• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

jmdajr

1024x1024.jpg

Malalaw

34 degrees with horrible wind shoveling asphalt that feels like bricks. Driver just dumped 2/3 of the load in one spot. Happy fucking Monday

Salaadin

Adam Jones just doubled down on the "Antonio Brown is faking it" thing. Says he should "win a Grammy" for it.

Also says he was flagged because he touched a ref while asking Porter why he was on the field.

Dragon

Banned
Adam Jones just doubled down on the "Antonio Brown is faking it" thing. Says he should "win a Grammy" for it.

Also says he was flagged because he touched a ref while asking Porter why he was on the field.

Adam Jones shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL if they're worried about player safety and he says shit like this. He can get fucked.

I think the Chiefs will beat the Pats. I expect their defense to harass Brady and minimize pass yardage with good tackling and tight coverage. The Chiefs are flying high right now and the Pats limped into the playoffs with a putrid loss in Miami.

Right now the Chiefs are the better team.

My only hesitation is based on Maclin's condition. He's been huge for that offense.

Godslay

Banned

I'm just amazed by the miraculous recovery that he made as fast as at the end of the game. They're already saying he'll clear the concussion protocol with ease. I'm not mad, that's impressive.

Dragon

Banned
I think the Chiefs will beat the Pats. I expect their defense to harass Brady and minimize pass yardage with good tackling and tight coverage. The Chiefs are flying high right now and the Pats limped into the playoffs with a putrid loss in Miami.

My only hesitation is based on Maclin's condition. He's been huge for that offense.

They lost to the Bills last year at the end of the year too. Not saying they're gonna beat the Chiefs but c'mon.

Who is feeling worse right now, Hoyer or Walsh?

They lost to the Bills last year at the end of the year too. Not saying they're gonna beat the Chiefs but c'mon.
It was how they lost. Brady and the offense looked abysmal against one of the league's worst defenses. If you don't like that example then go with losing 4 of the last 6.

They're going to load Big Ben up with every painkiller known to man, HGH, Kobe's German nanomachines, horse semen, whatever the fuck it takes, he's playing.

Wasn't Luck playing hurt? reason he looked like shit...

That's what the reverse narrative was when they were crap when he played... but he wasn't on the injury report until he was seriously hurt. The team wants us to think he was hurt Week 1 somehow despite being fine in pre-season.

Colts had more problems than just Luck being hurt. Esp given that Hasselbeck and Luck had pretty close statistical performance (with Hasselbeck being better, and the team being better w/ Hasselbeck... 2-5 with Luck, 5-3 with Hasselbeck). If Luck played all season, there's a good chance the Colts would have been out of it much earlier than that week 17 impossible dream.

The Chiefs destroyed the Pats the last time they played: 41-14. The Pats are going to have to be extraordinary.

jmdajr

Three Texans assistant coaches have been fired by coach Bill O’Brien.

Special teams coordinator Bob Ligashesky, receivers coach Stan Hixon and defensive assistant Anthony Pleasant will be replaced.

All three coaches were part of O’Brien’s first staff in 2014. Ligashesky was the only holdover from Gary Kubiak’s last staff to make it to 2015.

Rick Smith still has a job though. When will he be "promoted?"

Special teams coordinator Bob Ligashesky, receivers coach Stan Hixon and defensive assistant Anthony Pleasant will be replaced.

All three coaches were part of O’Brien’s first staff in 2014. Ligashesky was the only holdover from Gary Kubiak’s last staff to make it to 2015.

When is BoB gonna fire himself?

I think that the Chiefs are the hardest matchup for the Patriots... Serious defense with an offense that has become capable. Part of me just thinks the Patriots will flip the switch and start playing to how everybody expected them to the last 5 or 6 weeks.

For what it's worth, the Patriots will be the first good team that the Chiefs have faced since November 15. In their last 8 games they've played 1 playoff team, and it was the worst playoff team.

Godslay

Banned
The Chiefs destroyed the Pats the last time they played: 41-14. The Pats are going to have to be extraordinary.

That's about as relevant what I had for lunch last November.

I think that the Chiefs are the hardest matchup for the Patriots... Serious defense with an offense that has become capable. Part of me just thinks the Patriots will flip the switch and start playing to how everybody expected them to the last 5 or 6 weeks.

For what it's worth, the Patriots will be the first good team that the Chiefs have faced since November 15. In their last 8 games they've played 1 playoff team, and it was the worst playoff team.

I wouldn't even count the Broncos as a good team that day.

Manning was Hoyeresque that day. Worst team in the NFL would have beat us.

Dosia

Who is feeling worse right now, Hoyer or Walsh?

It was how they lost. Brady and the offense looked abysmal against one of the league's worst defenses. If you don't like that example then go with losing 4 of the last 6.

I doubt Maclin plays, and if he does he will play decoy. The Pats o line has been horrible, but let's see what they can do. The team hasnt had a bye since early in the season and was very banged up so hopefully this bye helped the team heal up a bit. Im looking forward to a hard fought game for sure.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Glad I checked Twitter. Adam Jones is going to be on The Dan Patrick show in 10 minutes

Thanks for the remainder and just listened to some of the interview.

I absolutely buy what he's saying in terms of overall ref bias in that particular game and overall for certain franchises. I've said it for years, but certain franchises like the Steelers and Packers get biased calls just because they're the Golden Goose franchises compared to say the Bengals or Lions.

Pacman Jones also said Antonio Brown winked at him as he got up and was faking the injury. I don't know about faking the injury, but I don't think Pacman would make something like this up.

Combine that with the fact you have Joey Porter, a coach, running on field talking trash and you have you start asking the question what the fuck is a defensive coach doing on the field when an offensive player is "hurt?"

This on top of the fact you had Mike Mularkey or Mike Munchak, whatever the fuck his name is, grabbing the hair of a Bengals captain on the sideline.

Fuck off with that "long hair is part of the jersey" bullshit, you don't grab another mans hair. It can happen accidentally, sure, but as a man you'd realize you were grabbing another mans hair in a fight SMH.

Bengals got fucked. Whether it was the Giovani Bernard no call, or Joey Porter running onto the field talking trash which should've negated the Burfict penalty and been a replay of down.

And again, Pacman Jones is saying that Antonio Brown winked at him as he got up from that "omgwtfbbq dirty Vontaze Burfict ban him from the NFL hit". I believe him.

Bengals got fucked, I think there is a discussion to be had, but still, Jeremy Hill shouldn't have fumbled. =/

MechDX

Accountability. One thing this team hasn't had up until a couple years ago.

Chiefs have won 11 straight including a 30-0 drudging of a resurgent Texans team. They aren't out here crushing the Cardinals week after week but that in and of itself is a hell of an accomplishment, regardless of who they've played. I'm not saying they'll kill the Pats but I think they are being overlooked. Honestly they might be the most complete team in the AFC right now.

This is a dark path, brother. Your intentions are pure but can we risk standing inches from nuclear annihilation in faith that your plan doesn't fail?

I see success has converted you to the axis of evil

Supporting the Pats huh? This is a new low even for a Panther fan.

I think 90% of NFL-GAF will now agree that we need the Pats and Panthers eliminated ASAP.

Friends friends

Rest easy

I don't want the Patriots to win it all, I just want us to be the ones to knock them out. Jake and Janet's titty deserve that.

MechDX

PDS ‏@PatDStat 22m22 minutes ago
Ligashesky tried some new coverage on special teams on Saturday. One that the team used was on the initial kickoff, the TD.

That explains the opening kickoff debacle on Saturday

Chiefs have won 11 straight including a 30-0 drudging of a resurgent Texans team. They aren't out here crushing the Cardinals week after week but that in and of itself is a hell of an accomplishment, regardless of who they've played. I'm not saying they'll kill the Pats but I think they are being overlooked. Honestly they might be the most complete team in the AFC right now.

Yup, I'm afraid. I guess I'm the only realistic Pats fan here.

MechDX

Ill be labeled as being "salty" or whatever but the Chriefs offense isnt that good. Texans D held them to two field goals in the first half and just broke in the second by Hoyers repeated gifts

Hoyer also wasnt hit all that much he just flat out choked while Justin Houston looked no where near full strength.

I absolutely buy what he's saying in terms of overall ref bias in that particular game and overall for certain franchises. I've said it for years, but certain franchises like the Steelers and Packers get biased calls just because they're the Golden Goose franchises compared to say the Bengals or Lions.

Pacman Jones also said Antonio Brown winked at him as he got up and was faking the injury. I don't know about faking the injury, but I don't think Pacman would make something like this up.

Combine that with the fact you have Joey Porter, a coach, running on field talking trash and you have you start asking the question what the fuck is a defensive coach doing on the field when an offensive player is "hurt?"

This on top of the fact you had Mike Mularkey or Mike Munchak, whatever the fuck his name is, grabbing the hair of a Bengals captain on the sideline.

Fuck off with that "long hair is part of the jersey" bullshit, you don't grab another mans hair. It can happen accidentally, sure, but as a man you'd realize you were grabbing another mans hair in a fight SMH.

Bengals got fucked. Whether it was the Giovani Bernard no call, or Joey Porter running onto the field talking trash which should've negated the Burfict penalty and been a replay of down.

And again, Pacman Jones is saying that Antonio Brown winked at him as he got up from that "omgwtfbbq dirty Vontaze Burfict ban him from the NFL hit". I believe him.

Bengals got fucked, I don't think there is a discussion to be had, but still, Jeremy Hill shouldn't have fumbled. =/

Hill's fumble was more a great defensive play than it was Hill's fault to be honest.

Burfict's hit on Brown was inexcusable and the penalty was the right call. That really did the Bengals in... But the refs ruined the game by deciding it with the call on Jones. They should have done the right thing there and swallowed the flag OR thrown 2 flags, one on Jones and one on Joey Porter for coming onto the field and barking at Cincinatti players. The penalties should have offset and then at least leave the game down to the players instead of the refs... Pittsburgh would have had a 1st and 10 at the 32 or so, I think, which is not a gimme field goal... Instead of 1st and 10 at, what, the 17, which is a gimme field goal (unless you're in Minnesota).

But... none of that shit happens without Burfict's totally unnecessary, illegal hit on Antonio Brown. And it's not the first, second, or 10th time that Burfict has had a dirty play... He's one of the dirtiest defensive players in the league.

I just wish the ref had thrown 2 flags, one on Porter and one on Jones, negating each other, and let the players decide the game rather than the refs. Lousy way to end one of the most exciting 4th quarters in recent history.

When is BoB gonna fire himself?

Despite having one of the worst playoff games ever, BoB did a lot with a shit team this year. He made that one terrible mistake in game 1, benching Hoyer for Mallet, but since then has made the team better. Making the playoffs with a career backup, a guy who is not even good enough to start for Cleveland, deserves credit... Even if it is the 2nd most dogshit conference in the NFL.

Spinluck

That's what the reverse narrative was when they were crap when he played... but he wasn't on the injury report until he was seriously hurt. The team wants us to think he was hurt Week 1 somehow despite being fine in pre-season.

Colts had more problems than just Luck being hurt. Esp given that Hasselbeck and Luck had pretty close statistical performance (with Hasselbeck being better, and the team being better w/ Hasselbeck... 2-5 with Luck, 5-3 with Hasselbeck). If Luck played all season, there's a good chance the Colts would have been out of it much earlier than that week 17 impossible dream.

Weird thing to say considering his best game was against Denver and that was also his first game with Chud at OC...

Later in the season, Josh Freeman and Ryan Lindley were running the offense better than Hasslebald who ended up being a handicap because he couldn't throw downfield.

I think Luck would've bounced back after the Denver game. Aside from some games where he was just playing like shit, there was some instances where he clearly looked hurt and wasn't himself. Irsay in his presser even said Luck was more hurt than they let on lol. League hasn't even looked into the fact that they kept him off the injury report.

Ill be labeled as being "salty" or whatever but the Chriefs offense isnt that good. Texans D held them to two field goals in the first half and just broke in the second by Hoyers repeated gifts

Hoyer also wasnt hit all that much he just flat out choked while Justin Houston looked no where near full strength.
Everyone knows the Chiefs offense isn't that great, I think that's a big part of why they don't get talked about a lot. They aren't flashy or explosive. The thing is, they do enough, and cliche as it is they are a team that plays great complementary football. They have a solid identity and a repeatable formula that has led to all these wins, and I think they have the right kind of team to beat the Pats.

Yup, I'm afraid. I guess I'm the only realistic Pats fan here.

I think every Pats fan is more concerned about the Chiefs than any other team in the AFC.

My concern list going into last weekend:

1. Kansas City
2. @Denver
3. Pittsburgh
4. Cincinatti
5. Houston

WIth Rothlisberger being hurt and Antonio Brown possibly not playing, the threat of the Steelers really dropped though.

Bengals got fucked, I think there is a discussion to be had, but still, Jeremy Hill shouldn't have fumbled. =/

The fact that this is your response makes that Bungle meltdown all the more glorious. Love it.

But in all seriousness, fuck the Bungles. Now hate them more than the Ratbirds and Cheatriots combined. Fuck them, they're nothing but a dumpster fire.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Dude got flagged for lunging at Joey Porter like a tool

He shouldn't have been involved.

Not surprised you'd defend blatant stupidity on the field.

If Pacman Jones was a Packer the fanbase would roast him for costing the game. He had every opportunity, same as everyone else, to walk away from that shit knowing that the game is on the line. Instead he decided to practically hurl himself over a ref to get at a Pittsburgh coach talking shit. How is it surprising he got a flag thrown on him?

Top Bottom