• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

To be fair, that play wasn't really that "unlucky".

It was a bad play call, poorly executed by the QB, and had a good defensive play from Super Bowl MVP HOF "Deion II" Malcolm Butler.

RBH

Thursday-Night-Football-Logo-05062014-640x356.jpg

As the bids for Thursday Night Football have come into the NFL, we’ve told over the last week that Fox has made an aggressive bid to take away the package from CBS and multiple networks could divide the games.

Now the latest development according to The Street is that ESPN has decided to drop out of the bidding. Ronald Glover writes that ESPN and its parent company Disney are happy with its signature Monday Night Football series and that if it were to take Thursday Night Football, it would have to air it on ABC and the company higher-ups don’t want to blow away the network’s successful Shondaland series (Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal and How to Get Away With Murder) on that night.

So that apparently leaves CBS, Fox, NBC and to a lesser extent, Turner Sports in the bidding. CBS as the incumbent is still the favorite to retain the package, but as we told you last week when we discussed Fox’s bid, it’s not willing to break the bank to keep TNF.

As for ESPN, it appears content to stay pat and have college football games air opposite the NFL on Thursday nights and not pay for what could turn out to be another expensive NFL package and also have to share it with NFL Network which would air some games exclusively.

The Request for Proposal for TNF seeks to have the winning network produce all 16 games as CBS has for 2014 and 2016, simulcast at least half of the schedule with NFL Network and then have NFLN air the rest of the games.

In addition, another part of the RFP has the winning network taking a role with NFL Network in marketing and perhaps buying a stake in the channel.

The NFL will make a decision on the winning bid before the Super Bowl.
http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/report-espn-drops-out-of-thursday-night-football-bidding.html

Godslay

Banned
Never heard of Bing predicts. Seems cool. Only 50% last week though.

What other models are you looking at?

Yeah, Bing predicts is good and is very legit.

I don't look at anything too crazy, Bing, 538, Iron Ranks, Dratings, and this guy from SDSU School of Mines who is pretty good, just needs a better website. There's a couple of people on Reddit who run models that I recognize when I see them, but I don't know their names off the top of my head. I liked Prediction Machine too, but you have to pay for it.

New England is favored in most of them, Bing being the largest odds of winning. Everyone seems to have NE winning. SDSU who's 62% on the year has KC winning at 53%.

He makes some good plays, and he makes some bad plays. Sometimes he holds on to the ball too long, and other times he makes it through his reads well. I will say that from his first game to the San Diego game you can see the progression and all I can ask for is positive progress. Which he has done, and post-Manning is what we need.

I think the sitting 4 years thing is great, and most teams would do well to have a guy get that experience on the bench. With that said, nothing replaces game reps, and that's what Brock is learning. I'm okay with that. I can't speak for everyone in Broncos Country, but I definitely think there's a starter in Brock. We just have to continue to cultivate it, be patient, and I think we'll be okay.

So cherry picking some mediocre to poor plays from a guy in his first few starts, doesn't faze me. He very well could end up as back-up material, and that's fine. I hope the people that get paid to recognize it if so. Otherwise I hope that he continues to grow, and solidify himself as the Bronco's starter should they decide to sign him again.

The fact that ESPNs turning down the National Football League for ShondaTime is kind of funny.

Also

It's that time of year again. Time for the latest installment in the most competitive (almost) completely one-sided rivalry in the National Football League: Seahawks-Panthers. Cam v. Wussy.

Let's run through the greatest hits of fuckery and bullshit in this classic rivalry.

October 7, 2012
Cam v. Wussy I: Kittens Krumble

Seahawks 16
Panthers 12

CamNo_original.gif

September 8, 2013
Cam v. Wussy II: Wussy's Finer Than Carolina

Seahawks 12
Panthers 7

Wilson-Miracle.gif

To this day this one of the most completely discombobulating plays I have ever seen. I don't know how Wilson wasn't sacked. And refuse to believe that Doug Baldwin was inbounds on that catch. He fucking wasn't.

defumble.gif

I still remember arguing with Hito about this fumble :(. May he rest in peace.

October 26, 2014
Cam v. Wussy III: Of Hipsters and Hicks

Seahawks 13
Panthers 9

No real fuckery and bullshit in this game. Pretty much good clean defensive football. Enjoy this GIF of Kelvin Benjamin shitting on Dick instead.

kelvin-benjamin-catch-against-richard-sherman-c.gif

January 10, 2015
Cam v. Wussy IV: Scam's Sleepless in Seattle

Seahawks 31
Panthers 17

Other than the Panthers finally breaking double digits against the LOB, not much changed other than the scenery.

kam%20chancellor.gif

October 18, 2015
Cam v. Wussy V: Brenton Bersin's Revenge

Panthers 27
Seahawks 23

The Panthers finally won!!! Yay!!

caaam.0.gif

But can they do it when its money time? We'll find out in Cam v. Wussy VI: Cam, Cam, Kam

effzee

Doug Pederson is the new coach? Well that was anti-climatic. But maybe he'll be the new Reid who knows. Now I want to see the new coordinators and the Bradford decision

Yep, and while he isn't the best source...

Anthony Gargano ‏@AnthonyLGargano 12m12 minutes ago
Hearing Brad Childress likely as the OC for Pederson

Ehhhh.

I don't want Childress but at this point I don't think the OC will matter much. Shurmur, Childress, and whoever is related to Reid will run the offense exactly how Reid would have run it.

Hell wouldn't be surprised if Reid devises their gameplans from afar and faxes it to them.

What's Ray Rhodes up to?

I'd actually liked him back as a DC. He knew defense and it was mostly his players on the Eagles D that Reid and Jim Johnson inherited and were damn good.

Once those guys were let go or retired and Reid's picks made up the team they suffered immensely.

effzee

I love chip brother!

Enjoy brother! Use him wisely!

Hopefully your shitty FO and owner are more patient.

Effzee got me hyped now 😳

Hell YEAH! Even if you aren't for Chip, don't see how 49ers fans would be against this hiring considering they just had Tomsula.

Boy does Heath Evans hate hate Chip. He called him the worst hire in the history of the NFL back when Eagles hired him. Went on a similar rant today when 49ers hired him. Dude is probably the dumbest "Analyst" on tv.

MechDX

Too much playoff talk in here. Need an off season thread where the losers can lust for the future Hall of Famers our teams won't draft

MechDX

Wouldn't surprise me if Browns take him at 2. Reminds me a lot of Palmer.

He has some flaws and also will have that small school stigma (why does North Dakota have a college?) around him. Goff will be the "darling" of this class.

Hoping Chip really is in love with Kap and the Niners become a trade partner with the Texans. 7 would be enough to get him

I'll never understand the Reid revisionist history some Eagles have. He was by far the most talented coach the team had in recent history, and lead the franchise to and incredible streak of domination.

Reid's departure was good for both parties not because Reid was a poor coach, it's because his focus and attention on maintaining personnel and decision making as a coach suffered in large part due to his family tragedy and turnover in front office personnel. The change was a mutually beneficial one for both parties because it gave Reid a chance to refocus his talents and it gave the organization a chance to create a vision for their future. None of it is even remotely a stain on Reid's legacy as a great coach.

effzee

I'll never understand the Reid revisionist history some Eagles have. He was by far the most talented coach the team had in recent history, and lead the franchise to and incredible streak of domination.

Reid's departure was good for both parties not because Reid was a poor coach, it's because his focus and attention on maintaining personnel and decision making as a coach suffered in large part due to his family tragedy and turnover in front office personnel. The change was a mutually beneficial one for both parties because it gave Reid a chance to refocus his talents and it gave the organization a chance to create a vision for their future. None of it is even remotely a stain on Reid's legacy as a great coach.

No one denies the sucess he had or that he is the best coach the team has ever had.

But it was way past time for them to move on. As I mentioned the last time under Reid the Eagles were a top 1 or 2 seed in the NFC was in 2004. He was here another 9 seasons where there seemed to be no real plan, especially post McNabb. No real plan to replace the QB, terrible personnel and coaching staff decisions, and then yes the personal family stuff.

I mainly point these things out that all that above combined with some of his weaknesses (game management + in game adjustments) plus downward slope of the the team overall made it clear it was time to move on.

Narag

Godslay

Banned
I was surprised how mobile he was the few games I saw

Yeah, he's good for a run.

I think he goes to the Rams at 15, and I think it's crazy he might go that high

Man how fortunate to be in this draft class and with the state of the QB in the NFL. I think he's a pretty damn good player at his level, but to take him that high means he's pretty much going to start. I wish him the best, but I wouldn't be surprised if he struggled.

Draft writers are just now reviewing tape since his season just ended and are being "wow'ed"

Matt Miller was fawning all over him this morning on Twitter

Weird. I've watched most of his games and he's pretty good. Is he NFL good? I'm not sure. He could probably grow into something. His size is right and he's not an idiot. Mobile as well. Just some of the things he gets away with in college, won't fly in the NFL. I'm excited to see what happens to him.

Top Bottom