• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

Ben McAdoo didn't have the time to run over to JC Penny's and get a suit that fits? C'mon man!

Sure, Manning is a gimp, but he can run the offense. I would come out and go up tempo. Don't let Butler dial up those exotic blitzes and wear down the Steelers defense by making them play more snaps. Give the Broncos the lead and then let your defense sit back with two deep and see if Ben can beat you with a sprained shoulder and without AB.

Roethlisberger has been playing poorly for a month straight. If you can get a decent lead, I wouldn't expect another big comeback. What you're advocating is trying to keep the game close and win late. That's probably what the Steelers' plan is, also. I'd go for the jugular.

Precisely.

Getting conservative on the Steelers is just what they want, especially with Brown out.

Godslay

Banned
Sure, Manning is a gimp, but he can run the offense. I would come out and go up tempo. Don't let Butler dial up those exotic blitzes and wear down the Steelers defense by making them play more snaps. Give the Broncos the lead and then let your defense sit back with two deep and see if Ben can beat you with a sprained shoulder and without AB.

Roethlisberger has been playing poorly for a month straight. If you can get a decent lead, I wouldn't expect another big comeback. What you're advocating is trying to keep the game close and win late. That's probably what the Steelers' plan is, also. I'd go for the jugular.

Up tempo should be reserved for certain situations. Can't have Manning out there with 2 or 3 minute drives and then gassing out the defense. If we are up against the 2 minute warning going into a half, or need to catch up, then sure dial up the hurry up offense.

Otherwise, grind it out, finish drives and keep the defense fresh.

Stick to what has worked.

harSon

Banned
I didn't realize how big of a human being Sammie Coates was. Dude looks like a fucking linebacker.

sammie-coates.jpg

And he runs a 4.37-4.40?

Up tempo should be reserved for certain situations. Can't have Manning out there with 2 or 3 minute drives and then gassing out the defense. If we are up against the 2 minute warning going into a half, or need to catch up, then sure dial up the hurry up offense.

Otherwise, grind it out, finish drives and keep the defense fresh.

Stick to what has worked.

Man you have NO faith in Pey Pey do you.

harSon

Banned
Too bad he can't catch.

It's already a foregone conclusion that he's going to be a stud at WR. Every WR we draft in the middle rounds of the draft are guaranteed to be serviceable. As long as we stay away from receivers in the second round, also known as the Limas Sweed round, we'll continue to outclass the league in selecting stud WRs.

If we can teach Heyward Bey to have zero catchable drops over the 2015 season (look it up, it's true), then we can teach Coates to catch. If push comes to shove, we just have Ben call Coates out in the media - and then we'll have the dude catching touchdowns with the ball pinned to his junk as he does a back flip.

Bucs:

User Actions
Following

Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet
Mike Smith is expected to be the #Bucs new defensive coordinator, source said. Had several options, this was No. 1.

Packers:

Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano 3m3 minutes ago
Packers WR Davante Adams has been ruled out for Saturday night.

Godslay

Banned
Man you have NO faith in Pey Pey do you.

Every year since he's been in Denver we watch him throw it all over the yard in the regular season. Playoff football rolls around, the game changes into a different monster. He struggles at times, and when that happens the team typically sputters around him. Largely because he's usually hiding deficiencies of the team by being so good himself.

Most years he has to because he's the cornerstone of the team. As goes Manning, so goes the team.

This is the one year I've watched him in Denver where that isn't the case. The defense is good enough to keep us in any game, the offense has done enough to win us games. Let's not fool ourselves here though. The strength or core of the team is no longer Manning, he doesn't have to be and that's the great part.

If he can lead that offense down methodically without heroball and turn overs, Broncos stand a chance in every game. He just has to be decent, not great.

I'll have more faith in him if he stays within the boundaries of himself, limits turnovers, and plays team ball. It's not having lost faith in him, it's understanding his limitations.

It's already a foregone conclusion that he's going to be a stud at WR. Every WR we draft in the middle rounds of the draft are guaranteed to be serviceable. As long as we stay away from receivers in the second round, also known as the Limas Sweed round, we'll continue to outclass the league in selecting stud WRs.

If we can teach Heyward Bey to have zero catchable drops over the 2015 season (look it up, it's true), then we can teach Coates to catch. If push comes to shove, we just have Ben call Coates out in the media - and then we'll have the dude catching touchdowns with the ball pinned to his junk as he does a back flip.

I like this newfound enthusiasm from you.

That said I find it a little worrying that we haven't heard shit about Coates all season, not even a little nugget here or there about having good practices. Even when Martavis wasn't playing you heard his name and how he was performing (or not performing).

Hunter S.

Every year since he's been in Denver we watch him throw it all over the yard in the regular season. Playoff football rolls around, the game changes into a different monster. He struggles at times, and when that happens the team typically sputters around him. Largely because he's usually hiding deficiencies of the team by being so good himself.

Most years he has to because he's the cornerstone of the team. As goes Manning, so goes the team.

This is the one year I've watched him in Denver where that isn't the case. The defense is good enough to keep us in any game, the offense has done enough to win us games. Let's not fool ourselves here though. The strength or core of the team is no longer Manning, he doesn't have to be and that's the great part.

If he can lead that offense down methodically without heroball and turn overs, Broncos stand a chance in every game. He just has to be decent, not great.

I'll have more faith in him if he stays within the boundaries of himself, limits turnovers, and plays team ball. It's not having faith, it's understanding his limitations.
Beer-Glass-Cheers.gif

harSon

Banned
I like this newfound enthusiasm from you.

That said I find it a little worrying that we haven't heard shit about Coates all season, now even a little nugget here or there about having good practices. Even when Martavis wasn't playing you heard his name and how he was performing (or not performing).

To be fair, he doesn't really have a position on the offense we could realistically plug him in at. He's still raw and developing his game, and the one facet of his game that we could utilize is already covered by Bryant (the deep ball). With Bryant spreading the defense, Brown bringing in 140 receptions, Wheaton getting the leftovers and Heyward Bey doing what Coates does but already knowing the offense and being a veteran presence... it's not surprising that Coates has been missing in action.

He's DHB 2.0

I'll take my chances. Martavis Bryant and Kelvin Benjamin had the same issues as Coates, but sometimes the positives outweigh the negatives.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Well, LionsGAF... Caldwell is staying. You happy or sad?

He will inevitably cost us a game or two next year, but with that cake schedule they'll probably still get ten wins.

Hunter S.

Unless he has to play the Chiefs again... zing!

To be fair though, he got his plantar fasciitis injury that kept him out 6 and a half games against the Colts and then tried to play the Chiefs. Working, living and playing with that injury involves pain tolerance. Clearly he was pretty fucked up in pain against the Chiefs and his results show it.

DMczaf

Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet
Mike Smith is expected to be the #Bucs new defensive coordinator, source said. Had several options, this was No. 1.

Hello darkness my old friend...

harSon

Banned
Broncos fans.

What are the chances that your livers still intact on Monday if you lost the game to an overtime deep ball to Heyward Bey from Landry Jones?

bionic77

I'll have more faith in him if he stays within the boundaries of himself, limits turnovers, and plays team ball. It's not having lost faith in him, it's understanding his limitations.
I can't believe people are discussing the Steelers like we pose some of threat.

Analysis is simple.

What Denver has to do to win. Not be the Browns/Lions/absolute gutter trash.

What Steelers need to win. See above. We are fucked.

Unless some Tebow level fuckery occurs the game is not going to be competitive.

Good luck in the AFC Championship Broncos. This is why you want that bye. So you don't have to worry about half of your team being taken out by some dirtbag from Cincinnati.

Godslay

Banned
^ Wounded animals are the most dangerous.

Broncos fans.

What are the chances that your livers still intact on Monday if you lost the game to an overtime deep ball to Heyward Bey from Landry Jones?

I'm fine with that, probably how the Tebow ball felt going the other way.

Hunter S.

Broncos fans.

I think I will smoke me some legal Marijuana, an Indica most likely because booze is harsher on the body. So toxic.

Top Bottom