• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

squicken

I finally watched Mad Max tonight. Once again the internet hype cycle was wrong. Not as good as Batman2 but not as bad as Batman3. The dude jumping off the back of the truck lived up to the hype, though. Awesome scene. Story/theme was dumb but nothing too distracting

WedgeX

Banned
I finally watched Mad Max tonight. Once again the internet hype cycle was wrong. Not as good as Batman2 but not as bad as Batman3. The dude jumping off the back of the truck lived up to the hype, though. Awesome scene. Story/theme was dumb but nothing too distracting

You watched it at home, didn't you.

Check out the Dark Knight and the Dark Knight Rises.

Godslay

Banned

I pretty much felt the same way. Entertaining, but nothing great.

Mindlog

Best New Character of the Year goes to Doof Warrior.
\m/

Greg would agree.

Really wish IMAX home formats were a real thing. Just blowing up a standard movie with a projector isn't the same. Framing is all off.

The movie is just spectacularly crafted. By a director that knows the character intimately and the genre he's putting on the screen. The story is simple, effective and has a razor sharp focus (its a two hour chase sequence for all intents and purposes) from its very first frame. In an age where the action movie has all but had its balls cut off outside of some very specific examples - it harkens back to a time when balls to the wall actually meant something in an action movie. I loved it. One of the years best, IMO.

Tom Penny

Movie is so overrated. Drive one way then turn around and go back. Amazing !!!!

squicken

You must live in a joyless existence. Well, you did choose to squicken to the Eagles so it explains a great deal.
It's not that I didn't like it. It just wasn't as good as the internet hyped it to be. John Wick and Jack Reacher are way better recent action movies. So is Edge of Tomorrow but I do understand that few of us are able to fully appreciate Cruise in his own time

Colasante

Should've seen it in a theater.

It's not that I didn't like it. It just wasn't as good as the internet hyped it to be. John Wick and Jack Reacher are way better recent action movies. So is Edge of Tomorrow but I do understand that few of us are able to fully appreciate Cruise in his own time
I watched and enjoyed all three. I don't agree. Wick would come the closest for me also for its singular focus and simplicity of its violence but I still feel Fury Road is stronger.

Emily Blunt carried Edge of Tomorrow you silly man, you.

tumblr_n1fx7jEGIJ1r0luppo1_500.gif

tumblr_n8kp63WSIx1qdf1guo1_500.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The thing that hurt Wick is the lackluster ending. Reacher isn't worth mentioning. The best part of Edge of Tomorrow is Cruise trying to channel Bill Murray.

lol Cloverfield 2

Rams stopping the Titans at the 1, Fridge scoring a TD against the Pats, Vinatieri's gamewinner against the Rams, Eli/Tyree, James Harrison pick 6 against Palmer, the whole last Ravens/49ers drive, and that's just off the top of my head
The last drive of the Ravens/49ers sb? lol no. Maybe a few of the others.

squicken

I bought mad max on blu ray

Was there a 3D version? I have 3D glasses somewhere but I never remember I have them b/c it is so terrible. Hopefully the UHD Bluray stuff improves on that stuff with the better brightness

e: I need to see The Revenant in the theater. That is my kind of film and I want to see it before it wins all the Oscars

Godslay

Banned
Should've seen it in a theater.

Why is this even a thing?

I could watch a movie on a fucking potato and if it's great it will still be great.

I understand that the movie theater adds a bit more since it's on the big screen with louder sounds but if you have to qualify it with that to make it better maybe it's not that great on its own.

MechDX

It was part of the larger theme of the movie, though. Which sorta bugged me. I'm used to movies having preachy dumb ideas, but as long as it stays out of the way I usually don't care. But those ideas were so central to the movie I just couldn't ignore it and enjoy the awesome part

http://www.slashfilm.com/mad-max-masculinity/

Jeez youre one of them. Why does everything have to have some hidden damn meaning? What happened to watching a movie because you just want to have fun and lose yourself for a couple hours?

The wussification of America.

squicken

Jeez youre one of them. Why does everything have to have some hidden damn meaning? What happened to watching a movie because you just want to have fun and lose yourself for a couple hours?

The wussification of America.

It's not a hidden meaning. It is literally the theme of the movie. You won't find a review that doesn't mention this. I'm not even disagreeing with it entirely. But whatever. Pretty to look at. Like most action movies these days

At what point in the season did you realize you had made a mistake?

when the panthers were like 6-0. it wasn't that i believed the niners were going to make some incredible playoff run (i'm always optimistic though!) it's just i thought the panthers were in for a drastic free fall and would be trash. i was wrong :(

but now all has been fixed!

chip-kelly-tongue.gif

Top Bottom