• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

Glad someone finally agrees with me about this. Looking forward to next week, when the only division in the league to bounce out of the playoffs ASAP 3 years in a row becomes the only division in the league to bounce out of the playoffs ASAP 4 years in a row

What this division does to people:
Marvin Lewis 2003
marvin_zoom.jpg

13 years later
cCbWUE3.jpg
Roflmfao

FTF

I am praying for a miracle but not holding my breath!

I too will be rooting for the Steelers, regardless of what happens on Saturday with the Pats.

Also, say Pats beat KC...would rather Pitt beats Denver this weekend but then loses to the Pats, or Pitt loses to Denver but Denver goes on and beats the Pats? Sacrifice your team for the greater good and all that?

bionic77

Yeah and we lost the Superbowl for that sin. We're all paid up in big man's house. Don't you try and put that voodoo on us you dark little man.
Evil must be balanced out by a good deed.

What good deed did he Broncos do to balance stabbing Timothy J Tebow in the back?

I did not consult a holy book but I am not sure that an epic choke qualifies...

Glad someone finally agrees with me about this. Looking forward to next week, when the only division in the league to bounce out of the playoffs ASAP 3 years in a row becomes the only division in the league to bounce out of the playoffs ASAP 4 years in a row

What this division does to people:
Marvin Lewis 2003
marvin_zoom.jpg

13 years later
cCbWUE3.jpg

Only living in Ohio could make black crack.

FTF

Who I want to win:
Pats, Steelers, Panthers, Cards

Who I think will win:
Pats, Broncos, Seahawks, Cards

Godslay

Banned
Evil must be balanced out by a good deed.

What good deed did he Broncos do to balance stabbing Timothy J Tebow in the back?

I did not consult a holy book but I am not sure that an epic choke qualifies...

We've been just about the only team in the AFC besides the Ravens to fight the Empire with any success. I think we've done enough to earn the goodwill of the father.

Besides, it was nearly 4 years ago to the day we all dabbled in that magic. Wouldn't want anyone to get burned by it again. We're all civilized humans, not Bengals fans.

Gobias

Banned
Tabris isn't even a Broncos fan, he's just a Manning ballgargler.

I am well aware. If Brock goes in for Manning I'll be even happier to see the Broncos make the owl. Tabris has me shook

Just saw Star Wars again. Like Kylo Ren more as a character now. Poe is a way bigger badass than I first thought.

are-finn-poe-dameron-gay-in-star-wars-7-maybe-not-but-the-discussion-is-important-bu-776805.gif

Oscar Isaac is great. Hope they give him more to do in the next one.

Bungles fans are the real champs of the season

If they still support the team, they're now immortal. Think about it. Nothing can hurt them now. It is impossible to have a more embarrassing and more harmful self destruction. They did in one game more damage to their own reputation and future than Manziel has been able to do to his own in two full years in the league.

watershed

Banned
The Seahawks just played their worst game of this playoffs. Even if they lose to the Cards (I don't think they will), they won't play as poorly as they did today.

Gobias

Banned
Bungles fans are the real champs of the season

If they still support the team, they're now immortal. Think about it. Nothing can hurt them now. It is impossible to have a more embarrassing and more harmful self destruction. They did in one game more damage to their own reputation and future than Manziel has been able to do to his own in two full years in the league.

Bengal fans are pretty fickle. Noodle is the only loyal one.

ampere

Just saw Star Wars again. Like Kylo Ren more as a character now. Poe is a way bigger badass than I first thought.

Poe was amazing. I accept Kylo's character flaws as intentional so I didn't mind him like some people did.

I do need to watch the movie again though.

If KC wins I hope to fuck the Steelers do too. Chiefs have almost no chance of winning in Denver and I'd rather just lose with dignity to a much more respectable team like the Patriots. Living in donkeyland with these insufferable "fans" is the worst, and I'd never hear the end of it.

TheFatOne

Although I agree with you i'm going to quote an earlier post I made:

They were also near dead last against the pass. In a league that's all about passing. That isn't good. Much easier to defend the run when you have an elite offense as well. Get up 10 points and teams become one dimensional. I've seen this song and dance for years with the Pats. A Patriots troll media guy once had a line I agreed with he said something like "the Pats wanted to become like Manning and the Colts and unfortunately for them they succeeded". Elite offenses with bad/terrible passing defenses only get you so far. At the end of the day the defense has to make a stop sometime. Steelers remind me a lot of the 2012 Pats with a better pass rush. They need some breaks to get to the super bowl, but in the end I don't think it will even matter because of that pass defense. They wont' be able to make stops when the team needs them to and that's going to be the Steelers downfall. Saw it over and over again with the Pats until they finally wised up and got corners who can lock down receivers in man last year.

It also puts an insane amount of pressure for the qb to be nearly perfect. Big ben cannot afford to have an off game in the post season with this defense. Even for elite qbs there is only so much you can do. Pats survived a bad Brady game in the playoffs in 2012 due to sheer luck. On top of that the refs tend to swallow the whistle in the post season. There is also the added fact that Tomlin is not the greatest coach, and this team can be pretty inconsistent game to game. With the Steelers you just never know which version of the team is going to play. Some games they look like flat out the best team in the NFL, and other games make you question if the head coach should be fired. With this team you just never know. Obviously they can still make it and win it's just incredibly hard when your passing defense is so poor. It's the reason the Pats struggled in the playoffs after their undefeated season until last season. They finally learned last year that you have to be able to stop the pass in today's game.

Edit: I'm tired. I meant the 2011 Patriots that made it to the super bowl. Although Pats 2012 were basically the same and the point would work for that team as well.

Clockwork5

If the Chiefs beat us I hope they go all the way. Fuck the chickens and fuck the horses.

Go Chiefs, Cards, and Panthers. Don't care what happens to the Broncos or Steelers, would be great if both could lose.

Pulling for Chiefs, Cards, Seahawks, and Broncos.

Chiefs vs Broncos
Seahawks vs. Packers

Count on it!

Chiefs are the only team I'm willing to accept out of the AFC. Broncos get cut because of Tabris.

Never felt so much Chiefs love here. :)

eznark

Banned
Hey we went 7-9 and made the playoffs! I mean we won... but we were really bad during the regular season that year. Like really fucking atrocious.

I think we're all smart enough to know that raw records are pretty awful when comparing teams, especially in different years.

Top Bottom