• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

Hindl

Yeah I'd like Schwartz but worries me here is that Pederson doesn't even seem to be involved in picking his own staff.

Unless he has already outlined a plan for who he wants but all of it seems like the team's choice more than Pederson.

Why would Shurmur need to be moved? He is also a holdover from the Reid tree/regime and while he spent time with Chip, his primary background is the very same WCO that Pederson is going to run.

It probably is the team's choice, but I'd have to imagine he had some input on the coordinators he'd be working with right? And as for Shurmur, the main reason I see him sticking around is for Bradford's continuity. If Bradford leaves, maybe Lurie would want a full break from Chip (aside from Howie). Of course, maybe Pederson does want to work with Shurmur. I wouldn't be too upset with Shurmur staying I guess, but it really depends on the QB situation.

bionic77

Man I wish a dirty ass team like the Bungles got to go after Brady and the Patriots.

I would love to hear Brady's screams if Burfict got a clean shot at him.

It probably is the team's choice, but I'd have to imagine he had some input on the coordinators he'd be working with right? And as for Shurmur, the main reason I see him sticking around is for Bradford's continuity. If Bradford leaves, maybe Lurie would want a full break from Chip (aside from Howie). Of course, maybe Pederson does want to work with Shurmur. I wouldn't be too upset with Shurmur staying I guess, but it really depends on the QB situation.

What makes you think that? It came out from multiple sources that they wanted TC for the job but he said no to having his assistants picked for him. If they are not going to let a 1 ballot HoF HC picks his own staff, why would they let Doug Pederson.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
pam-oliver-0_610x464_28.jpg

"Kas, with Antonio Brown officially being ruled out of this week's game with a Concussion, what are your thoughts on being an ain't shit fuck boy?"

porter.0.gif

My thoughts are fuck you, fuck the Steelers and your shitty coaches should be suspended the same amount of time as Vontaze Burfict got suspended. Would have been a bad PR move by the NFL to play Antonio Brown this weekend but you can bet your the Steelers tried everything they could to put him back on the field.

Onto more important issues I'm ecstatic we kept Jim Caldwell for another year. It was really an easy option for Bob Quinn as well. The Lions and Coach Caldwell have a bad year, Bob Quinn can easily say "gave it a shot now let me bring in my guy."

Which would've also meant getting rid of Coach Austin and Coach Cooter.

But to just fire Coach Caldwell, after all the players said they loved him, after they did not quit on him like other teams did other coaches would've really rubbed a lot of seasoned vets in the locker room the wrong way.

I also think this means Megatron comes back for one last season. Even if he doesn't, we'll be fine, but this team is poised for a deep playoff run next year. He knows that too and has said as much.

Great move by Bob Quinn, not only for the team, but really for his job security.

Now let's add some depth with the 10 or so draft picks we have plus the decent amount of change we can work with in free agency.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Special teams coach Chris Tabor is being retained by Hue.

I don't know how this guy keeps surviving but here he is.

Hindl

What makes you think that? It came out from multiple sources that they wanted TC for the job but he said no to having his assistants picked for him. If they are not going to let a 1 ballot HoF HC picks his own staff, why would they let Doug Pederson.

Hope and naivety mostly. I don't think they'll let him choose, but I at least hope they let him have some input. If we get a solid OC and DC in here, I'm upgrading next season from dumpster fire to low expectations, so I just want to have faith

Farooq

Banned
I think Garrett could rebuild a lot terribly run franchises.

Should probably be a FO exec imo. I would like to see if him and his staff can develop a QB though. Garrett, Wade Wilson, and even Linehan a lot of former QBs.

I don't think he is a puppet. Cowboys have a unique structure and from everything I have read, talent aquisition is a collaborative effort between Stephen, McClay, and Garrett.

effzee

Forgot about that. Excellent point especially considering they are putting together some assistants and lower level coaches.

They wanted Coughlin to retain Duce and or Shurmur so both are back in some role under Pederson.

Where as Reid came with a full plan of who he wanted for what and how he would turn the team around in 5 years, starting with drafting McNabb over Ricky Williams who the city overwhelmingly wanted, Pederson is being tasked with repeating the success without the same organizational planning on his behalf nor the freedom from the team.

harSon

Banned
porter.0.gif

My thoughts are fuck you, fuck the Steelers and your shitty coaches should be suspended the same amount of time as Vontaze Burfict got suspended. Would have been a bad PR move by the NFL to play Antonio Brown this weekend but you can bet your the Steelers tried everything they could to put him back on the field.

pam-oliver-0_610x464_28.jpg

"Nigga please"

bionic77

Anybody know if Brock is practicing today?
No but Denver is saying that Ben is using Jedi mind tricks on them.

We are still going to lose but I am going to get delusional and read too much into this shit and start to believe that the Broncos are psyching themselves out. They are obsessed with a dirty hit from a loss a month ago and Ben and AB's injuries. They should be focussed and just use garbage PR talk like Ben is using about how we were lucky to beat them and aw shucks the other team on the field is the best of all time and we are going to have to be great to even have a small chance.

Also I really hope that Ben is a Jedi and can use a mind trick to tell Peyton to throw 4 straight TAINTs.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
No Brown, eh?

W7zRuVW.gif

There we go. Alright Chip time to see what you learned from your time in Philly.

This is staying on until Chip shows he isn't a dumb fuck. I need to go grab an image of his face and put it on the image.

There's the duff we all know and love!

Bowser

Ugh, Ginn missed practice today after seeing a doctor for soreness in his knee yesterday. Precautionary and Rivera expects him to play Sunday, but wish he was 100%...

Ugh, Ginn missed practice today after seeing a doctor for soreness in his knee yesterday. Precautionary and Rivera expects him to play Sunday, but wish he was 100%...

Slightly related, it's cold and raining all day today with a 50% chance of rain on Sunday.

The field was just resodded (again) and currently is covered with a a tarp, but field conditions may be still less than optimal come game time.

harSon

Banned
The only way the Steelers take this game is if its an ugly, undisciplined and low-scoring. We'd have to rely on noodle arm playoff Manning playing like absolute horse shit and our defense playing well, and even then our offense is going to have to make a play or two.

I don't see us winning a conventional game, nor do I see us winning if the Broncos score over 20 points.

So how soon until some stories "leak" out regarding Carlos Hyde's gang ties?

Probably before next season's draft. He's got to make room for Christian McCaffrey.

Spinluck

No Brown and a Bum Shoulder Ben. GG Steelers.

If only the Bus was still playing
so he can fumble on the 1yd line and this time fat fuck Ben will be too hurt to save the game with a tackle sending Bionic into a R2D2 like coma.

TheFatOne

I felt good about the Pats chances against KC with Edelman back, but not with a gimpy Gronk. Have seen this before, and it wasn't good. No idea what to expect from the Pats tomorrow anymore.

Godslay

Banned
The only way the Steelers take this game is if its an ugly, undisciplined and low-scoring. We'd have to rely on noodle arm playoff Manning playing like absolute horse shit and our defense playing well, and even then our offense is going to have to make a play or two.

I don't see us winning a conventional game, nor do I see us winning if the Broncos score over 20 points.

These are the kind of games the Broncos have won all year.

You want a high scoring game where Peyton has to throw from behind in volume.

Top Bottom