• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

Salaadin

These stats are heavily in our favor.

I am still a little pessimistic though because they don't usually correlate very strongly with a win.
I really think the defense is going to have to pull this one out. It's a scary thought but since it's against an old, cold, rusty Manning, I'm hopeful.

Matt Miller does his newest mock draft:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/..._medium=share&utm_campaign=web-mob-art-mid-16

Dont let "Bleacher Report" put you off you, Matt is a smart guy and a great follow on Twitter.

13. Philadelphia QB Paxton Lynch, Memphis

I just dont see this. I really think that Lurie is going to under a ton of heat for the Pederson hiring, and they are going to want him to win asap. My guess is if Bradford wont resign they find some other FA to throw money at. They are not going to want Doug to go out and draft a rookie and go 4-12 his first year.

MechDX

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26 7m7 minutes ago
"TD" official mascot of Houston Super Bowl Host Committee (@housuperbowl).To be introduced @Chevron Houston Marathon

CYxThdaWMAABxcI.jpg:large

What the fuck is this abomination?

What the fuck is this abomination?

Im convinced that all of these types of mascots (like for the Olympics) are ways to legally syphon money off to relatives. They probably paid $100K to have that "designed" and had one of the executives 16 year old nieces create it.

effzee

Mara said again and again how the personnel was not up to snuff. Tom is just the fall guy. I guess they're giving Reese another chance but I don't reckon his leash is going to be very long.

Eli was a massive advocate for McAdoo, as well. So they probably didn't want him going far.

Yeah I am surprised they kept Reese.

Is Lynch that high on all the boards? Seems like the most likely player to bust in the entire QB class.

I think draft guys just see, hey the Eagles only have buttfumble under contract now, so they must have to draft a QB in the 1st round. I really do not think Lynch will be their pick. Who knows though, Reids first pick as HC was Mcnabb, so maybe they will make the first pick of the Pederson era be a QB to try and capture that symmetry.

effzee

Don't get mad at Lurie because Chip fucked up that roster so good and proper no one wants to coach there.

http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=/philly/sports/eagles&id=365377991

The Eagles could have waited until after the Super Bowl and Pederson still would have been there. But when some of the more accomplished candidates opted for other environs in the last week, it forced them to end the search likely in an attempt to control the narrative.

The Eagles may not have offered the position to Adam Gase, Ben McAdoo or Tom Coughlin, but they had strong interest in all three, and were prepared to make their pitch to two of them, according to several NFL sources familiar with the team's search.

Gase, the former Bears offensive coordinator who signed with the Dolphins on Saturday, knew he could have had the Eagles' job, but he has chosen a situation and a quarterback in Ryan Tannehill that he felt made Miami more equipped to win now, two sources familiar with his thinking said.

Gase was the first outside candidate to meet with the Eagles. Lurie fired Kelly five days before the season finale in part because he said he wanted to get a jump on the search. The Eagles interviewed running backs coach Duce Staley first, thus fulfilling the Rooney Rule obligation of meeting with a minority candidate, and then met with offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur.

Staley and Shurmur were cursory interviews. Gase, it would seem, was the big white fish, the reason Lurie abruptly dumped Kelly, who was hired by the 49ers on Thursday. The Eagles used the same blueprint three years ago with Kelly. They interviewed minority candidate Keith Armstrong first before flying to Kelly.

But unlike last time, they didn't reel in Gase.

The Eagles then interviewed McAdoo, followed by Pederson on Sunday. However the latter meeting went, the team then narrowed its focus on the former. The Eagles were prepared to offer the job to McAdoo, three independent sources said.

But the New York Giants swooped in once the Eagles' interest was reported - an obvious pressure tactic by McAdoo's camp - and promoted their offensive coordinator to head coach.

"Howie totally got left at the altar," one source said.

Then there were reports that they had set their sights on McAdoo's old boss - old being a relative term - the 69-year-old Coughlin. He withdrew his name from consideration, but the Eagles' interest was likely never more than tepid.

There were always doubts from both sides. Coughlin's age, his recent record, and his headstrong ways seemed the opposite of what Lurie preferred. There were reports that Coughlin couldn't pull together a coaching staff, but working with Roseman was also believed to be unappealing to him.

So that left Pederson - or maybe that was the plan all along.

He won't come in and rock the boat. Coaches who say "gosh," as Pederson did on Wednesday when asked about his meeting with the Eagles, aren't boat rockers. As silly as it seems, Pederson's aw-shucks answer almost sounded like a "Muskie Moment."

Does a leader of men, someone that will have to endure one of the toughest towns in which to coach football, say "gosh?"

"He's tough," Reid answered in a text message.

The Eagles got their man - Lurie's Reidlike man and Roseman's "Yes man" - but will that be good enough?

LevelNth

Banned
Is Lynch that high on all the boards? Seems like the most likely player to bust in the entire QB class.
To me he's a prime candidate to fall a bit, but I still think he'll go first round. He won't drop past the Texans after that debacle of a playoff game.

Godslay

Banned
Steelers still have a chance Manning is the QB and it is the playoffs. Broncos D gotta show up and get the job done.

Yeah, it really depends on which Manning we get. He could easily throw the game away if we get the Manning of the first 7 or so games this year.

Kinda picking up that the gameplan might be run heavy, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

yeah Broncos should easily win but if the Broncos somehow manage to fuck this up.......

worse choke job than 18-1 and the Packers losing to the Giants when they were 15-1 , not like this is played at a neutral site, you are home Denver.

Believe in a Brock second half start

Godslay

Banned
yeah Broncos should easily win but if the Broncos somehow manage to fuck this up.......

worse choke job than 18-1 and the Packers losing to the Giants when they were 15-1 , not like this is played at a neutral site, you are home Denver.

Believe in a Brock second half start

Hahaha, no.

The 18-1 is still the biggest gagging choke in sports history.

Sorry to hurt your feelings.

effzee

I think draft guys just see, hey the Eagles only have buttfumble under contract now, so they must have to draft a QB in the 1st round. I really do not think Lynch will be their pick. Who knows though, Reids first pick as HC was Mcnabb, so maybe they will make the first pick of the Pederson era be a QB to try and capture that symmetry.

Except McNabb was part of a very strong QB class (or at least considered to be) and was always projected to go #1,2, or 3 at worst.

This class is horrible. Similar to when Chip took over and had the #3 pick. Had their been a strong QB available in that draft class the Eagles wouldn't be in this mess at this time.

"Chip Kelly loves Kaep, he wanted to trade for him!!!!!"

"Chip Kelly hates Kaep, he'll cut his asap!!!!!!!!!"

Sports reporters are shameless.

Especially Eskin.

13. Philadelphia QB Paxton Lynch, Memphis

I just dont see this. I really think that Lurie is going to under a ton of heat for the Pederson hiring, and they are going to want him to win asap. My guess is if Bradford wont resign they find some other FA to throw money at. They are not going to want Doug to go out and draft a rookie and go 4-12 his first year.

I see it. What better way to make fans realize they have to be patient with this hire than to dump a first round QB on Pederson to "develop"? That alone buys him 2-3 seasons with the excuse the QB is developing.

Another retool or quick turnaround might cause Pederson his job if it leads to disaster too. Think Tomsula. If Pederson is forced to play Bradford, RG3, or whoever else they might bring in and has Tomsula like failures, ownership might be forced to fire him.

Peyton Manning has gone one and done 9 times in the playoffs

The other seven QBs playing this weekend combined have gone one and done 12* times in the playoffs

#groverfacts

*13 if you count the game Palmer started in 2005 and threw one pass in before the Steelers destroyed his knee.

kmag

Yeah I am surprised they kept Reese.

His recent drafts have been better, they've resolved the cap issues caused by the inability/refusal to recognize the 2011 run was the last hurrah for that OL and DL.

The Giants issue isn't really the GM, it's the whole front office set up but mainly the college scouting. The Mara's aren't your usual meddling owners in that they leave the coaching to the coaches, but they're hugely involved in the talent acquisition.

Except McNabb was part of a very strong QB class (or at least considered to be) and was always projected to go #1,2, or 3 at worst.

This class is horrible. Similar to when Chip took over and had the #3 pick. Had their been a strong QB available in that draft class the Eagles wouldn't be in this mess at this time.

Especially Eskin.

I see it. What better way to make fans realize they have to be patient with this hire than to dump a first round QB on Pederson to "develop"? That alone buys him 2-3 seasons with the excuse the QB is developing.

Another retool or quick turnaround might cause Pederson his job if it leads to disaster too. Think Tomsula. If Pederson is forced to play Bradford, RG3, or whoever else they might bring in and has Tomsula like failures, ownership might be forced to fire him.

That is a really good point. I hate this so fucking much. I cant believe that the Eagles got themselves into a [position where they hired a coach because he was nice more then anything else.

MechDX

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 1m1 minute ago
Where did Trent Baalke started his coaching career? North Dakota State.

Where does Carson Wentz play? North Dakota State.

Got damn I love the off season! "Connectionz" and smokescreens everywhere!

Heard a story on NPR this morning about how NFL Network is airing Super Bowl 1 tonight. It's the first airing of Super Bowl 1 since the original airing, 50 years ago. It's the only Super Bowl to have never been aired since the original because almost all of the footage was thought to have been destroyed.

NFL Network stitched together found footage from ABC as well as B-roll from Ed Sabol/NFL FIlm's Super Bowl 1, and then layered the Radio broadcast on top of it.

Gonna DVR it

http://www.npr.org/2016/01/15/46314...irst-super-bowl-for-the-first-time-since-1967

effzee

That is a really good point. I hate this so fucking much. I cant believe that the Eagles got themselves into a [position where they hired a coach because he was nice more then anything else.

Yeah I always thought more of Lurie and even with him not wanting to retain Chip, I never thought he would be this much of a coward and shy away from trying something new (outside of the Reid box).

Saw the headlines of the papers this morning. Do like Reid being "Big Red" and Pederson being "Little Red".

Uggh

Anyway now sort of excited to see the staff put together. Any word on who the coordinators will be? The guy hired yesterday is the new LBs coach?

Peyton Manning has gone one and done 9 times in the playoffs

The other seven QBs playing this weekend combined have gone one and done 12* times in the playoffs

#groverfacts

*13 if you count the game Palmer started in 2005 and threw one pass in before the Steelers destroyed his knee.

Well officially it'd be 13 then but yeah.

Yeah I always thought more of Lurie and even with him not wanting to retain Chip, I never thought he would be this much of a coward and shy away from trying something new (outside of the Reid box).

Saw the headlines of the papers this morning. Do like Reid being "Big Red" and Pederson being "Little Red".

Uggh

Anyway now sort of excited to see the staff put together. Any word on who the coordinators will be? The guy hired yesterday is the new LBs coach?

Yeah the weird thing is on the radio yesterday they were saying that the word is he is going to be inside LBers coach, which lead to speculation that the Eagles would be keeping the 3-4. I wonder if Pederson has any input at all into what defense the team runs.

Edit:

I wonder what Koy is up to, maybe they could get him to come join the staff in some way.

DougEagles.jpg

McAdoo saying the staff situation is fluid but he's all but confirmed that Spags is indeed coming back. Said he's had conversation on changes and how to improve, etc. Doesn't want to say anything else on the staff front.

Hindl

Uggh

I've heard Mike Pettine and Jim Schwartz are both being looked at for the DC position, but that's all reports so take with a grain of salt. But I'd be alright with either of them to be honest. The bigger question is Shurmur. If Bradford stays, keep him for some stability while we rebuild. Otherwise, ditch him and find a new OC

MechDX

what makes you want wentz? I'm not being snarky, i haven't watched any of these QBs play.

Right now just early impressions. Physical size is all there, able to make all the throws, has good escapability. Miller and Braddock both saying he is deadly at that intermediate to mid range throws. Everything this offense needs at QB.

This is depressing though:

AFC scout on a team picking later in the first. Description fits only one team really :(

eznark

Banned
Wentz is going to make the senior bowl fun, fucking stipd they added two more QB's though. Does anyone really need to watch Dak Prescott or Cody Kessler?

Top Bottom