• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1170908

WjUWx.jpg

Spinluck

Fuck

EDIT:

Hold the horses you cunts.

Fury Road was awesome for what it was.

Light on exposition, straight forward, action thriller, with some stake in it.

It was praised for pacing, editing, practical stunts and fx (it did use a ton of sfx though), and the variety of the scenarios. I only watched it once, but I remember being engaged the moment the action began. I think one whole act was just action and it was pretty good.

Did GAF over hype it? Perhaps, but after Speed Racer you guys should cautiously approach any movie opinions from GAF. I mean ffs there are people in OT that defend movies like Ironman 2. Guys, Iron Man 2, I cannot remember what happened in that movie but I surely remember that it was shit.

I'm still mad they didn't even use the Raid guy in Force Awakens for an action sequence. What a waste.

Word.

6J0Pikl.gif

Avatar is another movie I didn't see the hype that everyone loved. I thought the movie was good though unlike Mad Max and also in my defense I never saw it in 3-D

bloodsport-o.gif

I saw Avatar in IMAX 3D and it was still a massive pile of shit.

Fury Road is madly overrated on GAF (and internets in general) but it's still infinitely better than Avatar.

minx

EZ where do you go for your detailed contract info?

And Kyle Long made the pro bowl? What a joke. He was not good by any means at his new position of right tackle. Granted they threw him there a week before the season started.

Spinluck

Word.

6J0Pikl.gif

bloodsport-o.gif

I saw Avatar in IMAX 3D and it was still a massive pile of shit.

Fury Road is madly overrated on GAF (and internets in general) but it's still infinitely better than Avatar.

The Raid guys will be in more Star Wars movies, they signed multi contact deals and I think they'll be in the SW movie coming out this year...

I think

Btw, cheer up friend, clearly something you believed in has left you and is affecting your movie opinions.

Colts-Rams-relocation-01-13-16.jpg

you can watch anime instead.

Maybe.

Sorry, I've already ruled the Colts out. Not to mention, what kind of pillock drives for four hours knowing they're going to be in Indiana at the end of it?

I want that to be true, but that's not the case right now. Some are saying we go with Childress at OC and draft a QB.

I think Shurmur could go but I'm not sure about Bradford. The smart play would be to cash in now and see what you could get for him, ideally ship him to Houston to see Mech get excited all over again.

So Giants fan this is how i feel...

Another 6-10 season coming up, nothing changed with the Giants, most of the coaching staff is still intact, all they did was change HC by promoting from within, by keeping Spags you are further saying the GM fucked you over, yet won't fire him, we still moving in the same direction, Ben won't fix this team, John Mara finally moves out of his father's shadow, Coughlin was Wellington final hire...

effzee

Another 6-10 season coming up, nothing changed with the Giants, most of the coaching staff is still intact, all they did was change HC by promoting from within, by keeping Spags you are further saying the GM fucked you over, yet won't fire him, we still moving in the same direction, Ben won't fix this team, John Mara finally moves out of his father's shadow, Coughlin was Wellington final hire...

Well the Giants clearly feel the problem was Coughlin.

When they brought in McAdoo a few years back that was the thought wasn't it? That he was brought in to take over?

And now after missing the playoffs again they decided Tom was the problem. To me it seems like poor drafting and injuries are the main issue. Especially when you combine both on the defensive side.

But if Tom was the issue, you guys will be all right. Have the best QB and WR in the division.

effzee

I wonder if his hat will be photoshopped in, or a 2016 season version of Chip's classic shmug?

I wasn't sure how to feel but after letting this sink in, it's a great hire. What's interesting is here you have a 49ers FO that fired Harbaugh and hired a clueless "puppet" that failed and completely backfired on them. By the end of the season, shiny new Levi's was barely half-filled, with banners begging Jed to eat crow. Jed ate his fucking crow alright.

On the other side you have Chip Kelly, while a good Coach, probably had a little too much power and gambled a bit too much on the Eagles side of things. His personnel moves backfired and soured relationships with Philly's FO, which ultimately cost him his job.

I have to imagine both parties have been humbled by the outcomes of each situation. It's a fresh start and a perfect fit for both.

Good write up. I do think Chip will approach things a little differently. He isn't going to change his ideas or the way he runs the offense but he might modify his approach and apply lessons learned from Philly.

I think Eagles firing him was the first time in his meteoric rise he had been knocked down a peg. I really wish he had gone to an AFC team so I could have rooted for him.

effzee

Ultimately the reason I am so disappointed is not that Pederson is the hire but the process and complete lack of vision by Lurie on what to do moving forward.

They fired Chip with 1 week/game left in the season to get a head start in their coaching search yet they didn't interview many candidates at all. Lurie spoke of a coach who had both vision for the short term, mid term, and long term. Spoke about a coach who understood the game but also how to relate to the players.

Fine all sounds good. But in the end it seems like they interviewed far too few candidates and then settled on Pederson as a safe Andy Reid lite pick rather than take a risk on a candidate who doesn't think, act, or run the show like Reid.

To me its pathetic. You are basically going back on your decision and reason for firing Reid. Chip didn't work, but at least it was a move in a different direction after 14 years of the same thing (good, bad, and ugly). Similarly I thought they would look to hire someone new and not just revert back to how things were. Doesn't come across well for Lurie or the perception (reality basically) that candidates wouldn't take this job cause of the set up with Howie.

They limited their search to only offensive coordinators or assistants. Defensive guys don't win as a fact to Howie. Then further limited their search by only interviewing a few candidates, leaving out some obvious guys like Hue Jackson. Then further narrowed themselves when guys they might have been interested in (Gase, McAdoo, and Coughlin) all declined presumable due to the FO set up.

I mean that's not how you get the best available candidate. That reeks of striking out because you are stubborn and fail to realize how poisonous Howie has become to the brand.

Pederson might become Reid 2.0 and enjoy similar success. I hope so. I hope he is even better and finally brings a SB to Philly but I just don't see it. Every thing seems to indicate this was the safest pick for both Lurie (afraid of change now) and Howie (afraid of a coach removing him from power). Even with unproven guys like Gase or McAdoo or retread like Coughlin, you would have still moved away from Chip but still brought in a new system or way of doing things.

While I firmly believe firing Reid was the right thing to do for both sides, if you were going to crawl back to the same set up 3 seasons later, might as well have justified keeping him.

I have a family friends who their dad move like 5 hour away for work and did the drive home every weekend. After like 2 years he moved out the family cause he couldn't take it anymore.

Lol.... now they all grown and done with college so all of them moved back to Seattle except their parents, who are still out in farm land(Idaho). I ended up visting last summer and yea I have no clue how anyone could do that drive on a weekly. I mean 5 hours wasn't that bad but to do it every week lololol fuck that shit.

Striker

Well the Giants clearly feel the problem was Coughlin.

When they brought in McAdoo a few years back that was the thought wasn't it? That he was brought in to take over?

And now after missing the playoffs again they decided Tom was the problem. To me it seems like poor drafting and injuries are the main issue. Especially when you combine both on the defensive side.

But if Tom was the issue, you guys will be all right. Have the best QB and WR in the division.
Mara said again and again how the personnel was not up to snuff. Tom is just the fall guy. I guess they're giving Reese another chance but I don't reckon his leash is going to be very long.

Eli was a massive advocate for McAdoo, as well. So they probably didn't want him going far.

NFL HQVerified account
‏@NFLHQ
.@howardeskin says Chip Kelly was not a fan of @Kaepernick7 "I don't know if he likes the culture of Colin Kaepernick"

Take from that what you will.

I'm not going to suggest that the guy with a history of getting rid of talented, black players with strong personalities doesn't like his new talented, black QB with a strong personality, but....

that quote's not a good look.

Ultimately the reason I am so disappointed is not that Pederson is the hire but the process and complete lack of vision by Lurie on what to do moving forward.

They fired Chip with 1 week/game left in the season to get a head start in their coaching search yet they didn't interview many candidates at all. Lurie spoke of a coach who had both vision for the short term, mid term, and long term. Spoke about a coach who understood the game but also how to relate to the players.

Fine all sounds good. But in the end it seems like they interviewed far too few candidates and then settled on Pederson as a safe Andy Reid lite pick rather than take a risk on a candidate who doesn't think, act, or run the show like Reid.

To me its pathetic. You are basically going back on your decision and reason for firing Reid. Chip didn't work, but at least it was a move in a different direction after 14 years of the same thing (good, bad, and ugly). Similarly I thought they would look to hire someone new and not just revert back to how things were. Doesn't come across well for Lurie or the perception (reality basically) that candidates wouldn't take this job cause of the set up with Howie.

They limited their search to only offensive coordinators or assistants. Defensive guys don't win as a fact to Howie. Then further limited their search by only interviewing a few candidates, leaving out some obvious guys like Hue Jackson. Then further narrowed themselves when guys they might have been interested in (Gase, McAdoo, and Coughlin) all declined presumable due to the FO set up.

I mean that's not how you get the best available candidate. That reeks of striking out because you are stubborn and fail to realize how poisonous Howie has become to the brand.

Pederson might become Reid 2.0 and enjoy similar success. I hope so. I hope he is even better and finally brings a SB to Philly but I just don't see it. Every thing seems to indicate this was the safest pick for both Lurie (afraid of change now) and Howie (afraid of a coach removing him from power). Even with unproven guys like Gase or McAdoo or retread like Coughlin, you would have still moved away from Chip but still brought in a new system or way of doing things.

While I firmly believe firing Reid was the right thing to do for both sides, if you were going to crawl back to the same set up 3 seasons later, might as well have justified keeping him.

Don't get mad at Lurie because Chip fucked up that roster so good and proper no one wants to coach there.

NFL HQVerified account
‏@NFLHQ
.@howardeskin says Chip Kelly was not a fan of @Kaepernick7 "I don't know if he likes the culture of Colin Kaepernick"

I'm not going to suggest that the guy with a history of getting rid of talented, black players with strong personalities doesn't like his new talented, black QB with a strong personality, but....

The Gabberting is upon us!

Dragon

Banned
NFL HQVerified account
‏@NFLHQ

The culture of Kaepernick? Seems like a weird thing to say.

Pepiope

NFL HQVerified account
‏@NFLHQ

I mean Kaep isn't the best QB in the world, but Chip isn't going to just get rid of him. I'll think they work out well together.

Hindl

Princess Bride was uncharted fuckery. Is the moratorium over or are we not allowed to shit on all the fuckery in that movie? Unemployment in Cleveland sucks but it depends on what part you're in. I never dealt with it the area I lived in but then again that was the part with the high murder rate.

The princess bride is a goddamn treasure how dare you

ive never seen any star trek and i am not about to start

You are the worst

I think Shurmur could go but I'm not sure about Bradford. The smart play would be to cash in now and see what you could get for him, ideally ship him to Houston to see Mech get excited all over again.

Honestly depending on what Pederson wants to do we simply might not have the cap space for Bradford. In that case you're welcome aboard the eagles!

Agreed. I have no anger at the Pederson hire. If he gets a decent DC to run the defense, I'm cautiously optimistic he'll be able to get the team on the right track. It's just the way everything happened was so sloppy. It seems lurie got pissed at Kelly and fired him, and then only realized after the fact that he needed to hire someone to replace Kelly. I'm not going to write off Pederson before I see what he does, but it's been a bad coaching search regardless

RBH

Former Minnesota Vikings owner Red McCombs said in a radio interview that San Antonio is ready if the Oakland Raiders decide to move to the city and that he is even willing to invest in the team if needed.

McCombs, an 88-year-old billionaire, said in a radio interview with ESPN San Antonio on Wednesday that he talked to Raiders owner Mark Davis on Tuesday after the team withdrew its application to relocate to Los Angeles.

According to Bleacher Report, Davis owns land in the San Antonio area where he could build a stadium.

McCombs said San Antonio has "several locations that would work" to build a stadium and that he has 12 corporate sponsors lined up with "serious commitments." Now he has to convince Davis that moving his team to Texas is the right move for the franchise.

"He was born and raised there, and he has a great feeling for the state of California," McCombs said of Davis. "But it appears he is going to need to go somewhere."

McCombs said he would be amenable to buying into the Raiders if that's what it would take to get the team to play in San Antonio.

"We would be happy to be investors if that what he wants," he said. "We have investors lined up if that what he wants. If he wants to keep it all to himself, that's OK too."

The San Francisco Chronicle said Davis declined to comment about a potential future in San Antonio.

The Raiders would need league approval to relocate to San Antonio, but McCombs said he doesn't believe that would be withheld because of the team's troubles securing a new stadium in Oakland.

On Tuesday in Houston, NFL owners approved Rams owner Stan Kroenke's plan to relocate his team from St. Louis to the site of the old Hollywood Park racetrack in Inglewood, California, about 10 miles from downtown L.A. The Chargers have a yearlong option to join the Rams, followed by the Raiders if the San Diego franchise declines.

After his team was denied its bid to move to Los Angeles, Davis said he didn't know where his team would play next season.

"We don't have a lease right now at the Oakland Coliseum," he said. "America, the world is a possibility for the Raider Nation."

In 2014, Davis traveled to San Antonio to meet with area leaders and scout the area.

McCombs said if Davis "does decide to go somewhere we want him to decide to come here."

"What happened yesterday (Tuesday) in Houston was absolutely the greatest thing that could happen to us short of getting somebody committed to come in here, because that cleared the runway to where now he can make his decision and go anywhere he wants to," McCombs said.

The Raiders have been a franchise since 1959, the year the old American Football League came into being. The franchise has been in the Davis family since Mark's father, Al, became coach and general manager of the Raiders in 1963.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14572902/red-mccombs-trying-lure-oakland-raiders-san-antonio

Adam Schefter ✔ @AdamSchefter
Marshawn Lynch sent ESPN's @Kenny_Mayne a two-word text about his status for Sunday's game vs. Carolina: "I'm ready." Beastmode.

EDIT: Looks like McDermott will need to wait another year to get a HC shot. Might be time for him to brush up on offensive concepts. Maybe sit in on some QB film room sessions. Looks like the league only wants OCs (even though half of the coaches that made it to the final 8 of the tourney- BB,Rivera,Caroll,Tomlin- are defensive coaches by trade)

Double Edit: Caldwell staying put in DET

NFL HQVerified account
‏@NFLHQ

Chip hates sneaker heads now?
#7Storm bitches

eznark

Banned
"Chip Kelly loves Kaep, he wanted to trade for him!!!!!"

"Chip Kelly hates Kaep, he'll cut his asap!!!!!!!!!"

Sports reporters are shameless.

Hindl

"Chip Kelly loves Kaep, he wanted to trade for him!!!!!"

"Chip Kelly hates Kaep, he'll cut his asap!!!!!!!!!"

Sports reporters are shameless.

Well there's rarely blowback for getting shit wrong or flat out making it up so why would they have shame?

Still way too early to make any proclamation about expectations. There's still changes coming on the staff side of the things. With the coaching search settled, there's no word on what changes will happen on the front office end. Free agency, draft, etc still need to happen. There's much that needs to happen before 6-10 gets thrown out there. Much less in a terrible division that's wide open.

Ben needs players. Silly to think he won't succeed when he hasn't even had an introductory press conference. You'd feel better with Mike Smith or Doug Marrone at the helm?

eznark

Banned

crazy.gif

Top Bottom