog weekend.

Edit: yeah David Bowie news is fucking awful. At least he went out doing what he loved until the end.

Top Bottom